Drive Club Controller button configuration !

• Thread starter GO 4 IT
  • 15 comments
Hi all., I am new to the site and have yet to get into the next gen console purchase. I love all the GT games and looking forward to GT7 when it finally arrives.

I have always used a steering wheel since GT2 but at this point not prepared to purchase a new wheel just for PS4 and from past experience with thrustmaster not convinced there is the longevity in their wheels, Logitech in my opinion far superior.

Being a gamer with limited dexterity to use a controller can anybody tell me if it is possible to configure the controller in Drive Club as you would a DS3 in GT6 ? My preference would be right stick throttle and brake and R1 and R2 to do do gears.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul. As I haven't got the game open at the moment, I can't confirm fully, but there are some limited control configuration options - I think that it's open except for use of the D-pad, but hopefully someone else will be able to confirm that. If not, I can give you a full run-down tomorrow morning.

Wasn't there something mentioned earlier today on the main DC thread about other wheel options coming to the PS4?

EDIT: Here you go - Driveclub

Hi all., I am new to the site and have yet to get into the next gen console purchase. I love all the GT games and looking forward to GT7 when it finally arrives.

I have always used a steering wheel since GT2 but at this point not prepared to purchase a new wheel just for PS4 and from past experience with thrustmaster not convinced there is the longevity in their wheels, Logitech in my opinion far superior.

Being a gamer with limited dexterity to use a controller can anybody tell me if it is possible to configure the controller in Drive Club as you would a DS3 in GT6 ? My preference would be right stick throttle and brake and R1 and R2 to do do gears.

Cheers

Paul

Yep, you can configure the controller pretty much however you want. I'm using the right analogue stick for acceleration/braking and L2/R2 for gears right now.

Yep, you can configure the controller pretty much however you want. I'm using the right analogue stick for acceleration/braking and L2/R2 for gears right now.

I always see you at the top of the leaderboards and assumed you used a steering wheel! ;) haha

Cheers

Paul

Yes, it is. I use the same controller confuguration, the only difference being that I use L2 for brake instead of the right-stick.

I always see you at the top of the leaderboards and assumed you used a steering wheel! ;) haha

I wish! Unfortunately I can't use my wheel with Driveclub because Logitech, and I'm too poor for a Thrustmaster. :lol: :grumpy:

To be honest it's not really any faster to use a wheel in this game anyway, just a lot more fun and a lot more difficult to get used to (from what I've heard).

Last edited:
I was a bit disappointed when I found out I couldn't use the stick for changing gear. I like to use the right stick for downshifting in GT6. Hopefully PCars will allow me to do this.

Controls are so important in this game.

I can finally control the car after changing to my new control scheme.

I tried several different configurations which were "ok", but never perfect. Now I use square for throttle and L2 for brake and I got a top 20 on maplewood 1 with La Ferrari after only 3 laps. :D I had never been near the top 20 before in probably nearly 1000 attempts.

My tip is to find a configuration you're really happy with as it will improve your times.

Controls are so important in this game.

I can finally control the car after changing to my new control scheme.

I tried several different configurations which were "ok", but never perfect. Now I use square for throttle and L2 for brake and I got a top 20 on maplewood 1 with La Ferrari after only 3 laps. :D I had never been near the top 20 before in probably nearly 1000 attempts.

My tip is to find a configuration you're really happy with as it will improve your times.
Isn't using the square button odd? That's really curious, I mean with more throttle control available on the triggers, surely an on/off option is less flexible?

I suppose though, it's like you say, whatever makes you the most comfortable - I still can't get over some of the top leaderboard times being done in third-person view :)

Isn't using the square button odd? That's really curious, I mean with more throttle control available on the triggers, surely an on/off option is less flexible?

I suppose though, it's like you say, whatever makes you the most comfortable - I still can't get over some of the top leaderboard times being done in third-person view :)

Square button is pressure sensitive. I was surprised to discover how good control of the throttle I have with it. Even better than R2, that button is really awkward for me!...;)

Square button is pressure sensitive. I was surprised to discover how good control of the throttle I have with it. Even better than R2, that button is really awkward for me!...;)
It is? Well, that's my new thing learned for today 👍

Sadly, I've been relegated to using X and Square for accelerate and brake, as one of the triggers has broken on each of my DS4 controllers.

I have a PS1 controller nearly two decades old that still works perfectly. Come on, Sony. Get it together. I mean, I love the actual design of the DS4 (it's one of my favourite ever controllers) but the build quality is beyond appalling.

Back