Drifting problems i have

• Thread starter homerix1
  • 9 comments
Argentina
Argentina
homerix1
Hello i wanted to see if some of you guys can help why these 2 problems.
1) When i start drifting then when i try to counter steer but its like it isnt enough to keep the car drifting, i also tryed to regulate the acceleration and dont hold R2 .So as i have this problem my car starts spining and i cantkeep drifting
2)the other one is that at the end of the curve if im able to drift the car loses speed and i cant finish the curve correctly
This probles may be so stupid for u by as im a little noob i need u to help me :)

This may sound silly, but have you turned off all the driving aids? 2 sounds like a lack of power issue. Also, are you drifting in manual? To drift most corners in the game you want to be a gear above the suggested gear.

yes i have all driving aids off and as im using a controler i drive on automatic as is easier do u recomend me to start practising with manual?

yes, in auto you will start to lose power in the higher rpm. The game changes gear according to vehicle speed. So where you start losing power mid drift due to limiter bashing is about where you should be changing up gears. Then if you find you are oversteering too much you can simply back off the throttle or gear down to stop the rear wheels from spinning so quickly. As practice try approaching a 2nd gear corner in 2nd, but before entering the corner put it in 3rd. You should then have enough power to drift or powerslide the whole corner.

yes, in auto you will start to lose power in the higher rpm. The game changes gear according to vehicle speed. So where you start losing power mid drift due to limiter bashing is about where you should be changing up gears. Then if you find you are oversteering too much you can simply back off the throttle or gear down to stop the rear wheels from spinning so quickly. As practice try approaching a 2nd gear corner in 2nd, but before entering the corner put it in 3rd. You should then have enough power to drift or powerslide the whole corner.
This guy know his stuff! ^^

@TH137Z explained it perfectly.

Seriously, remember what he said and learn manual.

It will take less time than you think, and you won't regret it.

As practice try approaching a 2nd gear corner in 2nd, but before entering the corner put it in 3rd. You should then have enough power to drift or powerslide the whole corner.

I think this is worded wrong. If you're approaching a 2nd gear corner in 4th, gear down to 3rd to make the corner. Shifting up before/at initiation of drift is bad for non-tuners as they can suffer transmission or turbo lag.

I think this is worded wrong. If you're approaching a 2nd gear corner in 4th, gear down to 3rd to make the corner. Shifting up before/at initiation of drift is bad for non-tuners as they can suffer transmission or turbo lag.

I understand where your coming from, if hes suffering lag, but that will have to be something he works out for himself. I'm just explaining a simple power over technique which should give him the basics. What car or tuning methods he uses will be up to him.

My layout from when I used to drift ds3.
Square-shift up
X-shift down
Circle-E brake
R2-accelerate
L2-brake
I found this the best setup for drifting.

Back