Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,387 comments
I have given up at this point. My T300 with Fanatec CSL pedals don't work with the DriveHub or the DriveHub is faulty. I simply cannot get FFB to work. Steering works and so do the pedals but absolutely zero FFB. It's unplayable. I have followed all directions and my wheelbase/pedals are on their latest firmware. I tried the newest beta firmware for the DriveHub today and this issue is the same. I don't have time for this anymore and I'd rather just stick to PC sims where this is not an issue.

I have given up at this point. My T300 with Fanatec CSL pedals don't work with the DriveHub or the DriveHub is faulty. I simply cannot get FFB to work. Steering works and so do the pedals but absolutely zero FFB. It's unplayable. I have followed all directions and my wheelbase/pedals are on their latest firmware. I tried the newest beta firmware for the DriveHub today and this issue is the same. I don't have time for this anymore and I'd rather just stick to PC sims where this is not an issue.

I just started using a Drivehub with my T300RS. If my base is recognized as a T-GT in GT7, force feedback sucks. If my base is recognized as a T300RS, force feedback works as expected.

I haven't found a reliable order of turning things on and plugging them in. Can someone provide us guidance on how to consistently get the Drivehub to be recognized as a T300RS in PS5?

I've only been working with my T300RS set in PS5 mode. My Drivehub doesn't always turn on my base either, so the light doesn't come on nor does the wheel calibrate when the USB is plugged in.

Would also love to see Asetek Invicta support. Just got my set in and would love to be able to use them with my DD1 PS base in GT7.

did this ever get fixed for you? it's very noticeable, for example on the tokyo highway experiences.
No idea haven't played the game in ages. If heaps of ppl having stuttering still I could pass on a msg to podger. But pretty sure it's all fixed.

Hi @Podger, are you able to tell us the changes in FW 2.0.9 beta 1?

Thanks
Most Firmware updates nodays are to add support for a device. Wouldn't expect to much from updates.

Would also love to see Asetek Invicta support. Just got my set in and would love to be able to use them with my DD1 PS base in GT7.
Email support ask them if it's possible to add support for this device. Offer to help with any USB scans etc.

Email support ask them if it's possible to add support for this device. Offer to help with any USB scans etc.
Sent them an email to see if there is anything I can do to help. Thanks. It seems like Drivehub will actually just pass through my Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel right? So Drivehub would only really be adding in the pedals to the mix? Man I really with Sony would just support multiple devices connected and add support for all these. It's just 3 axis inputs really is annoying.

Ok, so far my reliable method has been with no Hori and the T300RS plugged into the Drivehub controller port.

1. All USB hooked up and plugged into PS5.
2. Wake PS5 with a wireless controller or media remote.
3. Wait for PS5 to power on, then select my PSN profile with the wireless controller.
4. Turn on power to T300RS (PS5 mode). Then when it comes on, reselect PSN profile with wheel. My wheel is plugged into a single outlet switch, so power remains off when I want it to since I do fans always on

Wheel base has shown as a T300rs in game each time. I'll refigure out using the Hori pad when my DD2 arrives in a few months and I have to use it.

Note: my PS5 is set not to power USB since I use a rear USB to run an exhaust fan in my cabinet. This may be why I have better luck letting the Drivehub power up before flipping on the AC outlet for my wheelbase.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm if this will work for using a G29 on an Xbox Series S/X? I am considering buying F1 22 for that system and would not do that unless I know my current wheel can work with it.

Hi Everybody. Fun stuff:
Just had my Drive hub + Hori PS4 Horipad Mini for 2 weeks enjoying some Dirt 5 and Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 with my kids using my old GT2.
I installed the cables and went for it with out doing any settings and the wheel was recognised as G29 and worked fine.

Now the Hori PS4 Horipad Mini does not work fork more than 8 minutes.
I did even try it with out drive hub, just the controller directly to PS5. This happens even if I'm only in PS menus.
Needles to say that Wheel does not work any longer than the Hori does.

I can still drive Gran Turismo 7 for the said ~8 minutes, but after that I lose control and car is stuck on the gas and gear i was on when the connection stops. Wheel still does all the FFP things, just no control till I unplug the Hori from drive hub or drive hub from PS5. then the ~8 minutes resets. Fun times.

