Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,386 comments
Download the DriveHub update tool:
https://cmupdate.azureedge.net/appdownload/cmupdatetool.exe (you can also find a Mac version if needed)
Then you can uncheck "use latest release", which then lets you pick a version. I usually use the latest stable release unless I need some specific issues fixed.
The latest stable release is 2.0.3.
Thanks for the help. If I connect it to tool it shows 2.0.3 so I got it to that version. The problem is still there. When I hold start and share button it just resets. No F or L letter. It stays in Logitech. I don't get it anymore. I'll make a YouTube video later on. Like this it's useless. I can't let go of the wheel. It goes wild.

Thanks for the help. If I connect it to tool it shows 2.0.3 so I got it to that version. The problem is still there. When I hold start and share button it just resets. No F or L letter. It stays in Logitech. I don't get it anymore. I'll make a YouTube video later on. Like this it's useless. I can't let go of the wheel. It goes wild.
Which steering wheel rim are you using with your CSW2.5? Changing the modes is different with some wheels I think.
On the BMW GT2 wheel it shows F or L on the steering wheel display.

Also what may cause the wheel to move from left to right, is DRI setting. Try it on -5.

Which steering wheel rim are you using with your CSW2.5? Changing the modes is different with some wheels I think.
On the BMW GT2 wheel it shows F or L on the steering wheel display.

Also what may cause the wheel to move from left to right, is DRI setting. Try it on -5.
Ill try that tonight thanks. Im using the porsche 918 RSR wheel. On the wheel i see an "n" all the time. on drivehub i could see F and L first. Then i upgraded the firmwere. Now it only resets. Shows what wheel i am using. No more L or F letter First..

Ill try that tonight thanks. Im using the porsche 918 RSR wheel. On the wheel i see an "n" all the time. on drivehub i could see F and L first. Then i upgraded the firmwere. Now it only resets. Shows what wheel i am using. No more L or F letter First..
From drivehubnow.com FAQ:

Back and Start on the Fanatec Porsche wheels are both on the same rocker switch and can’t be pressed at the same time to switch Drive Hub Modes!
Update to the latest firmware. You can now use Start + D-Pad Left to switch emulation modes.

Back and Start on the Fanatec Porsche wheels are both on the same rocker switch and can’t be pressed at the same time to switch Drive Hub Modes!
Update to the latest firmware. You can now use Start + D-Pad Left to switch emulation modes.
Oh wow thanks. I was thinking the same. After the update something changed. i don't have a d-pad on my wheel but i think they mean just push left.

Left and start didn't work. There is no D pad on a porsche wheel i mind you. However i played around yesterday and now GT sport is showing speed and gears on my wheel dislay. It feels decent and i think it must be in Fanatec mode already. I leave it as it is. Thanks for the help. It's just weird that i cant switch in modes after update. Before it i could do it by holding share and start together.

Left and start didn't work. There is no D pad on a porsche wheel i mind you. However i played around yesterday and now GT sport is showing speed and gears on my wheel dislay. It feels decent and i think it must be in Fanatec mode already. I leave it as it is. Thanks for the help. It's just weird that i cant switch in modes after update. Before it i could do it by holding share and start together.

If it's showing speed and gears, it's in Fanatec mode.

@Podger Hello, does the drive hub/co-pilot support G29 pedals with a Ricmotech LC27 loadcell brake mod, if not is there a possibility that this can be supported in a future firmware update?

'
@Podger Hello, does the drive hub/co-pilot support G29 pedals with a Ricmotech LC27 loadcell brake mod, if not is there a possibility that this can be supported in a future firmware update?
I genuinely don’t know.... does the mod leave the pedals compatible with g29 ?

'

I genuinely don’t know.... does the mod leave the pedals compatible with g29 ?
Yip the pedals work like normal through the wheelbase connected directly to the PS4 and also with the wheelbase connected through the drivehub to the PS4 , I’d like to be able to connect the pedals through the copilot to get around the curve at the end of the brake input when the pedals are connected through the wheelbase.

Update - I received my V3 pedals (with brake performance kit) as well as the drivehub about a week ago. I downloaded all driver beta updates and first hooked the T-GT up through the "wheel" port on the drivehub and the pedals in the "accessory" port. The wheel and pedals worked but the FFB was really weak and odd feeling. I then tried hooking the T-GT up through the first port (controller) and left the pedals in the accessory port and it then worked great! I couldn't be happier.

I was able to lower the plate on playseat since I could adjust the angle of the V3's and used a 4x4 block to keep the rig from "flexing". So far it is working really well.
View attachment 792326

Do you put it in gt mode also or others ?

thx for answer

Hi everybody. I'm new here. I've been using the drivehub with an old PS3 and I have it working pretty well. Borrowed my brothers PS4 Pro while he's out of town. I bought and loaded up GT Sport. I can't get good braking response. Seems like no matter how hard I mash the pedal I cannot get past 50% pressure. Not even up to it really. Everything else seems good. Is there any fix for this?

I have a TM T300 RS wheel and Fanatec CS V3 pedals hooked up to a drive hub. I have a PS4 controller hooked into the drivehub as well. (I don't do that when using my PS3).

