Drift/ Tandem

• Thread starter ZIPTIES
  • 18 comments

what do you think about the drifting?

• Total voters
Sweden
Sweden
so what do people think about the drifting/ tandem in gts ?
i have issues with grip in lower speed. Example when you do a donut around a car with comfort hard tires. you spin like crazy no matter what gear i use. Even a few seconds after i release the throttle. Feels like ice!
Drifting in general is not so bad when i use the Toyota 86 GRMN. Other cars not so great.
Here is one of my tandem videos when doing reverse laps on suzuka east course.

I don't get the options from the Poll...

To answer your question, use gripper tyres, it makes drifting easier.

Yes! sorry about that. It is my first post and i did not understand what a poll was. so it got a little wierd ;)
using tires with more grip is not the point. if you got drift experiense from gt6 you might know what i mean.

THe Lexus isf with comfort hards drifts nice
The mustang with any sport tires drifts nice to
I think I used sport sorts for the mustang and it felt really good, try experimenting with different tires, each car is different. Go with whatever tire makes you feel the most comfortable

THe Lexus isf with comfort hards drifts nice
The mustang with any sport tires drifts nice to
I think I used sport sorts for the mustang and it felt really good, try experimenting with different tires, each car is different. Go with whatever tire makes you feel the most comfortable

Ye sure I have tryed the lexus and i agree. good car. it's always going to be comfort hard for me because thats what we use for tandem. i feel like the biggest problem is how you handle the acceleration. to much throttle and i spin around if i dont sett the gears really low. also cant go verry wide with any car. I hope they add 60 degrees steering lock on some DLC cars. (drift cars) But i have a feeling thats not a high priority ^^

Wit
Ye sure I have tryed the lexus and i agree. good car. it's always going to be comfort hard for me because thats what we use for tandem. i feel like the biggest problem is how you handle the acceleration. to much throttle and i spin around if i dont sett the gears really low. also cant go verry wide with any car. I hope they add 60 degrees steering lock on some DLC cars. (drift cars) But i have a feeling thats not a high priority ^^
You really have to finesse the throttle in this game. I feel like throttle control plays bigger part in sport than in the other gt games

As good as everyone says the GRMN 86 is, (I haven't bought it yet, too obsessed with Group B) the I seem to have hit a sweet spot with the Camaro SS and the Mustang. Both seem to really come alive in the control department with the power increase/weight reduction maxed out and comfort medium tires.

Wit

You really have to finesse the throttle in this game. I feel like throttle control plays bigger part in sport than in the other gt games
As good as everyone says the GRMN 86 is, (I haven't bought it yet, too obsessed with Group B) the I seem to have hit a sweet spot with the Camaro SS and the Mustang. Both seem to really come alive in the control department with the power increase/weight reduction maxed out and comfort medium tires.
I have a issue controlling the mustang like i want. And i have not tryed the camaro yet.
Do you have any suggestions for me when it comes to setting up the mustang? And do you use comfort hard?

I have a issue controlling the mustang like i want. And i have not tryed the camaro yet.
Do you have any suggestions for me when it comes to setting up the mustang? And do you use comfort hard?
Sport soft for the mustang felt good for me, just play around with the tires and see what works

Sport soft for the mustang felt good for me, just play around with the tires and see what works
i highly recommend comfort hard for any car. because of the limitations of what you can do with other tires. But with comfort hard the possibilitys are crazy.

i highly recommend comfort hard for any car. because of the limitations of what you can do with other tires. But with comfort hard the possibilitys are crazy.
Trust me I only used comfort hards in gt5 and gt6. I still mainly use them now, but this game is different and it’s easier to slide with other tires now. Still mainly use ch though.

Drifting feels a lot different after the 1.05 update. Before, you went slow speed and wide angle. Now, because of the increased longitudinal grip you went high speed and reduced angle.if you try to go for the same angle as you did, you just simply spin out.

For me drifting in this game doesnt work at the moment. I drift a lot in reality with streetcars but here the car doesnt do anything like my real cars do usually.
It is uncontrollable at the moment :( Very weird stuff happens when trying to drift propperly.

As an FYI on tyres, real drifters use track day tyres, which are the real-world equivalent to Sports tyres - not comfort.

Grippier tyres makes controlling a drift easier, it's not a cheat or a cop-out or anything, it's realistic... Driving with plastic tyres doesn't make you a drifting god... And yes, I did drift in GT6 - I was very good at it tbh - but this isn't GT6, it's GT Sport. The handling model is different and you have to drift to it.

I do agree that it doesn't drift like a real car at the mo, but you have to compensate for that.

For me, I was moaning about the use of CH tyres towards the end of GT5 too, you can slide off a cambered track without moving sometimes, they're stupid as!

CM work well enough though :D

As a complete useless drift driver hats off for both drivers on that video. Cool stuff to watch. 👍

For anyone who wasn't around in the beginning of the GT5 days, there is actually an important reason we used CH tires for tandems and competition and its the reason it's still used today. Yes they are unrealistic and most people who use them would agree with you. And yes other tires do feel better in gt sport for drifting. But competition and for tandem, CH tires are like a great equalizer which allowed back in the day for a 900 HP viper to tandem with a 430 HP sileighty. And it is how I can tandem my 480hp Alpine A110 against all the Gr4 458s out there. You want to drift, use whatever tire you want. You come into a lobby to tandem, put on your CH shoes. It's just basic etiquette. As anyone who's ever been on a mixed tire drift lobby will agree, getting punted off track and called slow is only fun so many times.

Back