Drift settings

• Thread starter DriifterX
  • 31 comments
DriifterX
Just an idea here, but how about we put together a 'Drift Settings Depo' which is done in a similar format to all the 'grip' racing settings?
Because I (and i'm sure i'm not alone here) drift more than I race, and with driftings popularity growing as it is, I don't see why us drifters cant make a settings thread which is just as comprehensive and as serious as the grip settings thread..

Is anyone keen?

I was thinking about thsi the other day. I agree completly. Or atleast a thread with a huge list of Car: Author format of drift settings linking to posts with the settings.

I see a lot of good drifters just max the power depending on the car, and do weight reduction.

At least that's what they say.

I suck regardless.

Don't ever go to The Lion's Den? The Lion's Den Racing will be starting to make drift tunes soon, as soon as I feel comfortable with my drifting.

Great idea , i felt this had been missing since the GT5p forum started up.
Using grip tunes for drift seems to work ok but i want some real
drift tunes. Lets see some variety , many of the lower cars have never had tunes realesed eg: Suzuki cappuccino tuned

I can tell you guys that TLD-R is very close to its first drift tunes now. I will probably hold a special drift event, TLD-R Open Day soon too.

Personally I drift my Amuse S2k a lot now with power at the minimum, weight 85, and the rear damper and springs with 2 clicks extra, and the brakes at 0 front and 10 rear so I don't straighten up in turns when I try to slow down.

Here's what you need to do:
- N2 or N3 rubber (user pref.), same compound front and rear. N1 can be good for high scores but you'll lose some control.
- Pro physics, all aids off (or ABS 1)
- Steering angle 40 for Spec III, 50 for Spec I-II.

After that it's ALL about getting the gearing right... which can be a regal pain with some cars. Anything else is just because I feel like I need to do something to the car.. most of them are just as good stock. Tuning seems pretty rudimentary in GT5P, and as in GT4 I can't really feel the result of most adjustments at all. Although - like in GT4 - you can make a car really loose by softening the rear and stiffening the front, it's not advised in this game.

Anyway here's roughly what I end up doing most of the time, in order of importance:
- Full weight reduction
- Adjust power to get a nice flat torque curve
- Front camber between -2.5 and -1, rear camber between -1 and 0
- brakes 2/4
- Lower the car to 5 clicks from bottom, keeping the rear end 5 clicks higher will usually give a bit more front grip
- Stiffen the springs and dampers some, 6F/5R will usually be decent for both

Last edited:
Same :)👍

Slap some N3's or S1's
Add some power, shread some weight
Fix gears and your off

Wont hurt to make up something lol It usually works.

Ske
Here's what you need to do:
- N2 or N3 rubber (user pref.), same compound front and rear. N1 can be good for high scores but you'll lose some control.
- Pro physics, all aids off (or ABS 1)
- Steering angle 40 for Spec III, 50 for Spec I-II.

After that it's ALL about getting the gearing right... which can be a regal pain with some cars. Anything else is just because I feel like I need to do something to the car.. most of them are just as good stock. Tuning seems pretty rudimentary in GT5P, and as in GT4 I can't really feel the result of most adjustments at all. Although - like in GT4 - you can make a car really loose by softening the rear and stiffening the front, it's not advised in this game.

Anyway here's roughly what I end up doing most of the time, in order of importance:
- Full weight reduction
- Adjust power to get a nice flat torque curve
- Front camber between -2.5 and -1, rear camber between -1 and 0
- brakes 2/4
- Lower the car to 5 clicks from bottom, keeping the rear end 5 clicks higher will usually give a bit more front grip
- Stiffen the springs and dampers some, 6F/5R will usually be decent for both

Just gave these settings a nudge in my M3, wow, the car feels awesome! Thanks man!
What about toe angle adjustment?

Same as pat66:tup:

You can drift most of FR Car totally stock only with N2 tires on it, the most important setting you need to do is making gear fit the track on your powerband preference. And your on for great moments :sly:

I was able to wait longer. I could really do with a review in TLD as I have no idea if this will be a good tune for pro drifters. It works for me though. Please test the car with default settings before applying TLD tune to see the improvement.:)

TLD-R Mustang Drift Car

hi guys
if you want to drift proper you have to do this on every car

toe
+0.10 front
-0.30 rear

you'll see it is really easier to drift with that

Just released an SL55 AMG drift car in The Lion's Den. Head over to the tuning forum to check it out, all feedback appreciated.:)

hi guys
if you want to drift proper you have to do this on every car

toe
+0.10 front
-0.30 rear

you'll see it is really easier to drift with that

I drift the Lexus ISF... You can't use the e-brake, so I use weight-shift techniques.

