Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,386 comments
How does the CSW 2.5 works on GT Sport?
As well as can be expected using the Logitech emulation. Still waiting for Fanatec to be compatible with GTS to use the Fanlogic mode.

Assetto Corsa PS4 however works very well in Fanlogic mode emulating a Fanatec CSL PS4.

Edit: Went back to test it again in Fanatec mode and the wheel buttons don't work with drivehub. Flicked back to Fanlogic and all the buttons work.

Last edited:
As well as can be expected using the Logitech emulation. Still waiting for Fanatec to be compatible with GTS to use the Fanlogic mode.

Assetto Corsa PS4 however works very well in Fanlogic mode emulating a Fanatec CSL PS4.

Ok but it works better then the CSL that is emulating on Assetto Corsa?

I want to avoid customs and taxes, price when ordering from CollectiveMinds would be around 150US$

I think I ended up paying £120 in the end all in to get one to me. Shame Customs cost is so high. £30 in total.

I think I ended up paying £120 in the end all in to get one to me. Shame Customs cost is so high. £30 in total.

If you order from Collective Minds at £89.99, they ship free to the UK. There's also a 10% off code in this threads OP, so UK customers can get Drive Hub for £80.99.

VBR
If you order from Collective Minds at £89.99, they ship free to the UK. There's also a 10% off code in this threads OP, so UK customers can get Drive Hub for £80.99.

Double checked my statement and it was £90.08 and that was with 10% off and the additional USB cable. You would still have to pay £30 customs. You're correct though, it would have been cheaper to buy from where you said but not by much.

Just wanted to get a back order in so went straight to the source. Think I ordered mid November and it came last week!

Just wanted to get a back order in so went straight to the source. Think I ordered mid November and it came last week!
I ordered from collectiveminds.ca on the 5th Nov and received it on the 20th Nov. Why did yours take so long to deliver?

You would still have to pay £30 customs.

No, not if you buy from Collective Minds as they have stock in the UK & ship from their UK warehouse. Sounds like you made the mistake of ordering from CronusMax who are based in the US & only have US stock. They have a huge backlog of orders as well, which is probably why you had to wait so long for it.

VBR
No, not if you buy from Collective Minds as they have stock in the UK & ship from their UK warehouse. Sounds like you made the mistake of ordering from CronusMax who are based in the US & only have US stock. They have a huge backlog of orders as well, which is probably why you had to wait so long for it.
It's not mentioned anywhere on the website that they ship from UK and US - didn't matter to me as I'm in Australia but it would help European and US customers.

I ordered a drive hub recently from CronusMax. Took several days to get it but it did get here and after figuring out how to set it up properly it is working well with Forza 7 and the XBox 1 using the Fanatec CSR Elite wheel with Club Sport Pedals. Have tried it in both Fanalogic mode and Fanatec mode, can't really tell much if any difference between the two but it does seem to work just fine. I also play Forza 7 on the PC with the wheel connected directly and the only real difference I have noticed is that on the XB1 through the drive hub I get some rim vibration when the tires are under heavy load which I do not get on the PC setup.

It's not mentioned anywhere on the [Collective Minds] website that they ship from UK...

Sad but true. That's why I made a point of mentioning it in the OP, & in my review (see point 10).

Last edited:
VBR

We are no longer backlogged and all shipments are up to date - we were closed during the holidays and had to process a lot of orders that folks made while we were closed. We even offer cheaper international shipping from $14.99 now - and ship to every country. As always pay attention to your local tax and customs laws. For example if you are buying from Germany you will be expected to pay 19% VAT plus a processing fee.

The GTPLANET10 10% off coupon still applies.

https://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

Hope this helps :)

VBR

Ah well! Live and learn! Thanks for the clarification anyway! :)

Have you got a link to the correct listing on their website? I always struggled to find the correct one and if it's the one ending in .ca I just assumed that I would get stung either way so just went with Cronusmax direct.

Last edited:
I ordered from collectiveminds.ca on the 5th Nov and received it on the 20th Nov. Why did yours take so long to deliver?

