Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,474 comments
I have a CSL DD + McLaren GT3 v2 and CSL Elite V2 pedals. I use the drivehub to play GT7 on PlayStation 4.
I have a hori controller aswell.
It works brilliantly the FFB is great.
Just make sure you connect everything correctly have the correct modes selected and turn it on in the correct order.

Switch on the CSL DD base first then the PS4/PS5 this ensures the wheelbase is detected as the GT DD Pro. You will have to go into the settings on GT7 and calibrate your pedals but you only have to do this once.

All this stuff is in the manual that you can download from the drivehub website.

i think the drivehub is a great product definitely worth it if you want to use your CSL DD on ps4/ps5
I’m actually getting better stronger feedback if I switch on csl dd after the ps5 like mentioned in the previous comments. I’m loving it though

@kartman21 I ask to you because you are in touch with DriveHub devs and I tried in the past to contact DriveHub via support e-mail a no one replied to me.
Do you know if in the future it will be possible that the G29 will be recognized as G923 with DriveHub and it could be possible to use the additional buttons on Xbox?

General: any news about new firmware version?

@kartman21 I ask to you because you are in touch with DriveHub devs and I tried in the past to contact DriveHub via support e-mail a no one replied to me.
Do you know if in the future it will be possible that the G29 will be recognized as G923 with DriveHub and it could be possible to use the additional buttons on Xbox?

I'm only a user :-) I don't have any information on the G29 compatibility or the future of the device, sorry
I just wish we could at least have a changelog

I'm only a user :-) I don't have any information on the G29 compatibility or the future of the device, sorry
I just wish we could at least have a changelog
I'm sorry. I know that you are only a user, but you are the only man in the planet in contact with the team 😄

I'm sorry. I know that you are only a user, but you are the only man in the planet in contact with the team 😄

I don’t think making G29 look like G923 rather than G920 will achieve what you think it will.
I believe that Logitech have an extended API for truefoce and the extra buttons and rpm leds. I think it’s up to the game developers to use it. So if a game say like Grid 2019 supports the leds and buttons it also does trueforce, so if you were on a G29 emulating a G923 we would have no way to translate the TF into plain old FFB. You’d get your buttons, your rpm leds but no FFB, or at least a very poor approximation of it.

I have a spare drivehub I'm lending a friend, I went to check for updates and I'm getting no device found message even though I'm plugged in and blinking.

hey guys, i bought the drivehub to play gt7 on ps5. I have a csl dd. When i try to switch into fanatec mode, with start and share, the whole thing freeze and even the hori mini is not working and i have to unplug the drivehub console port and replug in to make it work again but it does not recognize my setup as a gt dd pro and always as a g29, can someone help me ?

Last edited:
hey guys, i bought the drivehub to play gt7 on ps5. I have a csl dd. When i try to switch into fanatec mode, with start and share, the whole thing freeze and even the hori mini is not working and i have to unplug the drivehub console port and replug in to make it work again but it does not recognize my setup as a gt dd pro and always as a g29, can someone help me ?

Are you in pc mode or pc comp mode? I run it in pc mode (red light)

Base on, then ps5. Should say gt dd pro on drivehub.

Are you in pc mode or pc comp mode? I run it in pc mode (red light)

Base on, then ps5. Should say gt dd pro on drivehub.
i'm on pc mode, when i switch between the 2 mods with the base button, the drivehub is completely freezing i have to disconnect the console port and put it back and even when it was on pc mode it still considers the wheel as a g29.

i'm on pc mode, when i switch between the 2 mods with the base button, the drivehub is completely freezing i have to disconnect the console port and put it back and even when it was on pc mode it still considers the wheel as a g29.
i found the problem, if you have a fanatec p1 v2 wheel like me you have to hold the button « 4 and 3 » together not the « 4 and + » Even if its write on the manuel x)

This has been driving me crazy so I actually spent like 3 hours today testing and I think I've got it figured out. For reference this is gt7 on a csw 2.5, xbox hub, ps5, drivehub on beta 12. I'm not sure if this works with any other combination. This is a wall of text but if you use a CSW and drivehub I promise it's worth a read, especially if you're having FFB issues post update.

So, basically, you have the option for the game to see your wheel as either a GT DD Pro or as a CSL Elite. This matters, because the game handles FFB very differently depending on which wheel it sees the csw as. If any of y'all with a CSW and drivehub end up trying this, please let me know what your experience is. But make sure to follow the directions closely when it comes to unplugging and turning stuff on, there is a pretty specific sequence and skipping or doing anything out of order can stop the "mode switch" from happening.

