Drift with Ds3 & G27 question..(G27 is much harder)

China
Shanghai
franky_lp
I have played GT for about 10 years . I used DS2 in GT3&GT4, and i can drift well with it.
In GT5 i can use two stick to finish License in Gold, drifting well, until i bought G27 .I suddenly become a fresh man it GT.
But after about one year training, i can get the golden metal cup in license , and drift better .Though i still can't drift as well as with DS3.
Now , GT6 is coming, i won all golden with G27 ,then i played drift ...shocked...i can only make the car spin or rebound to outside.(i always use stock car to drift )
Strangely , i still can drift a car in a large angle with DS3 ...so i'm confused with it . With DS3,i always make full throttle drift with large couter steer, i can't do it with G27, i can just drift in gently throttle and small angle/no counter steer to prevent mistakes.
Who can tell me why or who have the same situation just like me?

First of all, I'd like to point out that when you have less angle, the car grips up faster, so you should be heavier on the throttle than when you have a lot of angle.

Secondly, DS3 drifting has always been a LOT easier than wheel drifting.

Third point: Don't drift stock cars. Look up a tune on the forum, and work with some of those.

First of all, I'd like to point out that when you have less angle, the car grips up faster, so you should be heavier on the throttle than when you have a lot of angle.

Secondly, DS3 drifting has always been a LOT easier than wheel drifting.

Third point: Don't drift stock cars. Look up a tune on the forum, and work with some of those.

HI. You mean i should make a larger angle ,more counter steer ,and more gas ,right?
Then, how can i avoid to be throw to another side?

Hi, mate!
I agree with most things, you've said.
Drifting with clutch and H-pattern on my G25 is more difficult when trying to stay close to a friend with DS3. He can easily make corrections, easily drift with a huge angle, where I must attack sharply, since my mistakes aren't so easy to correct.

I'm fighting a bluebird 1800 with stock suspension, 215hp, LSD 60 60 60, else stock, abs 0.
I suppose this can be applied on any stock car in order to drift with huge angle and smoke - you initiate early with a light feint and easy clutch kick enough to make the car slide (or simply feint, accelerate), with 50% acceleration which should be steady until you make sure the car is stable. As you realise, it's easy to set the car off balance, so you need to be smooth.
Once I get into drift, I countersteer so that my wheels are looking at the straight behind the corner (i'm not aiming wheels for apex, because of the angle), then you step on the gas smoothly up to 70-80% while increasing the countersteer with your wheel (about half turn) and keeping it this way with a little correction, the car will increase it's angle and start burning tires. With little corrections by accelerator and wheel (merely couple of degrees, important not to over do it) you will keep the drift at this angle.
To end the drift or transfer into next corner, you need to ease on the pedal back to around 40-50%, the car begins to slowly straighten and also let go of the wheel.. The point is, if you try to turn the wheel by force in the direction of the skid, the car will lose it's balance and you will be thrown off the track.

Add me if you want, I could try to show it. :)
Not pretending to be a smart ass. -_-

Last edited:
Hi, mate!
I agree with most things, you've said.
Drifting with clutch and H-pattern on my G25 is more difficult when trying to stay close to a friend with DS3. He can easily make corrections, easily drift with a huge angle, where I must attack sharply, since my mistakes aren't so easy to correct.

I'm fighting a bluebird 1800 with stock suspension, 215hp, LSD 60 60 60, else stock, abs 0.
I suppose this can be applied on any stock car in order to drift with huge angle and smoke - you initiate early with a light feint and easy clutch kick enough to make the car slide (or simply feint, accelerate), with 50% acceleration which should be steady until you make sure the car is stable. As you realise, it's easy to set the car off balance, so you need to be smooth.
Once I get into drift, I countersteer so that my wheels are looking at the straight behind the corner (i'm not aiming wheels for apex, because of the angle), then you step on the gas smoothly up to 70-80% while increasing the countersteer with your wheel (about half turn) and keeping it this way with a little correction, the car will increase it's angle and start burning tires. With little corrections by accelerator and wheel (merely couple of degrees, important not to over do it) you will keep the drift at this angle.
To end the drift or transfer into next corner, you need to ease on the pedal back to around 40-50%, the car begins to slowly straighten and also let go of the wheel.. The point is, if you try to turn the wheel by force in the direction of the skid, the car will lose it's balance and you will be thrown off the track.

Add me if you want, I could try to show it. :)
Not pretending to be a smart ass. -_-
hey, i add you friend yet.^-^
thank for your addvise and i am trainning more

well, guys, do you find the 1.03update become a little different that the drifting car is a bit easier to hold countersteering?

and i suddenly know how to control the car steady when drifting.
the key point is pay more attention to the right foot ,not my hands ....
right?

im so sorry about my poor English skill.... it's so hard for me to understand what's he talkin'about....i should listen harder to get it...hah

Back