Sorry for posting this if it's been posted already...

Hi everybody. I'm new here. I've been using the drivehub with an old PS3 and I have it working pretty well. Borrowed my brothers PS4 Pro while he's out of town. I bought and loaded up GT Sport. I can't get good braking response. Seems like no matter how hard I mash the pedal I cannot get past 50% pressure. Not even up to it really. Everything else seems good. Is there any fix for this?

I have a TM T300 RS wheel and Fanatec CS V3 pedals hooked up to a drive hub. I have a PS4 controller hooked into the drivehub as well. (I don't do that when using my PS3).

Sorry for posting this if it's been posted already...
The Fanatec Pedals have to be configured on a Pc with the Fanatec dedicated driver... (Connect the Pdeals directly to the Computer)

The Fanatec Pedals have to be configured on a Pc with the Fanatec dedicated driver... (Connect the Pdeals directly to the Computer)

Yeah I'm familiar. Used them originally with a PC before the HD fried. So just calibrate them manually to where they need to be for the PS4 and I should be good?

So it sounds like the Drivehub and Co-pilot are still working with PS3? The beginning page of this thread states this is so and Alwaysevolv was still using it for this purpose as recently as December. I can't find anything at the official creative minds/Drivehub website stating anything about PS3 compatibility. Which seems a strange omission, and made me worry it had been dropped with a new firmware update or something.

I want to play GT5P, GT5, GT6 and hopefully F1 2012 on my PS3. I'm using a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 wheel with G27 pedals (no drivehub needed for this) but I'd like to add the G27 H-shifter (where Drivehub and Co-Pilot com in). I'm also considering Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals and Fanatec does not seem to guarantee they will work when plugged into my old Porsche wheel - so if they aren't compatible, Drivehub could come to the rescue.

So it sounds like the Drivehub and Co-pilot are still working with PS3?

In the version 2.0.0 changelog is states: "Added – PS3/PC mode, using a DS3 in port 1, drivehub emulates a t500 for TM wheels and G27 for others. For use on PS3 and PC games that dont support newer wheels." I've not heard about the feature being removed, so I can only presume that it's still a working. @Podger could confirm...

Hey guys,

I have a new issue with Dirt Rally 1.0 on PS4. It doesnt seem to want to recognize my fanatec shifter or handbrake in the system settings to use. I dont have the problem with any other game. I am on the most recent beta. I tried reverting back to past firmwares to see if an older one worked, but I couldnt get both the shifter and the handbrake to work. Unless I had the shifter in sequential not in H pattern. I am running a TX-SW with the normal pedals.

Any advice to help with my handbrake shifter problem in dirt rally 1. I am trying to get back info using my vr headset but its a bummer to not have the handbrake in the rally car.

Hi all

Just got DH with latest firmware in Race mode. I connected a ts pc racer and csl elite pedals. The wheel and pedals are recognised ok and work. But no matter the ffb setting its just sluggish and never wants to countersteer at all. Before getting DH i played gt sport with a t300 and a set of g29 pedals connected to the t300 with an adapter. It worked great and i really loved the ffb 3 torque and 10 sensitivity. But with DH the ts pc racer is muddy and never wants to return back to center, counterstering a slide is impossible, when with the t300 the game was a joy to drive and made me want to drive more and more. I tried different ffb settings in gt sport but they dont seem to do anything.

Any advice is greatly appreciated cause right now i regret getting DH. I should have kept the t300 with the g29 pedals.

EDIT: it was on PLAY mode and not RACE mode, so scratch thew above and call me stupid. Just did a quick test again and the wheel worked as intended. Will test some more and report back.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have a new issue with Dirt Rally 1.0 on PS4. It doesnt seem to want to recognize my fanatec shifter or handbrake in the system settings to use. I dont have the problem with any other game. I am on the most recent beta. I tried reverting back to past firmwares to see if an older one worked, but I couldnt get both the shifter and the handbrake to work. Unless I had the shifter in sequential not in H pattern. I am running a TX-SW with the normal pedals.

Any advice to help with my handbrake shifter problem in dirt rally 1. I am trying to get back info using my vr headset but its a bummer to not have the handbrake in the rally car.

Still struggling with the same issue. Anyone got any advice or a fix so I can run Dirt Rally 1.0 in VR again.

I'm using the DH in combination with my G27 (w/ Shifter connected but not in use)
and a regular DS4-pad attached to the DH.
Since a couple of weeks (I don't use it daily) I've noticed that the following issue occured
from time to time:
When I make a fast turn with the wheel (e.g. driving through the corkscrew at Laguna Seca or if you countersteer immediatly)
the connection to the PS4 is lost and I have to reboot everything.
I've then updated the DH to the newest Firmware (which is a beta Version) but the problem still exists.

Is this a known Problem ? (couldn't find any hints)
Is there a firmware which does not have this problem ?

any help is greatly appreciated :cheers:

With my ts pc racer and csl elite pedals i got a random disconnect when on fw 2.3. I then updated DH on 2.4 and got the same disconnect today. I had to reboot the ps4 and disconnect reconnect the wheel to get it working again.

Is it maybe a usb cable issue?

thanks in advance

Latest Posts

Back