For GT DD Pro "mode", start with ps5 in rest mode, drivehub unplugged from ps5, wheelbase off. Plug in the drivehub, then turn on the wheelbase and let it calibrate itself and wait for the numbers to flash on the screen. Then turn on the ps5 using the button on the front of the console. Now if you go into gt7 and go into a race or event or whatever, then into controller settings -> button configuration. You should see this:View attachment 1154530

Now, this is where it gets interesting. In this mode prior to update 1.15, the FFB would be very strong. Now, it suffers from the same "issue" that the actual GT DD Pro does since the update. FFB will be very weak, but at max torque 10/sensitivity 1, and then FF 100 and FOR 120 on the wheel settings I find it totally fine and actually really enjoyable. Noticeably more detail than pre-update.

For CSL Elite "mode", we will start the same way (this is necessary to switch between "modes"). Console in rest mode, wheelbase off, drivehub unplugged from console. Now, plug in drivehub, then turn on the console using the button on the front. Wait for the console to get to the screen where you click on your profile picture, then turn on the wheelbase. Let it do its calibration, then use the buttons on the wheelbase to select your profile and go into GT7. Now, if you go into a race and go to controller settings -> button configuration, you should now see this screen:View attachment 1154531

Prior to update 1.15, doing this would result in the wheel having what seems to me to be roughly 30-40% less FFB strength than the other mode, even with all the same settings on the wheel and in game. Now, post-update, this mode feels exactly the same as it did before the update, and therefore has much stronger FFB strength than in GT DD Pro mode. It's not as much as GT DD Pro mode pre-update, but for those who currently find their wheel lacking FFB strength, you should be much happier in this CSL Elite mode (but make sure to turn FOR back down to 100 and max torque to lower than 10 in this mode!)

I'm still not sure what exactly it is that makes this occur, or even if this was done on purpose or accidentally by the drivehub developers, but it's very useful. It functions essentially identically to the compatibility mode on the DD fanatec wheelbases, which almost makes me think this is a purposeful feature, but it could just be a coincidence. It is perfectly replicable for me now, the error I was making that I had mentioned before in a previous post was not turning off/rest mode the console and unplugging the drivehub before trying to switch modes.
You sir, are a legend and a saint. I bougt a used rig with csw 2.5 and it worked right away with drivehub following the instructions. It was recognized as GT DD Pro, so I thought ok, maybe its because all the posts saying its recognized as CSL Elite are older than my drivehub firmware which I also only got last week and updated before I even got a wheel.

Fast forwad to yesterday, after a week of wheel practice (never owned a wheel before), so I decided to compare my lap time vs my conteoller times. I was 2 secs off at least, which I thought ok, I need more practice. But I noticed that on a controller my car is just more responsive, turns faster. Now if anything it should be the other way arround, that I was certain. So I go into cockpit view and I see that the in game wheel is not turning as much as my irl wheel. Spent an hour fiddling with the sens setting on wheelbase, and found that auto doesnt work. When I put it on 540 then it matches right. So gave it another spin, was better but something just felt off. I thought either Im super untallented on a wheel or something's not right. Now I had my suspicions about it being recognized as DD wheel, but I thought its just maybe some ffb detail is wrong. Now again, never owned a wheel on any game before, so dont judge me, I literally dont know how ffb should feel.

So I turn some tv show in the background and start browsing drivehub on my mobile. This went on for 3 hours straight. I found this thread and literally read every post from the first page until I found your post. Dont know why, but only on second try it worked, my wheel got recognized as csl elite.

So I go into game, switch sens back to auto and the wheel movement in game matches my movement. I do a few laps, fiddle with some settings (ffb felt lighter but more detailed), crashed a few times. But it just felt right now, my car was just responding to me and actually wanted to turn. Some corners I was instantly quicker on. After settling on the settings I liked, did a few laps and BOOM - almost a full second quicker on my week long pb, which I tried hard for. Hell, almost matched my controller time (which I only spent 15 mins on, but still). And more importantly, it was just easier to drive and repeat that lap. I even did 3 full laps pushing and not crashing and even caught a few slides. This was just impossible for me before.

TLDR - this guy is a bloody legend, so thankfull you posted this here, I literally just created a new accunt to say thank you. And for anyone using CSW wheelbase, trust me you want it recognized as CSL Elite. If its GT DD Pro, take a few minutes and read this guys instructions.

Has anyone had any experience of using a Thrustmaster T818 with the Drivehub on a PS5 yet? GT7 specifically.

I’m tempted to purchase the T818 but would like someone who has tried it to confirm how good the FFB is?

Well I’ve tried it when we tested the driver for it. DH will look like a tgt2 in other mode or simply a t300.
It seemed fine to me. I don’t race much and don’t really know or feel the fine detail that some of you sim racers might.

