Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
This was always brought out as a good 'Arcade' game and didn't want to tread on the toes of GT/PC and I have to agree with the others above-You soon get used to the easy handling on Drive Club which is nearly heading towards a sim not NFS/PGR arcade and it is 'Fun, Fresh and Exciting' !! and a very nice change to see dynamic weather, night storms and races, real engine sounds, new countries & tracks, new Fresh concept and rare cars, new interiors quick loading times and Evo listening and changing things as it Evolves. I have spent hundreds of hours on Forza1, 2(even before cockpit view and customising!),3, 4, (not so much on 5) FH1/2 and GT since playstation and going back to Forza now or GT even though sims they do seem quite slow and boring and sunny! Not everyone will like Drive Club so I understand what you are saying and some will prefer GT/Forza but those GT pros who weren't sure (most on here) who came late to Drive Club recently due to PC delay all seem to have positive good things to say about it and like the game/handling and fresh fast jump in approach to the game and will probably have it along side Forza/GT/PC where it fits in nicely and I can see the franchise getting bigger each year if I am honest. I think they have cornered the arcade market for the next few years with their back ground of dirt and rally, buggies and mountains It has many ways to go in the future:tup:

...they do seem quite slow and boring and sunny!
:) sad as I feel about it, that's another game I cannot really go back to presently. I love my GT games, felt really strongly about the beauty inherent, especially in 6 with that lighting engine; but unfortunately, I just can't drag myself away to play some.

I have enjoyed all of the Vision GT cars, but with the two that were released last week, it took me a couple of days to even bother putting GT6 on to claim them - I didn't take either one to Goodwood for a photo shoot either, which I have always done previously.

I've been enjoying DC a lot more than GT lately because of one crucial factor: fun. I just find it incredibly satisfying to take a Clio Renaultsport for a blast through the Scottish Highlands or pound an AMG GT through the forests of Canada.

It's just more fun than hyper-realism in a track-only based sim due to the variety of road courses, point-to-point sprints and track circuits. Not every racing game needs to be a super serious, gritty, hyper-realistic motorsports sim like pCARS. Sometimes it's just more fun to kick back with your favourite sports cars or hot hatches for a blast through some great scenery.

There's more to racing games than just sims.

Last edited:
Is it possible to have discussion about racing games these days without pCARS getting shoehorned in? I don't know how many times various people who enjoy DC have said that it's an arcade title and yet that's still interpreted as 'a waste of time'. :lol:

Is it possible to have discussion about racing games these days without pCARS getting shoehorned in? I don't know how many times various people who enjoy DC have said that it's an arcade title and yet that's still interpreted as 'a waste of time'. :lol:

Maybe it's because (this is just my theory, so correct me if I'm wrong) arcade-oriented racing games are becoming taboo in an increasingly sim-oriented market. I'd rather pick a well sorted arcade game than a serious sim any day.

Maybe it's because (this is just my theory, so correct me if I'm wrong) arcade-oriented racing games are becoming taboo in an increasingly sim-oriented market. I'd rather pick a well sorted arcade game than a serious sim any day.
Absolutely agree with this sentiment.

I've also been feeling the same, been struggling to pick up GT6 as of late. However I've lately found it easy to pick up GT3 and GT4, which is kinda weird. You know a game is good fun when you're sitting in lectures then the first thing you think of doing when you get home is having a play at it. Driveclub has been having that effect on me, especially with the Japan tracks and I haven't even bought the DLC yet.

It's true that one of the things that separates Driveclub from other racers these days is that IT IS FUN despite the fact that it is arcade orientated yet leans more to realism. Plus its beautiful looks and sounds to boot.

I said in my video review conclusion that Driveclub is a decent game but my gut tells me that for a person who likes racing, you should pick it up. My opinion is changing now with the recent developments and I have to say that it is a good game despite its dismal launch. Evo not only has listened but they have also delivered, fixed what was wrong and made things better, which gets respect from me. It's such a shame that employees there are being laid off, I just hope the future of the Driveclub franchise won't be harmed.