I ordered from CronusMax on the 8th of November at a cost of £86.70 inc shipping which was £22.68 and the additional cable. Think it got sent just before Christmas so there was delays there and arrive in the UK in the new year where it stayed at Customs for a week. I wrongly assumed that the .ca collectiveminds would also be stung by customs so just went with Cronusmax.

Then Parcel Force wanted £30 for customs and handling fees.

Ok but it works better then the CSL that is emulating on Assetto Corsa?

Just wanted to help with this. "FANALOGIC" mode is where the Drivehub emulates a Logitech G29 wheel, so games that don't have "native" Fanatec wheel support will work. Right now that's the only way the CSL or any other Fanatec wheel works with GT-Sport. It works ok...In games that have "native" Fanatec support I would highly recommend you don't use "FANALOGIC" mode. There is a difference. I've tested it with F-1 2017 and Assetto Corsa. =) Native support is better because in my testing the wheel behaves smoother for one. It's less jolty. That's the best way I can describe it.

I could not quite put my finger on the difference between the two modes playing Forza 7 on the XB1 but I did think that the native Fanatec mode felt better, smoother, more like it does when playing the PC version of the game with the wheel directly connected.

I might get that thing. I love the way my G27 is set up.

Has anyone tried using the wheel buttons with this thing? Can I do this?

XMvjClW.jpg

The G29 wheel is so cluttered. And there are no clear thumb buttons like on the G27.

G29-Box-1024x768.jpg

Ah well! Live and learn! Thanks for the clarification anyway! :)

Have you got a link to the correct listing on their website? I always struggled to find the correct one and if it's the one ending in .ca I just assumed that I would get stung either way so just went with Cronusmax direct.

The links are in the OP under "How & Where To Buy", but here it is again (link). Yeah, the .ca one sounds like it's in Canada, but they have stock in the UK, US, & Canada.

👍

VBR
Thanks mate! With the great product support & updates that Drive Hub is getting from Collective Minds, I feel obligated to keep this thread updated too. Keeps me busy!

:D
And a thanks from me too. Without this thread, I would not have known about wider choices and getting the wheel I really wanted - I now have driving games on xbox one, ps4 and pc using the same wheel. Cheers 👍

Hello,
I own a Fanatec CSW v1 with Fanatec handbrake. It is connected go the PS4 with tue Drive Hub (handbrake in accessory port).
How can I set the handbrake funktion to the handbrake?
Best regards
Marcus

Hello,
I own a Fanatec CSW v1 with Fanatec handbrake. It is connected go the PS4 with tue Drive Hub (handbrake in accessory port).
How can I set the handbrake funktion to the handbrake?
Best regards
Marcus
You just go to input settings in the game and pull the handbrake to assign it. Depending on the game it could either assign it as handbrake or assign it to x. I know dirt rally and assetto corsa assign it to X and you have to put the wheel in fanalogic mode to use those 2 games. Most other games need the wheel in the native fanatec mode. To switch the mode you need to hold the options button and the share button down at the same time for a few seconds. You should see FFF flash on the wheel for the fanatec mode and LLL for the fanalogic mode. If it doesn't change after you hold them down just unplug the drive hub and plug it back in and you should see it change. Hope this helps.

@Rigle: thank you for the quick reply. Unfortuanally I don't know whats the options and share button in M3 GTS wheel :-(
And I don't see where I can assign the button for handbrake in GT Sport (I only find where to assign functions to the buttons on G29 wheel as what the fanatec is recognized).
Can you help?
Best regards
Marcus

I don't have that wheel or game but there should be an input for handbrake. If it's recognized as the G29 wheel then you would assign X to the handbrake.

Just push the buttons on the wheel until you find the one that takes a screen shot. That's the share button. And then in the main Ps4 menu push them all til you find the options button.

Once you find those 2 hold them both down and the wheel should change to FFF mode. If it doesnt just reset the drive hub like I said in the first post. Then restart the game and see if it is recognized as the CSL Elite. That's what all fanatec wheels will come up as in ps4 games using drive hub.

I ordered a drive hub 3 days ago from cronusmax. I have been charged but no email with a shipping number. Have tried calling the supprt line 3 times with no answer. During the advertised business hours.

Back