Last edited:
Hi I’m using a clubsport DD with the drive hub and it works great but since it’s recognizing the wheel as a gt dd pro I have no ffb in ACC is there a fix to this gt7 works great but not ACC everything works just no ffb

are you running on PS5 or PS4? also which version ACC? PS5 version recognizes DD Pro and works fine, but I’m not sure if the PS4 version does, even if running it on PS5.

are you running on PS5 or PS4? also which version ACC? PS5 version recognizes DD Pro and works fine, but I’m not sure if the PS4 version does, even if running it on PS5.
I’m running it on ps4 and it worked for awhile but now it seems to have stopped is it because drivehub is showing the wheel as a gt dd pro now ? Can this be fixed by installing older firmware ?

I’m running it on ps4 and it worked for awhile but now it seems to have stopped is it because drivehub is showing the wheel as a gt dd pro now ? Can this be fixed by installing older firmware ?
read up about 6 posts to 1 by @dijabola911 ... if you start the drivehub with the wheel not connected it will start emulating a CSL P4 and not GT DD Pro.. this is a bug and not the intended behaviour. We will fix it to be more releiable. I'm suggesting in v2.5 mode (yellow led) we do CSL and in native mode (red led) we do GT DD Pro.. it seems to be an issue with new wheels where old games dont support them. The GT DD Pro has a legacy mode with a purple led that makes it a CSL P4.. the new Logitech G Pro can be a G923 for the same reason...

Has anyone had any experience of using a Thrustmaster T818 with the Drivehub on a PS5 yet? GT7 specifically.

I’m tempted to purchase the T818 but would like someone who has tried it to confirm how good the FFB is?

I’m interested as well. Anyone here who can confirm if and how this combination works on GT7 / F1 games?

Thanks in advance!

@Podger any clue on why FFB is not working as expected on x360 games running on newer consoles? (Via backwards compatibility).
Native games works fine with the drivehub. Backwards compatible games used to work years ago but not anymore. FH1 was a joy to play and now the ffb is gone or is bugged out.

@Podger any clue on why FFB is not working as expected on x360 games running on newer consoles? (Via backwards compatibility).
Native games works fine with the drivehub. Backwards compatible games used to work years ago but not anymore. FH1 was a joy to play and now the ffb is gone or is bugged out.
What setup are you running? Are you getting any resistance in the wheel when turning it or is it just spinning really easily? What version of firmware are you using on your drivehub?

What setup are you running? Are you getting any resistance in the wheel when turning it or is it just spinning really easily? What version of firmware are you using on your drivehub?
I need to take note with each game. Some have zero resistance. Some gives some bizarre rumble (like Daytona usa).
Latest firmware and I also tested various older firmwares.
G27 connected to DH. Like I said it works on native games, it just does no work anymore on backwards titles.

Btw a friend have a logitech wheel for the xbox one and have the exact same problem. But I'm not sure if his wheel is running on the latest update. I believe that it requires a PC to update and he can't do it.

I need to take note with each game. Some have zero resistance. Some gives some bizarre rumble (like Daytona usa).
Latest firmware and I also tested various older firmwares.
G27 connected to DH. Like I said it works on native games, it just does no work anymore on backwards titles.

Btw a friend have a logitech wheel for the xbox one and have the exact same problem. But I'm not sure if his wheel is running on the latest update. I believe that it requires a PC to update and he can't do it.
Each game can have unique issues, but typically more of an issue with the secondary FFB like trueforce and stuff like that. I have a very unique issue with Forza on the Xbox specific to my wheel... It's a funny problem but I don't really want to talk about it because someone might read this some day in the future and think my issue is something that is bad for everyone but this scenario is something that so far has literally only impacted my specific setup lol.

When you say latest version, are you saying that you use that option when you flash the firmware? I ask because that option will give you an older firmware that has made it through all testing to become an official firmware. Unselect that and then flash the latest beta.

Each game can have unique issues, but typically more of an issue with the secondary FFB like trueforce and stuff like that. I have a very unique issue with Forza on the Xbox specific to my wheel... It's a funny problem but I don't really want to talk about it because someone might read this some day in the future and think my issue is something that is bad for everyone but this scenario is something that so far has literally only impacted my specific setup lol.

When you say latest version, are you saying that you use that option when you flash the firmware? I ask because that option will give you an older firmware that has made it through all testing to become an official firmware. Unselect that and then flash the latest beta.
Latest beta.
Tested various x360 games that had ffb working before. The problem exists for more than a year now. It's just that no one talks about it or don't care.
And no one can confirm if the games are working on another wheel / adapter.

I’ll look into it at some point

Back