Sims are cool and all but this battle to be the greatest Sim/ Hyper Realistic Racer now is making some games lose their charm and their somewhat 'escape from realism' which games portray themselves to be.

Umm...sorry to change the subject, but there is another update file downloading as of right now...anyone heard anything about that?

...Not every racing game needs to be a super serious, gritty, hyper-realistic motorsports sim like pCARS. Sometimes it's just more fun to kick back with your favourite sports cars or hot hatches for a blast through some great scenery...
I tried telling one of the 'this-game-has-no-tuning-therefore-it's-rubbish' nuts that I don't always have the time or inclination to properly tune up cars in the sim-style games, so for me DC has been a fun godsend.

He of course, didn't understand...

Lol how can we even compare driveclub and pCARS yet it's not even out even from what we've seen now could be completely Shambles on release with all these delays I am going to pass on PCARS and keep playing Driveclub. I Like simulators but I'm not a hardcore racer so Driveclub fits me the most as it's an arcade type sim. Also online is a blast in driveclub.

Also online is a blast in driveclub.

Nah, I cant agree with that. I hate those totally random online crashfests with always the same 6-12 track/car class combinations. Give me custom lobbies and I may give it another shot, but until then, I m done with DC online.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really sad about the layoffs though. As catastrophic as the launch was, Evo deserved better for delivering afterwards, fixing issues with great support and really making the game something special nowadays. It is a pure, elegant arcade racer that hadnt been made like that for years - a nice throwback to the early NfS or to Test Drive series.

I'm also looking forward to project cars. But I don't think the gameplay will touch DriveClubs or the sense of speed, even though Project cars is claimed to be 60 fps.

Well I think it'll be very good and it's hard to compare the two as it's going to be the most epic motorsports game ever and the most in depth racer (oil pressure and radiator damage just among a few in depth details). Meanwhile this is extremely good as a mountain road stormer and capturing the insanity of driving at race speeds in performance cars on closed off public roads.

I drove the Vuhl, and KTM....holy mother of Stig that turbo chirp! :drool: Plus that Renault Twin Run concept is ridiculously quick! O-O

I'm also looking forward to project cars. But I don't think the gameplay will touch DriveClubs or the sense of speed, even though Project cars is claimed to be 60 fps.
Personally i think PCars will be on another level, While DC is great fun and very easy to pick up n play i kinda wish the physics had a little more depth to them.

Last memorable one I recall is:
Sega_Rally_Revo_(XB360_USA).PNG

Nah, I cant agree with that. I hate those totally random online crashfests with always the same 6-12 track/car class combinations. Give me custom lobbies and I may give it another shot, but until then, I m done with DC online.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really sad about the layoffs though. As catastrophic as the launch was, Evo deserved better for delivering afterwards, fixing issues with great support and really making the game something special nowadays. It is a pure, elegant arcade racer that hadnt been made like that for years - a nice throwback to the early NfS or to Test Drive series.

If is that so then why my PS4 is downloading all 7.16 GB again if it had already download the last week update?

Last edited:
Sorry to change topic but this is interesting:

PCars announced PS4 support for Fanatec wheels. So that means the CSR Wheelbase, CSR Elite and Porsche wheels too will work in PCars.

Driveclub will maybe get the same I hope? Maybe even the crem de la crem, Logitech Support?

I'd post a link but I'm on my phone now

My question is still unanswered.
It's the way the patches have always gone with DC - you download the latest, which includes the new.

It was said originally that only the new part downloads as your PS4 will detect that the earlier components have already been installed. Some folks don't believe that, stating it's still downloading, but to be truthful, it doesn't seem to take anything like the usual amount of time a 7+Gb patch would.

My question is still unanswered.

Every time a game gets updated on ps4 the update progress bar will show the size of all the patches applied + the size of the new update. The only way your ps4 is going to download all those Gb is if you delete the game.

Back