Power : +15 (HP = 547)
Weight : -15 (1436 KG)
Tires : N2 front and N1 rear
Downforce : impossible
Ride height : front and rear at 0
Suspension : front and rear at 2
Toe in and Toe out : at 0
Camber : front on 1 rear on 0
Brake Balance : front and rear on 0
Steering angle : 42
T.C.: off
A.B.S.: 0
gears:
1) 4.596
2) 2.724
3) 1.863
4) 1.464
5) 1.231
6) 1.000
7) 0.824
8) 0.685
(Yes, it has 8 gears...)
Can anyone drift the car with these settings, by using the 'scandinavian-flick'?
I wonder if I can do a good car setup, because it works for me...
I never drift with Sports tires, because i can't do it, is that normal?

Depending on your style will depend on what tune you will like, there is no GOD like tune out there, try to learn how each adjustable setting alters the cars performance, for instance slightly toe-ing out the rear wheels will make it easier to initialise the drift but at the cost of stabilty, running negative camber on the front will also help the front tires to grip more reducing understeer while in most case's on gt5p adding camber to the rear, around 2 helps prolong the drift, overall drift cars tend to have high spring/damper settings to keep the wheels incontact with the ground, remember you need grip to drift! not loads like a race car but enough to keep you in control. Also you must drop the car low because it just looks better!

Tire wise its upto you, if your after points use n1 or n2 (even a combination on underpowered cars just check the scores), but if its realism your after then i feel s tires are alot closer, n3's kind of feel like drifting in the wet which is good to learn as the car slides easier but with still enough grip to catch and control the slide for beginners.

With less powerfull/torqueless cars increase the power anything over 350bhp is plenty depending on tires but with large cc high power v8/turbo units tunning for torque can be just as usefull,

Weight, less improves agility and can reduce understeer but more can also be used to help use wieght transfer to initiate drift, i tend to tune the car light because it bogs down less,

Break bias, you want more back than front i tend to use 4front 6back but this is upto you, the greater the steering angle the greater the angle the car can get to with you still in control

Hope this helps a few of you but im sure to many this is knowledge allready known

TANNER FOUST 350z DRIFT SETTINGS

Over the past 3years drifting his 350z tanner has found slightly softer sprung rear suspension helps along with toe out applied to the rear wheels, his altered geometry for gt5p tune is as follows

SPRINGS front 6 back 3
DAMPER front 6 back 3
TOE front 0 back -0.25
CAMBER front 1 back 2

for more info including tips watch his youtube video on the playstation section, GRAN TURISMO : TANNER FOUST DRIFTING 101

I would link but not sure if I can as I have wrote this via PS3 hope it helps

I Tried soft at the front and hard at back and on the GTR proto it drifts at high speed really well not good for points though

Springs front 2 back 8
Damp Front 2 back 8
Toe -0.30 and +0.25
Camber 3 and 2

Try it let me know.

these are my settings i use for all my cars

power : 0 adjustment
weight to : the bottom
n3 on both
low as posible
spring rate : 4, 6
damper: 6, 6
camber angle: 2.5, 2.5
brake balance: 3, 5
max turning angle: 47
tc: off
abs: off

Hey guys, sorry about this question but, where can I change my settings? I know only the drive options where you can change the tyres and the abs

help me please

Hey guys, sorry about this question but, where can I change my settings? I know only the drive options where you can change the tyres and the abs

help me please

Once you've finished all the races in A class, you'll unlock quick tune, thats where you can tune the brakes,power etc.

Anybody got a good tune for the Cappi/Tuned :P

Another question :D

when I go to the online mod I see only a few races with different things. For example only light heavy cars or only a Ferari F430, but where can I host a game, because I want to drift with you, is there something with the A lisence, too? because I bought the platinum version of GT5P, it is the spec 3 version, is there something different about this specs, and the last question is, can I drift with my own settings in GT5P online??

thank you TNT_Rob

Another question :D

when I go to the online mode I see only a few races with different things. For example only light heavy cars or only a Ferari F430, but where can I host a game, because I want to drift with you, is there something with the A lisence, too? because I bought the platinum version of GT5P, it is the spec 3 version, is there something different about this specs, and the last question is, can I drift with my own settings in GT5P online??

thank you TNT_Rob

You can't host a game, we don't have private lobbies in GT5P, secondly, there are PP events where you can tune your car and there are just events for a certain car and no tuning. So yes you can drift with your own settings in online as long it fits under the PP.

Latest Posts

Back