Drift Photo Tournament - Its Back! - Entry Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
MKthreeGTi
Entry, MKthreeGTi f00! lol

What the heck Specialized, we should at least get to PS some of our images!!

Simple reason actually, some people dont have photo editing software, even if you can get it for free legally anyway it doesnt mean that people will know how to use if. Im trying to keep this tournament fair for everybody but i am still looking into running a photoshop drift competition however it will only be a trial run to see if and hoe many people enter. I will sent another PM to everybody when i set it up.

As for this tournament though its looking good!! Keeps the entries coming!

Thanks

Spec....

Specialized
Simple reason actually, some people dont have photo editing software, even if you can get it for free legally anyway it doesnt mean that people will know how to use if. Im trying to keep this tournament fair for everybody but i am still looking into running a photoshop drift competition however it will only be a trial run to see if and hoe many people enter. I will sent another PM to everybody when i set it up.

As for this tournament though its looking good!! Keeps the entries coming!

Thanks

Spec....
I have to agree with Spec on this one, most people don't know how use one let alone have a photo editer(legally), besides it takes more skill to take a great photo with any editing.

Entry- FC3S-D

This is due in like 2 days? the 7th?

ANNND, long time to see pplz!

and btw, love the new website, i just haven't been on for months

AngleProvidence
I have to agree with Spec on this one, most people don't know how use one let alone have a photo editer(legally), besides it takes more skill to take a great photo with any editing.

people are getting illegal photo editing software? sheesh

ENTRY - Diego440

AngleProvidence
I have to agree with Spec on this one, most people don't know how use one
I'm not talking about complex editing with cutting, blurring, etc.

I'm talking about modifying brightness/contrast. (You just need to slide with your cursor to the right or left, it is NOT hard and does NOT involve complex things that require advanced editing skills)

AngleProvidence
let alone have a photo editer(legally)
GIMP and Picasa are free and legal as far as I know, and they will do a great job for editing Brightness/Contrast.

AngleProvidence
besides it takes more skill to take a great photo with any editing.
A bad photo won't become good only by adjusting B/C, a good photo will be even better though if you adjust B/C. And they will be a lot more fun to look at IMO.

So, why not involve minor photo editing in the drift comps?

gt_masta

Because then we have to get into all the details of what is and is not minor editing. In picasa, you can crop, change contrast, color, brightness, fill, add soft focus, black and white, sepia and the list goes on. Now in general, that's ALL minor stuff. But rather then get into that whole hornets nest of problems, we're going to leave it straight from the stick and that'll be that.

gt_masta
I'm not talking about complex editing with cutting, blurring, etc.

I'm talking about modifying brightness/contrast. (You just need to slide with your cursor to the right or left, it is NOT hard and does NOT involve complex things that require advanced editing skills)

GIMP and Picasa are free and legal as far as I know, and they will do a great job for editing Brightness/Contrast.

A bad photo won't become good only by adjusting B/C, a good photo will be even better though if you adjust B/C. And they will be a lot more fun to look at IMO.

Simple, because its not fair. Its also more challenging to produce a good photo without any editing. Simply put, produce a photo that doesnt need editing to show your worth.

Ok so gimp and picasa are free doesnt mean everybody has access to intalling software. There are many people on here who are of a younger age and may not have there own computers either so share with there parents. Now if they are not set as administrator they cannot install software so they would be alienated from the competition.

Ive said before that i want these comps and the tournament to be fair for everybody and if for instance you have had say 5 years experience using photoshop and a person gets gimp or picasa and have used it for five minutes then your edited photos will obviously be a better quality.

I have also mentioned that im trying to get a Photoshop Drift Competition going on a trial basis to see what the reactions like and then i will discuss with the mods around here and decide if its to become a permanent thing.

Please can we now leave the editing thing alone. There are rules and if photo editing was allowed then it would say so.

Hope this clears everything up

Spec.... :)

PS Thanks for what you said to Swift

Right, theres only one place left for this tournament. So the next person to enter will be the last.

Thanks to all who have entered. This Tournament should be a good one!

Spec....

COOL! All 32 people now accounted for. Look out for the new thread which will be appearing later today or tomorrow with the requirements and whos agaisnt who :mischievous:

Spec....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back