Any tips for a new guy using a Wheel

-Use CH and FR (obviously)
-Try a variety of stock cars to get a feel of differences in cars i.e. heavy vs light and powerful vs gutless.
-Start of with basic 180 degree and 90 degree handbrake manoeuvres and driving off from them. Helps doing these around cones.
-Focus on weight shift in the initial learning phase. Enter corners by feinting and getting a feel for how the car steps out.
-Set up a main drift car with a bit of tuning and power to start drifting different sections and tracks
-Watch this:

-Above all else, stay determined to practice and learn

Remember, learning on wheel takes a lot longer than DS3 and unfortunately DS3 experience doesn't count for much when using a wheel. To become decent at using a wheel requires at least 3 months I found but may take slightly less time for you since you don't have a clutch to use. If you need any help feel free to message me on PSN.

gt6 still needs updates to drift with the g27 properly.
Like anything, just sit down and practice. you CAN make it work with gt6

Already watched that haha, And the only real problem is that i get too much angle and spin, or the car snaps the other way

Get a stock Nissan S13, S14 or any other light to mid weight FR car, install a custom LSD and set it to 5/5/5. Just add a little power, maybe 300hp you really don't need more. With that setup you should have a perfect basis
And run in a easy track, Autunm Ring Mini is perfect or Indy S turn.

Drifting is actually had in this game then real life then me I can't feel weight shift of car in game.

I been trying to keep my eyes on the gforce meter on the bottom but it's hard cause it's all the way at the bottom. Keeping my eye on this actually help me maintain a drift but I still have a hard time exiting on small corners

Get a stock Nissan S13, S14 or any other light to mid weight FR car, install a custom LSD and set it to 5/5/5. Just add a little power, maybe 300hp you really don't need more. With that setup you should have a perfect basis

What Gauz said but I prefer the diff set to all values at 60.

Thanks guys, the main problem i am having is i can enter the drift sometimes hold it for a second, then it will snap the other way or get to much angle that is just dies

Touch angle and spin out adjust your throttle don't always just floor it all the way.

snapping( I'm assuming this means the direction your counter steering then snaps away in the direction you was counter steering)

Try less counter steering ex: 450degree to 400 to 300 or whatever it is

Back in GT5 I learned how to drift with a 88 Supra Turbo A. I'm glad to report that car still drifts brilliantly out of the box in GT6. Just put on some CH tires and go sideways. No need to mess with anything else (because I don't know how to!).

You're spinning out because your front tires are overheating. As far as snappin back, drive quick transition sections with less angle than your usual attempt to full lock every corner.

There is only one tip:
PRACTICE

In the beginning you will think like: What is going on, how could I ever learn how to drift this stupid wheel. But believe me, after a while and lots off practice, you can't go back to the controller. Once you're used to it and gained the feeling for it, you will learn that a steeringwheel is much more controllable than a controller.
Just don't give up and practice a lot, after a while you will love it!!! ;)

Just watch some GT6 drifting videos where you can see them counter steering and don't floor it when you're in a middle of a drift.

Last edited:
You should be able to drift then.
I remember from my DFGT Though that I had to "help" my wheel to get it in the right position for drifting fast enough.
You can drift properly with a DFGT or DFP though. I only learned some bad habits from it.
With my G27 I have set my FF on 7 and it is fast enough.

Back in GT5 I learned how to drift with a 88 Supra Turbo A. I'm glad to report that car still drifts brilliantly out of the box in GT6. Just put on some CH tires and go sideways. No need to mess with anything else (because I don't know how to!).
+1

I tried my own miata setup first and also eddy's (which is easier to control than mine, but still too touchy of a car for a noob like me). I am brand new to the GT series with a Fanatec, this Supra is a great car to learn on, thanks for the tip.

I went out to suzuka east for a 25 lap practice session to get a feel for it and to also fine tune my wheel settings. I have it set a lot closer to the feel I am used to and am getting more consistent with my transitions. I am also starting to be able to blip the e-brake to initiate rather than just weight transfer.

Tip for new wheel users trying to practice: Dont TRY to drift, just try to drive fast (like if you were hot lapping) and keep the car under control. You will learn to catch the car when it gets loose (and it most definitely will with CH tires), and control it. Just keep pushing, it will get more natural, you'll be able to hold the slides longer and with more angle as you get a better feel for it.

Last edited:
Also, here are my current settings for my Fanatec CSR w/ 756 firmware. I like my steering feel pretty light so I dont really have to fight the feedback to make quick corrections. If you like a firmer feel bump up the FF and SHO settings (I think..)

In Game FFB : 10
Simulation Steering
Power Assist : On

Sen: 840
FF: 80
SHO: 50
DRI: 05
ABS: 01
LIN: 00
DEA: 00
SPR: -01
DPR: -03