Drifting Sub-forum needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
413
Messages
SLAPHAPPYFRANKY
Messages
BLKJ SlapHappy
When will the drifting sub forum be put up?

I think its time for this to happen since almost everyone has it by now and everyone will have it tomorrow. The drifters need some sort of place to converse so we are not stepping on racers toes. I don't want a flame war over drifting is dumb blah, blah. I was just wondering when it was going to be put up.
 
+1 👍
We definitely need one for sure! :)
 
I definitely support this. Excited to see some sick drifting vids popping up, really looking forward to the FT86 as a new drift toy :)
 
Yea i think jordans going to make all the sub forums when the game is actually released for stuff like tuning,drifters, photos, etc
 
It will come with time. They know. :-)
 
Since I can't play GT5 for another 4 months, I am eagerly awaiting drifting videos. Can't wait to see the RE RX-7 properly drifted. Watching all the videos that have surfaced so far is making the pain worse but I can't help but not watch.
 
👍 we need a few new sub forums. copy and pastes sub forums for gt5p
 
If I get the game tonight I'll hopefully be able to drive good enough to make a video like my Art Morrison video in my signature.;)
 
I hope someone's up for writing some really in-depth drifting tutorials. In regards to both tuning the car and the drifting itself. I've always been a fan, but never been great at it myself... I'm looking to improve with GT5.
 
is that GT chat on xat still up. i used to drift with you guys on gt5p along time ago
 
Yeah I believe Evergreen drift chat is still up

http://xat.com/evergreendrift

I can't wait to start drifting. I just hope I can be friends with someone with a capture card to be apart of the madness :)
 
A subforum may be created at some point in the future. I'm not sure of the conditions needed for a subforum to be made, but I will bring it up with the moerators.
 
If I get the game tonight I'll hopefully be able to drive good enough to make a video like my Art Morrison video in my signature.;)

Nice drifting video! I'm not that good at it but I want to practice this a lil more. Using a car like that might make me want to. Never thought to use the Vette.
 
A subforum may be created at some point in the future. I'm not sure of the conditions needed for a subforum to be made, but I will bring it up with the moerators.

Considering drifting is in the game(even tho its points drifting:crazy:) and the other GT games have the sub-forum it should be one of the first to be created.

Nice drifting video! I'm not that good at it but I want to practice this a lil more. Using a car like that might make me want to. Never thought to use the Vette.

Thanks that was after 2 months of using the G25 with no wheel experience before hand.
 
I got a capture card, shame i cant drift :( If i could i would make loads of vids
 
+1,000,000
We really need one.
 
Stop pushing it people, Interludes has already stated that he'll bring it up to the others.

Lude I think it would be best to lock this thread. Due to the update that Jordan just posted on the NEWS Page.
 
Last edited:
A subforum may be created at some point in the future. I'm not sure of the conditions needed for a subforum to be made, but I will bring it up with the moerators.

Well, if it's a fairly large and important topic, then it'll qualify for a sub forum.

---------------------------


The game hasn't officially released yet. Sure a lot of people have it themselves already, but more people will start getting it by tomorrow. And after a few days or so, there will be a drifter sub-forum.
 
I can't wait for 16 car tandems !!!
 
Stop pushing it people, Interludes has already stated that he'll bring it up to the others.

Lude I think it would be best to lock this thread. Due to the update that Jordan just posted on the NEWS Page.
Why should this happen? No arguments or off-topic discussion is taken place.

Its drifters making it apperant that a sub forum is needed. Its great thats he is going to tell them and I thank him, but in my opinion they should already know. I see 5 sub-forums so far and yet no drifting one. Maybe Jordan has his reasons keeping it back, but Iam not aware of it.

Since I can't play GT5 for another 4 months, I am eagerly awaiting drifting videos. Can't wait to see the RE RX-7 properly drifted. Watching all the videos that have surfaced so far is making the pain worse but I can't help but not watch.
I got the game and I was so excited I forgot the batteries for my camera, but when I go out tomorrow I'll get them and try to do it with the RX-7.👍
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why should this happen? No arguments or off-topic discussion is taken place.

Its drifters making it apperant that a sub forum is needed. Its great thats he is going to tell them and I thank him, but in my opinion they should already know. I see 5 sub-forums so far and yet no drifting one. Maybe Jordan has his reasons keeping it back, but Iam not aware of it.

If you would take at look at the News that Jordan posted not to long ago explains everything.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-launches-worldwide/
I copied his statement from earlier.

"Our forums are exploding with activity -- if you aren’t registered yet, sign up here right now (it’s free!). Working your way through GT5 with more than 146,000 other die-hard fans will take your experience to an entirely new level, and I’m about to release several major new site features on GTPlanet that will transform the way you play the game"

So give the guy some time, Jordan is at the launch and the MODS are taking care of other matters that deal with the page. There's nothing wrong with talking about the subject but pushing the subject shouldn't be done. There is a lot of things that need to be taken care of first before you get what you want. So I plural you to please give them some time. I think what you really need to be doing is thinking up ideas for drift comps. Once you get you copy of the game see how the severs are handled then you'll have a better idea on how to handle them.
 
Its drifters making it apperant that a sub forum is needed.
There is a time and a place for that, and it is neither here nor now. If you want to request updates to the forums, this is the place to do it.

Its great thats he is going to tell them and I thank him, but in my opinion they should already know.
I'm sorry if the moderators have more-pressing issues to deal with the creating a subforum for you. There is a lot of work to be done, and moderators do not have the power to create a subforum. That's why I said I would listen to your request, and bring it up with the others.

I see 5 sub-forums so far and yet no drifting one. Maybe Jordan has his reasons keeping it back, but Iam not aware of it.
Neither Jordan nor any of the moderators are under obligation to discuss what we do or do not do with you. As I have said, there are appropriate channels to go through for site requests, and there will be a discussion about creating a subforum. Until then, however, badmouthing the moderators for not creating a subforum the moment you ask for it is very poor form and you are trying my patience. I don't want to have to take action for this, but don't believe for a moment that I won't if I have to. If you want to discuss this further, you are welcome to take the discussion to a private message.

Thread closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back