Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,366 comments
All settings are persistent and are written to the eeprom... the dot indicates the authentication packets on ps4
Ah, I see. Sorry, been bombarding you with questions but have one more!

I was using the wheel on my Xbox tonight and noticed that the Drivehub displays CSLE - I would have thought it would just pass it through as a CSW2.5? Have I got something set incorrectly?

Set-up is
CSW2.5 with XBOX universal Hub into the Controller Port (wheel is in XBOX Mode)
Drivehub direct into Xbox One S
CSS SQ1.5 into Accessory port

Cheers

@Podger What is the play mode for, any chance it might be for using a keyboard and mouse for FPS games?

Back in 2017, I asked Collective Minds about Play Mode for my Drive Hub review, & here's the reply I got from the head honcho:

"As for Play Mode...quite simply it’s unrelated to Steering Wheel functionality [or] compatibility, it’s a feature we are implementing in the near future. It was necessary to cover in the manual as it is built into the very fibre of the product...Play Mode will unlock additional functionality for other devices once it is ready."

However, it's been well over two years now & no Play Mode reveal. Maybe @Podger could let us all know what it is, even though it remains unfinished?

Okay, got the Drive Hub and the PS4 today. Downloaded the F1 2019 game on PSN on a free trial basis. Plugged everything in, but when I went to game settings, it did not recognize my G25 as the G29. The Drive Hub recognized the G25, but not the game. What are my next steps to get the G25 recognized as the G29 in the game? Thanks in advance.

Okay, got the Drive Hub and the PS4 today. Downloaded the F1 2019 game on PSN on a free trial basis. Plugged everything in, but when I went to game settings, it did not recognize my G25 as the G29. The Drive Hub recognized the G25, but not the game. What are my next steps to get the G25 recognized as the G29 in the game? Thanks in advance.

Have you got connections as follows?
- Dualshock connected to the Drivehub Controller port
- Wheel connected to the Drivehub Wheel/Controller port

Does the PS4 recognise the wheel and let you control the menu system but it just isn't working in the game?

Make sure you're using the official PS4 USB cable to connect the DS4 to the Drive Hub, many problems occur when people use 3rd party cables. Also, try updating to the Drive Hub to the latest firmware.

Thanks guys, I'm up and running. Although I just received the Drive Hub yesterday, I had to update and flash the latest firmware. Upon doing so, and reconnecting, all of the games recognized my G25 as the G29. Thanks for the assistance.

Got my DriveHub this week and trying to use it. Plugged in as described and everything works EXCEPT the steering. Using a G27 to try and play Gran Turismo sport. Updated the firmware to the latest version, went from 2.3 to 2.5beta. All the buttons, gas, and brake on the logictech are working, just no steering input.

Any suggestions? Do I need to manually set the button mapping, or controller type in Gran Turismo Sport? I see G29 as an option, but don't know if I how to set it to g29.

The power light on the g27 is dim if that indicates anything.

NVM - Realized I'm missing my power supply.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Do you think that Drive Hub and Logitech Driving Force GT will be compatible with F1 2020 on PS4?

I have recently come across with this device (which looks amazing) but I'm afraid it might have lost compatibility in the future.

Thank you in advance.

Hi guys,

Do you think that Drive Hub and Logitech Driving Force GT will be compatible with F1 2020 on PS4?

I have recently come across with this device (which looks amazing) but I'm afraid it might have lost compatibility in the future.

Thank you in advance.

The DFGT is listed as compatible with drivehub:
https://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

Whether F1 2020 supports it no one can guarantee but I think it would be unlikely they’d remove wheel support.

maybe take a look at codemasters site and see if they’ve indicated anything about peripheral/wheel support.

Anyone had success with one of these handbrakes working with drive hub on ps4?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/143554058558

I got one of those on Amazon recently and is worked OK. However, although they mechanically look the same, I've seen at least another 2 that look the same but with different circuit boards, so I cant guarantee they will work out of the box.

i bought this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W6TSNB9/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

someone else bought this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K8HNYSQ/?tag=gtplanet-20

I got one of those on Amazon recently and is worked OK. However, although they mechanically look the same, I've seen at least another 2 that look the same but with different circuit boards, so I cant guarantee they will work out of the box.

i bought this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W6TSNB9/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

someone else bought this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K8HNYSQ/?tag=gtplanet-20

Basically hit & miss then I guess..

But yours definitely works on the ps4 connected to drive hub?

Getting Issues where the drivehub with Co pilot and my g25 pedals won't give me full pedal range when connected to my tv, connect too my pc monitor with hdmi adapter and hey ho never any pedal issues. why would changing display make the hub work differently?

Hi guys, just found this thread, so I apologize if this has been already answered earlier...
I have a Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel that used playing GT5/GT6 with. If I buy this drive Hub, will I be able to use my DFGT with PS4 as of today (to play GT Sport e.g.)? Do I need to get anything else in order for it to work?

Thanks.

Hi guys, just found this thread, so I apologize if this has been already answered earlier...
I have a Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel that used playing GT5/GT6 with. If I buy this drive Hub, will I be able to use my DFGT with PS4 as of today (to play GT Sport e.g.)? Do I need to get anything else in order for it to work?

Thanks.

