Drift vs. Grip: Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Im fooling around and tuning with Drift and Grip racing styles, and I was wondering if I can get your guys' times for you're favorite/best drift (Or grip) courses. Im not trying to start a flame war, Im just here to get times and opinions.

If you wouldnt mind, Im also interested in the car and settings you have in place, this would greatly help me out. Im planning on doing an extensive write up on this, so if you guys could help me out and send me some times and data, my reasearch will go faster 10 fold. Thanks :)

xBLOODxRIOTx
Hey guys, Im fooling around and tuning with Drift and Grip racing styles, and I was wondering if I can get your guys' times for you're favorite/best drift (Or grip) courses. Im not trying to start a flame war, Im just here to get times and opinions.

If you wouldnt mind, Im also interested in the car and settings you have in place, this would greatly help me out. Im planning on doing an extensive write up on this, so if you guys could help me out and send me some times and data, my reasearch will go faster 10 fold. Thanks :)
hopefully this doesnt start the war again lol.

Ill edit in the setting of the car after when I get home, however about the time.. If I am having trouble with a certain corner ill do it over an over again, I rarely ever make an enire track with out spining once and I think that the whole "time" thing isnt about drifting... If your going around a corner with your car slipping a little and the rear calling it a drift it isnt its just a slide. The whole time thing I think is kinda nonsense. Not trien to Flame you just I think if a drifter was worried about time he would use grip you can not compare time and drifting... just impossible. Sorry Ill try my best when I get home to supply you with times/setting but the times i will tell you range from say a 1:30-4:00 track time... depending if I turn around and drive or just correct and continue

antisport.net
Ill edit in the setting of the car after when I get home, however about the time.. If I am having trouble with a certain corner ill do it over an over again, I rarely ever make an enire track with out spining once and I think that the whole "time" thing isnt about drifting... If your going around a corner with your car slipping a little and the rear calling it a drift it isnt its just a slide. The whole time thing I think is kinda nonsense. Not trien to Flame you just I think if a drifter was worried about time he would use grip you can not compare time and drifting... just impossible. Sorry Ill try my best when I get home to supply you with times/setting but the times i will tell you range from say a 1:30-4:00 track time... depending if I turn around and drive or just correct and continue

I tried making my post the least- flammable I could. And Im not talking about show drifting in particular, Im actually more interested in a drift courses and times on them, then Im going to test them out and see how I fair on them.

And my write up isnt going to be "Grip is better!!11lolz" But like I said, more of an anaylsis about how proficent you cant be with each of them. Like entry speeds, hitting apexes(sp), exit speeds, ect. Thats why I want your car and settings so I can try and test it out myself also to see those statistics.

Seattle used to be my training ground back in GT3. I would constantly try to one up my grip time with my drift time (and vice versa) always using the same setup. I think my drift time was on top before I got GT4.

I'm gonna do it, don't think I won't do it. I've done it before and it lasted for a good month.

GRIP PWNZ DRIFTING FOR FREE!
DRIFTING IS TEH SUKK

hahahaha priceless 👍 :)

And we just went through this....

New Fastest Lap Times Thread

In fact, this has been hashed to death. There will be no discussion of Drift vs. Grip. All you have to do is check the GT3 forum, or a quick search here would show the results.

AO

Der Alta
And we just went through this....

New Fastest Lap Times Thread

In fact, this has been hashed to death. There will be no discussion of Drift vs. Grip. All you have to do is check the GT3 forum, or a quick search here would show the results.

AO

Shucks AO, I wanted to get that one. Good catch though! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back