"DRIFT_MACHINA 5:The New Era",(slight re-edit 04/17) hope someone watches this time

Electric.......

(Banned)
This is the Skyline Squadron drift videos thread.

First video: "DRIFT_MACHINA: STAGE ONE" (DEC 26th 2005)

this one is our first video,it features a R32 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M,tuned to 281 hp(garage screen) on High Speed Ring,Autmn mini,and Infineon Sports.

Driver: Electric(me!)

I also edited this video,it's not very well edited but this is the first video I ever edited.Advices welcome,both for the drifts and editing.

http://rapidshare.de/files/9862507/Drift_Machina.wmv.html

BTW,the size is just 46 mb,I found a way to keep it small yet good quality....

Second video: "drift_MACHINA 2: RIDE THE PAIN" (JAN 2nd 2006)

Car: Nismo GTR R33 Lm Road Car (573 hp)

Tracks: Hong Kong,New York,Suzuka.

Link dead,upload ony if requested....

Third video: "DRIFT MACHINA 3: WASABI SUICIDE" (JAN 7th 2006)

Amuse Carbon R(874) hp (settings screen)
Tracks: Citta Di Aria,Costa Di Amalfi and Nurburgring Nordschleiffe,although it's mostly the Ring...

http://rapidshare.de/files/10594589/wasabi_suicide.wmv.html

Video No#4: "Prototype Drifter"
Nissan GTR concept '01
http://rapidshare.de/files/12559699/prototipdrifter.wmv.html

Video No#5: " The New Era "
Nissan Skyline Sedan GT-8
Version 1: 80 mb .ace archive(can be opened in WinRAR archiver).approx.5 and a half minutes.Reason for putting it in an archive:size.Reason for size: better quality,and that way some of effects aren't ruined(no,not many effects).
Format: .avi video.
winrar download link:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
winace download link(in case winrar doesn't open it,but I doubt that):
http://www.windowscommandcenter.com/files/wace26i.exe

Video download link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/14529248/Drift_Machina_5.ace.html

Version 2: Same as version 1, but 20 mb video,wmv format,poor quality.
http://rapidshare.de/files/14532439/The_new_era.wmv.html

Version 3-slight re-edit. Uploaded on Filefront.

http://files.filefront.com/Drift_machina_5_\The_New_Era\/;5001242;;/fileinfo.html

Downloading, I say did you guys register yet?
Not bad of the video, I like it so I would say a 7 out of 10? but it looked like you used the same clips over and over. as Drift wise, the angle and smoke wasn't bad but the speed was kind ok. who know people might think differently

gtdrifter06
i liked it, i wish i was good like all of you
Practice makes perfect:tup: ,
nos2
Just curious, what's IDM? Is it another board? Or is it a drift team?
IDM is a drift team "internatial drift mayham" (team made up of drifters from around the world).

Electric.... your vid is good but it could have been better:lose the spoiler (not good aerodynamics wise, can't control the car half as well during drift, (maybe it's just me)and can't link,I'm speaking strickly ds2 which I asume you are using? Good drifts are far harder on a car with a spoiler ,(from GT Auto) the downforce makes "this" car oversteer more that you need it to meaning, you can only go so sideways before you spin out.
= Had to use settings just to get it this smooth(ds2), you don't want to have to fall back on settings they're only there to make your drifts better.👍

Well funny thing is,I CAN'T drift without the spoiler sometimes.

I used to practice with a Honda S2k,and I always spun out until I had the spoiler installed.
But there are cars that I can drift without the spoiler.

Electric.......
Well funny thing is,I CAN'T drift without the spoiler sometimes.

I used to practice with a Honda S2k,and I always spun out until I had the spoiler installed.
But there are cars that I can drift without the spoiler.
Well I can't, drives me nuts!(to much setting work due to added downforce)to much grip when I don't need it!

I don't get the point of drifting a +800hp RWD car on GT4 pysics. You're wheelspining all over the place, you loose too much speed on your drifts and car's control is very difficult.

Drifting is not only get a car sideways at any cost. Drifitng is getting a car sideways with style. And that style is crappy (just look the corner exits). Don't take me wrong, you're good but that car isn't a good drifter.

Sheron
I don't get the point of drifting a +800hp RWD car on GT4 pysics. You're wheelspining all over the place, you loose too much speed on your drifts and car's control is very difficult.

Drifting is not only get a car sideways at any cost. Drifitng is getting a car sideways with style. And that style is crappy (just look the corner exits). Don't take me wrong, you're good but that car isn't a good drifter.

Yes, this car is not good choice to drift,especially when fully tuned.

But,the reason I chose to drift it is because I wanted to se can I actually get the Carbon R sideways,on 3 of the most (IMHO) challenging tracks in GT4,and exit the drift without snapping/spinning out.

Not bad... But it could be beter both in drifting skills and in editing...

@Electric......
Dobar ti je novi Avatar, ali stari mi je nekako jači...

yes I just seen the amuse carbon video and I think that it is not the best combo to use . I think that it is especially hard evn when you are a very good drifter. I can say more about the drifting I'm totaly agree with sheron.
about the edit I found it pretty cool I think you search your style and that it will coming
keep it the good work man

i liked the music and feel of the video. if you only used you're best drifts i thnk you could be onto something.

i disagree with sheron. only because my carbon r is tuned to the max and its a beast and a blast to drive.:mischievous:

I think TRi and the FBI guys might have and up-and-comer to keep an eye on in the future when it comes to who is capable of producing the best editted vids. Electric, I recognize the effort that went in to the creation of this video so 👍 there.

However, I do have some reservations about the actual quality of many of the drifts. Clever editting is an effective way to mask the occasional mediocre drift - but when you do a whole video without showing a single drift in full with no freeze frames or things flying across the screen, etc etc, it's bound to raise questions in people's minds.

By about the 3minute mark of the video I was starting to get annoyed by all the hopping around and clips playing in rewind. These tricks are effective at grabbing attention every now and then in a video but I think it was overdone here. If you could tone it down just slightly in future vids and use your editting skills to enhance the drifts, rather than rip them apart into 8 or 10 separate instances I think your vids would be well recieved by a far larger audience. The majority of us are here to watch the drifting afterall, not necessarily the special effects.

But, at least you are willing to try things that few have tried before. You have your own style and presentation methods, and I respect that.

I'm having difficulty critiquing any of the drifting in the latest vid. The flow of the drifts was taken away by all the cuts. In a few of the clips it looked like drifts were ending very early by trying to grab a little too much angle (and it a lot of the clips the exit wasn't shown at all).

I think that's about all I have to say. I haven't watched the first few vids yet, but I'll look forward to future releases to see how you're progressing.

edit:
btw - if you were to upload your vids to a permanent host such as www.filefront.com, or similar, I'd be more than willing to add your material to the Drift Video Directory.

edit 2:
I rewatched it and paid less attention to the effects this time through. One of two things seems to happen in almost every single drift you present. You either take an early apex and are forced to slide onto a difficult wide line midway through a corner, or you enter late and get onto an unfavourable wide line (there are good and bad wide lines... I didn't see any good ones here).

I think more attention needs to be paid to finding yourself a comfortable out-in-out drifting line, and then setting up a car that can follow it. There were instances here where the car seemed overly slidey and unwilling to make the turn... like it just wanted to keep sliding straight off-track.

Keep goin 👍

Back