Drifting Using The New G27

• Thread starter Niko_9
  • 16 comments
Nismo-bh
My first video. I was having a trouble with controlling the car when i first bought it, but now am getting better with it

LINK to video

My first video. I was having a trouble with controlling the car when i first bought it, but now am getting better with it

LINK to video

Fixed that for you. Just copy and paste the bit after v= in between the Youtube tags rather than the full link. 👍

Nice set-up. Do you like having the display that height though? Mine is right in front of me, and I'd think the angle you have your as would end up hurting your neck.

And you're a much better drifter than I am, keep it up.

I have a g27 too and have alot touble in controlling the car... :S Maybe it is the car, But I am not sure... I mean the wrong quick tune setup... :S Are you willing to share yours?
I just think that the blitz is too ruf... The ass just turn around all the time :S
How much force feedback do you use? I am around 8, maybe it is too much... :s

Hi Guys,
I am also using a G27 and had been practising on how to drift for 2 months already.. still can't get it... really frustrating, give up, come back and give up and come back trying again.. Really seems impossible to control the tunned cupz which supposed to be the easiest car to learn drifting on suzuka east....

i noticed that alot of people on g25 or g27 turn the wheel really fast to about 1.5 turns for counter steering.. i tried copy but my car will just U turning.. never did i feel i can maintain the drift at all...sigh....I watch many youtube video n read alot here already... when can i drift....

usually i realease accelerator n snap on it to initiate a drift....then i try to apply 1/2 pressure on accelerator to maintain the force n drift but the car will spun 360 degree.. but if i counter steer n realease pedal till say 1/3.. it dont work also.....on suzuka east i m on gear 2 when attempting to drift..also using N1 tyres for the tunned CUPz.

Maybe lowering the car all the way and stiffening the springs and dampers all the way would help let it slide.
can anyone confirm?

The easiest car to learn is the 350z. Setup lower it fully, suspension and dampers to 5 6, 6 6 and camber to 2.5 on both. :] Learn on eiger aswell. First corner just turn in throw power in back should step out as you feel it go let go of the wheel it will spin catch it make adjustments with throttle steering...

It's really hard to explain just noticed typing xD Just get a feel for when the back slips and it'll come together

Hi Guys,
I am also using a G27 and had been practising on how to drift for 2 months already.. still can't get it... really frustrating, give up, come back and give up and come back trying again.. Really seems impossible to control the tunned cupz which supposed to be the easiest car to learn drifting on suzuka east....

i noticed that alot of people on g25 or g27 turn the wheel really fast to about 1.5 turns for counter steering.. i tried copy but my car will just U turning.. never did i feel i can maintain the drift at all...sigh....I watch many youtube video n read alot here already... when can i drift....

usually i realease accelerator n snap on it to initiate a drift....then i try to apply 1/2 pressure on accelerator to maintain the force n drift but the car will spun 360 degree.. but if i counter steer n realease pedal till say 1/3.. it dont work also.....on suzuka east i m on gear 2 when attempting to drift..also using N1 tyres for the tunned CUPz.

try to turn off the power steering and put the force feedback to 5 or higher, believe me or not, it will help you get the feel and prevent you from getting out of control, it will also help you maintain the drift.

Hi Ysamu,
Thanks for your tips. I thought no one will post already regards to my query so I followed the only golden sure right advise the seniors here said. Practise and Practise. So for about 2 mths every night an hr. I practise using the tunned Cupz still, finaly one exciting lucky night, I realised that i clutch in, press hard the accelarator, I can cause the rear wheel to lose grip easier and oversteer, then quickly counter steering and I can do simple drifting already with moderating of the trottle abit...Can't perfect it but it is already very fun and inspiring to drift more. I really love this GTP game and its Physics

I feel my tired method is much easier than trying to do feint drifting. Thanks for all advise again. Cheers

Glad to hear it's going ok.
It could also partly be about tuning settings and car choice though.
But it doesn't really matter for now.

If you keep spinning out or shooting out of the corners I would advice you to get a more powerfull car on N3's though.
It takes a bit more effort to get it sideways, so it will probably require a bit more feinting again.
But when sideways it gives you alot more controll, and grip. Because grip is also crucial for a good drift. You need to stick through the corner. And with the physics of GT5, with good enough grip on the front tires, you can prolong your drift several different times by steering back INTO the corner and then countersteering again. It lets you controll your drift angle much more easily.

But it will all come by itsself just when having fun.
No matter what settings or car you might use.

Maybe lowering the car all the way and stiffening the springs and dampers all the way would help let it slide.
can anyone confirm?
i have the same question , can anyone confirm?!

i know its an old thread but i didnt want to open a new thread

Back