Don't remember if there was some PS update during weekend, or what happened.

so.... Help... ideas.. something ???

EDIT: New pad fixed the problem.

Last edited:
I pushed a new beta version 2.0.8-beta.4..
the last update from Thrustmaster added new f/w for TS-XW and TX. These wheels no longer support the legacy PS3 FFB protocol. They do now support the new PC FFB protocol that surfaced at the end 2017 with GT Sport on PS4 wheels, TG-t and T300.. So they will work again on PS4 if you updated them, but can no longer work on PS3..
I made some fixes to t500 emulation for PS3 operation...

Hi Podger,
So I have TS-PC Racer, but for some reason it won't work with PS3.
I have tried DriveHub FW version 2.01-2.08 and here's the result:
v2.01-v203 -> wheel, pedals and all buttons work, but when tested in GT5 / GT6 no FFB at all
v2.04-v2.08 -> does not work at all

Any idea how to make this work?

I recently decided I could not live without the SRP-GT pedals on my rig. I also have the Fan DD Pro with the PS5 stock wheel. Of course they work fine on my PC via separate USB inputs but I spent a week figuring out how to get them to play nice on the PS5 with GT7.

If you have a Logitech wheel 3rd party pedals should work fine . Hori in controller slot . Logitech in driving controller .SRP-GT pedals in accessory slot. No framerate drops works fine. No way to know if other USB pedals will work but I can't see why not

It took a little experimenting to get the Fan DD Pro to work but finally found a way. Turn on PS5 on console. Hori in DH controller port. SRP-GT pedals in the driving controller port and the Fan DD pro in the accessory slot in PC comp mode. Turismo will then recognize the wheel as the CSL Elite . Pedals work. No framerate issues. Tested for an hour without a hitch.

Hi Everybody. Fun stuff:
Just had my Drive hub + Hori PS4 Horipad Mini for 2 weeks enjoying some Dirt 5 and Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 with my kids using my old GT2.
I installed the cables and went for it with out doing any settings and the wheel was recognised as G29 and worked fine.

Now the Hori PS4 Horipad Mini does not work fork more than 8 minutes.
I did even try it with out drive hub, just the controller directly to PS5.

Just got PS5 this week(was on PS4 Pro, and no issue with DriveHub there), I bought a Hori mini and got my CSP V3 and TS-PC plugged into it and and plug the DriveHub into PS5 into one of the back USB ports. Boot up GT7 and works no issue, played probably for an hour straight no problem.
Now if someone will fix the TH8 shifter without needing to plug it into a wheel base(I have a TH8RS so thats not even an option here).

I've been struggling to get my HE Sprints to work without causing lag/stutter in GT7. I wonder if someone with same equipment has been able to solve this issue. I run:
Fanatec Podium F1 PS4 wheelbase with McLaren GT3 v2 wheel plugged into the controller port
Heusinkveld Sprints throttle and brake plugged into the accessories port
and the DriveHub on 2.0.8 and 2.0.8. beta 8 firmware.

Initially I was running Fanatec's beta driver/firmware 443, and Collective Minds suggested I only use the most recent firmware, so I rolled back to 442.

About the only thing I haven't done is run through the betas. Really appreciate some recommendations for solving this stutter/lag under braking and intensive graphics moments.
Thanks!

I've been struggling to get my HE Sprints to work without causing lag/stutter in GT7. I wonder if someone with same equipment has been able to solve this issue. I run:
Fanatec Podium F1 PS4 wheelbase with McLaren GT3 v2 wheel plugged into the controller port
Heusinkveld Sprints throttle and brake plugged into the accessories port
and the DriveHub on 2.0.8 and 2.0.8. beta 8 firmware.

Initially I was running Fanatec's beta driver/firmware 443, and Collective Minds suggested I only use the most recent firmware, so I rolled back to 442.

About the only thing I haven't done is run through the betas. Really appreciate some recommendations for solving this stutter/lag under braking and intensive graphics moments.
Thanks!
The game stutters for people on PS5's with compatible gear let alone using a drivehub. Are you sure it's not just good ol GT7 doing it's thing?

