Drifting Needs More Attention

• Thread starter Rdp616
  • 44 comments
I simply cannot get behind a sport that needs judged scores...
Automotive drifting... the figure skating of motorsports.
So, IMO, drifting doesn't need more attention, it needs to die off.

100% TRUE. It's almost good now but 2 important things left to fix. you lose speed on big angle. and this might not seem like a big deal but tandem donuts is not possible to do. it should be easy!!! And that's a thing in the drifting culture!! (Rear wheel drive cars!)

I simply cannot get behind a sport that needs judged scores...
Automotive drifting... the figure skating of motorsports..

I agree with this largely.. however to me, its idioticly fun to watch.

You cannot expect a Japanese game to not feature this given its such a big deal in the US and Japan.

And further to this, its actually quite fun in the game.

They should be making League events for this?

The door is behind you.
Drifting is not about judgement. It is about control and try to follow the lead car goes while trying to stay as close possible on lead cars door. LEAD CAR. Suppose to do the best lead he can give for the follow car. A good racing line is just as important as the drifting line and in many cases the same. but drifting is also about style and angle. style is same thing as driving style. well i like crazy wild tandem drifting. But never sketchy in any way no matter how wild it gets. Keep it clean. Best think about tandem is the community. it's all about the fellowship about, Never winning or losing. (The word tandem means together) If i race against people who cant keep up or if i cant keep up with others it gets lonely. Drifters stay together to have fun both off track and on track sending it sideways doing wall taps and door 2 door love taps!

I agree with this largely.. however to me, its idioticly fun to watch.

You cannot expect a Japanese game to not feature this given its such a big deal in the US and Japan.

And further to this, its actually quite fun in the game.

They should be making League events for this?
i could not agree more! Add me if you want: B1-OCH-B2

Let's face it, it was massively popular in the last 2 installments. Arguably just as many drift rooms as race rooms at times, if not more. And they are already popping up everywhere on GT Sport even though it's nearly impossible to drift at the moment.

I got way more enjoyment out of drifting in GT6 than racing. Racing was simply a blood bath at times where as drifting was 95% of the time, was pure sportsmanship. Especially in the Japanese rooms, how organized some of the competitions were was absolutely amazing, and a blast at that.

You could argue that GT Sport, as well as the others were purely a racing game and that drifting was merely just something that happens to go on in the game.. But, there's still drift challenges and drift mode, so why hasn't the technical aspects of drifting been shown any attention? Along with there not even being a single drift car in GT sport.

For example, i've been wanting a steering angle adjustment since GT5. This alone would help out GT's drifting community a bunch! A more responsive E-brake would be helpful too, i noticed some cars in Sport, it barely engages while others it doesn't engage at all.

It's not really asking for much, i just feel if you're even going to mention drifting in your game, at least show some attention to it, especially when it's arguably the most popular Motorsport in your home country.
I like to know also why PD left online Drifting and Time Trials Events out of GTS for. If PD had these events in GTS, I would still be playing this game, and also many other players.
GTS has only got online daily and FIA races, and if you don't like them like me, well GTS to me is not much of a game.
It would be so good if PD put these online Drifting and Time Trials Events in the game, and then a lot more players will play the game. PD needs to have a variety of events for online racing, but PD gets lost sometimes on what to do when it to come to online racing.

Scrap drifting.
No, Drifting should be and a event in Sport Mode as well as Time Trials, online leaderboard for the both Events. If these events where in Sport Mode along side Daily Races and the FIA events, then players will have a variety of events to play.

Back