Drift Missile club

• Thread starter Eric1512
  • 46 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
Redsuns_Eric_DRP
Well today Redsuns_Klutch got the idea to start a missile group. The idea of the group is to just get everybody that drifts missiles together. It doesn't matter your skill, age, and if your on a team or not. There are a couple rules to follow, but nothing to hard.

To help explain what a missile is I will include a definition, video and pictures. Feel free to post your own pictures and anything else that has to do with missiles.

A missile car has a couple of definitions in Japan, depending in which context youre talking. Usually it refers to a drift car that has been left close to standard externally, while still being heavily modified under the skin. Imagine the sort of thing a D1 driver would take up to the mountains for a bit of practice on weekends. In the case of these cars however, it means that cost of tyres petrol, and entry fee for a track day combined should cost about as much as the car itself.

Rules:
1.Roll Cage
2.Missile(Duh)
3. Helmet
4.Have Fun

Within the group we have decided that we will be going with all Japanese cars as that is where the term drift missile comes from. I have included a list of cars that can be possible missiles (might need revived). Various teams on GTP have Missile meets such as Nemesis Night Slide, Redsuns East Coast Meets, and Sunday night blackout just to name a few. Anyway have fun and see you around.

Restriction for Missile meet lobbies:
400 HP
CH tires

List of Possible Missiles:
1991 and older RX7
Any S Chassis
Any classic supra not including the Supra RZ
Toyota Chaser
Toyota MR2s
Toyota Aristo
2003 and older Mazda Miata
1997 Toyota soarer
Any classic Toyota AE86
Honda S2000
Toyota Altezzas
Z31
RWD R32's

Video and picture section:

missile_nikko_001.jpg

missile_nikko_009.jpg

If someone could go over the car list and or help make a system on how to organize the group. Also what should the limit on members in the group be?

This sounds fun. Sign me up :). I think my play times are a little different than yours Eric, but I'll make it to whatever events I can.

As far as the car list goes, what about the z32 300zx, say '91 or older? And that Rwd Lancer GSR? Oh, and what about R30 and R31 skylines?

Also, and this is a question I'm askig purely out of curiosity and because I want to know what you guys think...when will FDs and z33s be old enough to be missiles?

This sounds fun. Sign me up :). I think my play times are a little different than yours Eric, but I'll make it to whatever events I can.

As far as the car list goes, what about the z32 300zx, say '91 or older? And that Rwd Lancer GSR? Oh, and what about R30 and R31 skylines?

Also, and this is a question I'm askig purely out of curiosity and because I want to know what you guys think...when will FDs and z33s be old enough to be missiles?

Z33's probably cause the wide variety of numbers of them, turbo, non-turbo, etc. But when it comes to FD's I think the rarity of them comes into play how many people dont want to destroy them.

Z33's probably cause the wide variety of numbers of them, turbo, non-turbo, etc. But when it comes to FD's I think the rarity of them comes into play how many people dont want to destroy them.

Z33's out of the question, as well as FD's. Too much speed.

:)

Thats only a list of possible missiles :sly: You can drift r30 and r31 skylines :)
About the 91 FD, i got one of those ( in the game of course LOL ) and they are actually pretty damm slow :lol: but the hp limit is 400 so i think that can keep up with other missiles in my opinion. :)

If not in 15-20 years then probably never for the z33, too powerful and probably too expensive to repair any damage. Not sure about the FD, maybe another 10 years lol.

Edit: Don't allow either you noob, they're not missiles!

If not in 15-20 years then probably never for the z33, too powerful and probably too expensive to repair any damage. Not sure about the FD, maybe another 10 years lol.

Ok, I agree.

Anyway here is some more missile pictures. These are actually my pictures!

DSC_2510-2.jpg

JLG_1475.jpg

JLG_1373.jpg

100 hp 86 anyone? :drool:

SPANK

HKSturbo

Like i said above. The z33 is everywhere, i have seen them as missiles and should be allowed. As far as the fd goes, they are rare in the U.S and few if none use them as missiles. Keep fd off the list, but use z33's.

Like i said above. The z33 is everywhere, i have seen them as missiles and should be allowed. As far as the fd goes, they are rare in the U.S and few if none use them as missiles. Keep fd off the list, but use z33's.
Really? I just googled z33 350z missile, all I got was a few pictures of slammed Z's and funnily enough the first result was a link to this thread haha.

Z33 is a luxury sports car not a missile...

Now that I think about it, that sounds about right. Anyway here are 3 videos from Summit Point where they have a event called 100 drifters of December. Almost every car is a missile. Its like a matsuri in the united states. All 3 videos are mine.

Alot of Ls1's as its the cheapest over here.

Depends of what model , appart the spirit R other model are Ok , and for thé Z33 seriously , its not a missile...

Well i can see what SPANK is saying, theres a lot of Z33s out there everywhere in the world so it will probably become a Missle just not yet since its still quite expensive and "luxurious" i guess, some years have to pass by till this car becomes a Missille, now the FD its still rare and expensive everywhere so i think it will never be a Missile and frankly i hope it never does.

Well i can see what SPANK is saying, theres a lot of Z33s out there everywhere in the world so it will probably become a Missle just not yet since its still quite expensive and "luxurious" i guess, some years have to pass by till this car becomes a Missille, now the FD its still rare and expensive everywhere so i think it will never be a Missile and frankly i hope it never does.

+1

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. If I had a Z33 right now, I wouldn't use it as a missile at all. S-chassis, for example, are a dime-a-dozen and can easily be replaced.

I'd totally be down to do this!

Well i got the first missile meet up and running. Join! 1472 6118 3615 5264 5507

Count me in Eric. :)

/edit: just not now, I'm sleeping at the moment lol.

@OJ - If the Z33 becomes a missle, you think after even a couple of more years pass, the Z34 will become one aswell?

Last edited:
If you Allowed ''Z33'', I will use my ''AMUSE'' and my ''RX8''.. Maybe my M3 Coupe and my Aston Martin.. Oh.. Sorry, I forgot my SLS and my Viper.

DriftAsator
If you Allowed ''Z33'', I will use my ''AMUSE'' and my ''RX8''.. Maybe my M3 Coupe and my Aston Martin.. Oh.. Sorry, I forgot my SLS and my Viper.

I :lol:ed so hard to this.

Wow, that sparked quite the debate lol. Whoever brought up the point about the cost of repair, I think you nailed the main reason right there. Guess it'll still be a few years until the z33 reaches missile status.

I'm sad I couldn't make it tonight...had a baseball game. Hopefully can make it to one soon :D

Wow, that sparked quite the debate lol. Whoever brought up the point about the cost of repair, I think you nailed the main reason right there. Guess it'll still be a few years until the z33 reaches missile status.

I'm sad I couldn't make it tonight...had a baseball game. Hopefully can make it to one soon :D
That was le moi! :sly:

Heh, why are people even considering FD's and 350z's as missiles?????

I don't think people are considering them as missiles...yet. It was a sort of hypothetical question I asked...when will FD's and z33s be old enough to be considered missiles. From what most are saying, it won't be for a few more years at least.

Do cars even become missiles any more because correct me if I'm wrong but don't jdm stand for Japanese drift missile and jdm ended in 2002 so how can a car become jdm lol

Ignore this ^^ lol my m8 is so stupid

Do cars even become missiles any more because correct me if I'm wrong but don't jdm stand for Japanese drift missile and jdm ended in 2002 so how can a car become jdm lol

Ignore this ^^ lol my m8 is so stupid
Lmao Japanese Domestic Market*

Back