The game stutters for people on PS5's with compatible gear let alone using a drivehub. Are you sure it's not just good ol GT7 doing it's thing?
Thanks Breezer. I am on PS5.
Pretty sure its not just GT7 doing its thing. Never experienced this issue in the several months of playing while using Fanatec V3 pedals, until I tried to add the HE Sprints/Drivehub to the equation.

I'm using Sprints as well, with a DD2. I get the corner stutter with about 5 cars on screen. I'm on PS4 Pro though. Most of the time I have a usable experience though. You're in the right setting mode on the drivehub? Not fanalogic but the other one that flashes F three times on the wheel? (sorry I forget the name of the mode off the top of my head.)

Last edited:
Since I have a DD1 with PS4/5 compatibility built in, I don't need a additional PS controller. I have tried to switch drivehub modes between fanatec and fanalogic. However, using 3 different wheels, it won't change, which leads me to believe the drivehub identifies the wheelbase as a PS compatible fanatec controller and uses the proper mode. The wheelbase is also identified as a fanatec in the GT menu. I suspect there is something about the poll-rate of the HE brake that doesn't quite match well with the 60hz of GT7? Who knows. Really love the feel and modulation of the HE pedals over the V3 fanatecs. Just hoping someone has found the magic combination of firmware and settings and will share it.

After trying all available Drivehub firmware, the stuttering still persists when the wheelbase is plugged into the controller port. On a whim, I put my Podium F1 (PS4) wheelbase into PC mode, plugged it into the middle/wheel port, a hori mini into the controller port, and the pedals remained in the accessory port. No stuttering. Weird. I might be imagining this, but the feedback doesn't feel the same? Then again, this is GT7, and I've yet to put the wheelbase into advanced tuning mode and tweak the settings. We'll see. Really feel like I shouldn't have to run the hori controller, but there ya go...

Anyone was able to get the screen on the SF1000 working with the drivehub with GT7? All last updates done already.
Anybody have any success on this? I've had to revert my drivehub to 2.0.7 just to have the game recognize my TS-PC as a T300. Going to any newer version makes it a T-GT and I lose the ability to change TCS/Fuel Map/Radar settings, the directional buttons become left/right/reverse view controls.

I guess my 2 friends are lying then and all the posts and comments read about it? It's not a slide show in some corners with around 5 cars on screen?

I only started using PS5 over this last weekend with GT7, using Drive Hub with TS-PC+CSP V3 and using the Hori Mini controller, I don't see any stuttering issue, with PS5 set to run prioritizing Ray Tracing. I haven't tried online multiplayer though, so far only in singleplayer content.

It's pretty bad. Although I'm on PS4 Pro, I would say it's worse but PS5 users have the same thing going on. You'll see it soon enough. It hurts your eyes. If you're used to getting 120+ FPS on PC that's warm butter smooth, this seems like a slide show going by.

I don't see any fps drops on PS5, even with 8 AI cars. I play in 4K, HDR and Ray Tracing and use Drivehub with CSL DD and CSL Pedals.

I am going to try my main hardware later today - DD2 and Clubsport V3 pedals. Will see if there is any difference in fps.

PS. I've never seen 120fps on my PC, max was 90fps in VR :). GT7 runs fine on PS5. I would not expect anything more from $500 console. My GPU was 2x more expensive 3 years ago.

Last edited:
In the beginning when GT7 first came out the title seemed plagued with issues and Drivehub was struggling to keep up. I noticed video stutter in the corners especially with multiple cars. And the more cars the worse it got. When I tried racing online it got way worse. Now it all seems to be quite better for me with the title and Drivehub but I have to admit I'm not putting it through the paces as I once was. Life has been gettin in the way pretty good and if I have some time to get in the rig I just run a long campaign race for some credits or throw in F122. I haven't been testing my mettle online lately.

OSW,GT7 GIMX FFB PERFECT !!(Complete resolution of oscillations)​

First of all, it is difficult to solve with GIMX g29 ps4 mode.

Enjoy GT7 to your heart's content~

Back