Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,356 comments
PLEASE SINCE FANATEC NO WILL LAUNCH THE CSL ELITE PS4 VERSION NEED TO HAVE SOME FEEDBACK FROM SOMEONE WITH THE XBOX VERSION WORKING ON PS4.

I have the the Thrustmaster T300 RS GT edition but I want to play Forza 7 when it comes out for Xbox, so this device will allow me to use the wheel on the One S?

Pre-ordered 28th August. Have received no shipping notifications yet. :nervous:

Should be going out this week.

Screenshot_20170905-095419.png

After talking to one of my buddies that works for Sony locally in So Cal, he explained how this device works. It's pretty simple in many ways. With that said I decided to pull the trigger on one to try to make my Fanatec CSW V2 work with the new F1 2017 PS4 game. Tired of racing F1 2015 as it's the one of two games that natively works with the PS4. Anyway, not sure about you guys, but didn't you all notice the CronusMax online shop is not secure? Call me crazy, but in this day in age it's really risky to put your credit card info on sites that Google deems "not secure".

I noticed that and used PayPal. First I logged into my pp acct, and then made the purchase. I thought, if Cronous's PayPal link didn't recognize that I was signed in, then something wasn't legit. Everything worked, and I made the purchase.

Really can't wait to use my CSW V2 + Carbon Formula Rim + CSP on Forza Motorsport + Horizon. Haven't raced them since Forza 4 with PWTS.
I have a cronus max plus, however, i'd rather not have to keep switching it into wheel mode then back again for controller pad gaming. Simple plug and play for all wheels and console options has me really hyped.

Last edited:
WARNING: If you can't get it into race mode, do not press the P1 button too hard or it will break. The buttons are very delicate, I just learnt that the hard way!

:(

VBR
WARNING: If you can't get it into race mode, do not press the P1 button too hard or it will break. The buttons are very delicate, I just learnt that the hard way!

:(
Gutted for you. Poor build quality?

Gutted for you. Poor build quality?

No I don't think so, I just pressed the button too hard & broke the clicker. Just tried it again, & it is now changing modes. Driving G25 in Assetto Corsa on PS4 everything seems fine, but the h shifter doesn't work.

EDIT: Not Drive Hub's fault, just tried the G25 in Project CARS & the h pattern is working fine; amazing! Apparently there's an option in Assetto Corsa to activate it, when I find it I'll let you know. By the way, everything works on the G25, all buttons, even both shifter modes; sequential & h pattern. How did they manage that! :eek:

EDIT: You have to turn on the Use H-Shifter option in Assetto, it's at the bottom of the FFB menu & is off my default - DOH!

Last edited:
What is the difference between race mode and play mode ? Manual looks incomplete

Yeah seems strange and version 1-ish. Anyway, glad to hear from @VBR that it shipped and it works :)

I got that tracking code as well now.

...glad to hear from @VBR that it shipped and it works :)

I'm planning on thoroughly testing it out today & tomorrow, then writing up a comprehensive review Friday evening. I'll be using a G25, G29, CSR, GT2, CSR Elite pedals, as well as the G25 & G29 pedals (also have CSR shifters). That should offer a fair few combinations to put the Drive Hub through it's paces. That's the plan anyway.

:D

I read in the user manual Fanatec V3 Pedals supported by the accessory port. Does it support V1 Pedals at all? Or do I connect them directly to the CSW V2 base, when using the Fanatec Wheel base itself. However, in theory, (because reasons)💡 could I use club sport pedals V1 with a G29 wheel?

Just got my email with tracking info also!

I'm happy you are getting yours, but still I didn't get a tracking number or anything to say it shipped. I will be over the moon, when I get one though.

If you don't mind me asking, how long until its supposed to arrive? I didn't pay for fast shipping, so I am expecting 5-7 business days once it ships.

I'm happy you are getting yours, but still I didn't get a tracking number or anything to say it shipped. I will be over the moon, when I get one though.

If you don't mind me asking, how long until its supposed to arrive? I didn't pay for fast shipping, so I am expecting 5-7 business days once it ships.

It says expected date of delivery is tomorrow BUT I am in Florida. The hurricane may delay that.

What's the difference between Race Mode and Play Mode. Is it Latency / Input Lag? Like Tournament mode on the Cronus Max Plus.

It says expected date of delivery is tomorrow BUT I am in Florida. The hurricane may delay that.
Oh man. I hope you and everyone you know, their friends and their enemies make it through the hurricane, with out losing one grain of sand due to the wind. That is some of the scariest stuff nature can throw at you. You are more fortified than I. I would have been relocated. Be safe out there.

What is the difference between race mode and play mode ? Manual looks incomplete
What's the difference between Race Mode and Play Mode. Is it Latency / Input Lag? Like Tournament mode on the Cronus Max Plus.

Race Mode is the default mode Drive Hub is set to & is all we need for our wheels to work. I put the Drive Hub into Play Mode to see what it did & found out that the wheels don't work in that mode. Exactly what Play Mode is will remain a mystery for the present, until such a time as Collective Minds decides to enlighten us; watch this space!

Here's another video from Collective Minds on how to update the firmware.

Last edited:
Oh man. I hope you and everyone you know, their friends and their enemies make it through the hurricane, with out losing one grain of sand due to the wind. That is some of the scariest stuff nature can throw at you. You are more fortified than I. I would have been relocated. Be safe out there.

Thank you! I live on the East coast which is currently supposed to be the worst place to be. I'm leaving tonight after work to my parents house on the west coast of the state. It's looking bad there as well but for right now it's the lesser of 2 evils. Unfortunately it's starting to be a bit too late to try and leave the state from here. It's about an 8 hour drive under normal conditions but the highways look like parking lots right now.

Just hoping my rig isn't floating down the street when I get back. Lol

Back