Yes , if it is the driving force gt pedals you are also using. If using seperate pedals you might need the co-pilot from the same dudes, depends on pedals I think

Hi again,

So I got my drive hub today as well as my Thrustmaster load cells, I’ve updated the firmware and have no problems with the wheelbase but it doesn’t seem to recognise input from the pedals, am I doing something stupid?

cheers

Last edited:
Hi again,

So I got my drive hub today as well as my Thrustmaster load cells, I’ve updated the firmware and have no problems with the wheelbase but it doesn’t seem to recognise input from the pedals, am I doing something stupid?

cheers
When you are updating, make sure you use the slider to expose the beta f/w... you probably just updated to the latest full release which is a few weeks older...

When you are updating, make sure you use the slider to expose the beta f/w... you probably just updated to the latest full release which is a few weeks older...

I made sure I updated to the BETA but after resetting my Xbox ect it seems to be fine now, many thanks once again!!!

this is the correct arrangement. I will investigate why the shifter isn't showing.

I updated to the latest firmware from the windows downloader, and that fixed my problem. For whatever reason, this wasn’t working for me from the Mac firmware. Grabbed a mate’s PC and tried the firmware and voila! Ready to roll!

Anyway, that’s great. Thanks again.

Hi everyone ;-)

I've just been replaced my old T300 by the TS-PC Racer Ferrari... Since I play on PS4, I now use the Drivehub device to make my wheel compatible.

My question is :
Compared to the native FBB I would get if I were on PC, is the one rendered by the wheel using Drivehub really the same on the PS4 ?

I didn't have the opportunity to test the TS-PC Racer on PC... I don't know what should be the native feeling of the FBB.

When I play Dirt rally 2.0, F12019, I still feel like I'm playing with my T300RS. Is my new wheel just emulating the T300 ?

I've tried the latest 2.0.5-beta firmware and the 2.0.4. Same issue... 2.0.5- seems little bit better but the wheel has bad reacts sometimes...So I sticked with the 2.0.4. Is there a better older update to use in my case ?

Thanks !

Hi everyone ;-)

I've just been replaced my old T300 by the TS-PC Racer Ferrari... Since I play on PS4, I now use the Drivehub device to make my wheel compatible.

My question is :
Compared to the native FBB I would get if I were on PC, is the one rendered by the wheel using Drivehub really the same on the PS4 ?

I didn't have the opportunity to test the TS-PC Racer on PC... I don't know what should be the native feeling of the FBB.

When I play Dirt rally 2.0, F12019, I still feel like I'm playing with my T300RS. Is my new wheel just emulating the T300 ?

I've tried the latest 2.0.5-beta firmware and the 2.0.4. Same issue... 2.0.5- seems little bit better but the wheel has bad reacts sometimes...So I sticked with the 2.0.4. Is there a better older update to use in my case ?

Thanks !

I’m in a similar boat. Using a ts-xw on both Xbox and PS4. I’m sure everything feels a lot weaker on PlayStation where it’s being emulated as a t300. I assume the signals sent to the wheel from the PlayStation are weaker because it thinks it’s connected to a weaker wheel.
It is what it is though. Far better than paying for (and having space for) 2 wheels lol.

@Podger - I've hit a strange problem with Assetto Corsa on PS4 when using Drivehub. It was working fine when I got my CSW2.5 a couple of weeks ago and can't figure out what has changed.

If I start the game with just a Dual Shock controller connected wirelessly the game launches fine.
If I start the game with CSW2.5 connected to Drivehub in Wheel/Contoller Port and DS4 connected to Controller port, the game crashes on the splash screen with error CE-34878-0
I can immediately disconnect the wheel/controller and restart the game with just the DS4 as normal.

This error code is pretty generic from what I can see so I've tried the following:

1) Deleted and re-downloaded the game
2) Deleted the save game
3) Rebuilt PS4 database
4) Went back to DH firmware v2.04

All with no luck. It seems like there is something about either having a wheel or the Drivehub connected that causing the problem but can't figure out what has changed from when it was working a week ago.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Edit:
OK this is really odd!
I've done a complete reinstall of the PS4 Pro and redownloaded AC.
Same problem when I try to launch the game with the Wheel/Drivehub connected.

Wondered if it is USB port related so tested the other front and the rear port but same problem.

Updated the DH back to 2.05 b1 and have found the following:
In Logitech mode - the game crashes at startup
In Fanatec mode - the game launches but is unresponsive to button presses once the intro movie is finished. Cant get past the title screen. If I press the PS button on the wheel it works fine and X/Circle, d-pad are working fine on the Home menu.

Any thoughts?

cheers

Last edited:
I just started using the drive hub with a Fanatec GT2 on GT Sport. Everything works great until the wheel suddenly loses connection to the drive hub. The wheel is still on, but the green light next to the wheel port on drive hub turns off, and my pedals, wheel, and controller stop working. Then I can reset everything and it works. Sometimes I can only do a couple laps, and sometimes it will work fine for hours.

I hope this is a problem with one of the usb cables, but has anyone heard of this problem before? Drive hub is updated to latest version.

I just started using the drive hub with a Fanatec GT2 on GT Sport. Everything works great until the wheel suddenly loses connection to the drive hub. The wheel is still on, but the green light next to the wheel port on drive hub turns off, and my pedals, wheel, and controller stop working. Then I can reset everything and it works. Sometimes I can only do a couple laps, and sometimes it will work fine for hours.

I hope this is a problem with one of the usb cables, but has anyone heard of this problem before? Drive hub is updated to latest version.
Usually it is a problem with your controler cable (it loses the "handshake")

Or maybe your controller, that's connected to the Drivehub, turns off?

Back