Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,303 comments
I can understand if you use the formula V2 wheel. You do want to use those leds and buttons.

Did you notice you had to increase/change the FFB when you switched from Fanalogic to Fanatec mode?

Yes, I meant to say that, I did need to adjust it to a higher level in game. Hard to be definitive but I have come to the conclusion/gut feel that the ffb is better in fanatec mode where games support those wheels.

@Podger , I’ve just bought the advanced podium paddles module for my formula v2 wheel and neither of the upper paddles are being detected in f1 2020 or ACC on PS4 with drivehub in Fanatec mode.

In Windows they are working in the fanatec wheel properties page so I’m wondering if there is some mapping/bug when using drivehub?

I’m on latest wheel / base firmware updates and all other buttons are mapping fine in those two games.

any suggestions or anyone else got it working?

cheers

Does DirtRally 2.0 work fine with the FANATEC driver V373?
I reverted to V347 because my Fanatecmode stopped working.
It works with fanalogic, but the handbrake can only be used digitally.

@Podger
These are the three points I have a problem with with the Drive HUB

(1) Even for all FANATEC drivers, when DR1 is in FANATEC mode, all controls are disabled except for the steering wheel.
(2) In DR1 & 2.0, the upper part of sequential shift is shifted up and the lower part is shifted down.
(3) DR2.0 FANATEC mode cannot be used with the FANATEC driver V373

My gaming environment is. 
ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for XBOX ONE
ClubSport Pedals V3
ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
ClubSport Handbrake V1.5

PS4 Pro
Xbox One X

Once this problem is solved, you'll be in a great mood to play the game!

@Podger , I’ve just bought the advanced podium paddles module for my formula v2 wheel and neither of the upper paddles are being detected in f1 2020 or ACC on PS4 with drivehub in Fanatec mode.

In Windows they are working in the fanatec wheel properties page so I’m wondering if there is some mapping/bug when using drivehub?

I’m on latest wheel / base firmware updates and all other buttons are mapping fine in those two games.

any suggestions or anyone else got it working?

cheers
Can you link the exact item.. I have a F1 V2 rim and the addition paddles, they might not be podium mind you.... I added support for them IIRC..

edit: I checked my order history they are called podium advanced paddle module...

I'll take a look when I have a chance, pretty sure it was all working..

Last edited:
Can you link the exact item.. I have a F1 V2 rim and the addition paddles, they might not be podium mind you.... I added support for them IIRC..

edit: I checked my order history they are called podium advanced paddle module...

I'll take a look when I have a chance, pretty sure it was all working..

Yeah, Podium Advanced Paddle Module is the one:
https://fanatec.com/eu-en/shifters-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

As far as I can tell, ACC and F1 2020 both support them on PS4 when used with CSL Elite or the F1 Podium wheelbase so hopefully just a mapping thing. Maybe the latest Fanatec firmware updates have moved things around.

Let me know if I can help with any testing, firmware info etc.

Cheers

Edit: just remembered that the up/down toggle switches in the centre of the F1 wheel seem to be mapped incorrectly too, left and right are mixed up I think. Noticed it first in ACC and thought it was a bug but the same seems to happen in F1 2020. I’m sure I read something about a driver/firmware update unifying how the F1 and McLaren wheels were mapped, maybe that’s caused the problem?
Cheers

Last edited:
Is there a way to get the shift/rpm lights working on PC? The only game I have seen that works on its own is GTR Evolution. I tried the Fanaleds program, which is supposed to work on Dirt Rally and Grid 2 with a G27, but it did not work on the Drivehub. The shift/rpm lights seemed to be working fine on F1 2015, though.

Update on Drivehub for PC. I am going to say it this way: Drivehub is not supported on PC according to Collective Minds, and getting it to work properly is tricky. Initial problems getting it setup as previously stated (make sure you install Logitech gaming software and config it properly). But even after solving the setup problems longer term play revealed bugs. For instance, in some games like Grid 2 the Xbox steering wheel would randomly pause during gameplay. Sometimes the wheel ffb would stop working after the PC came out of sleep, had to restart PC to resolve. Another problem, when trying to switch back to a wired 360 pad, the computer would not recognize the pad. Just want to temper expectations to any potential buyers: PC use has been a gamble in my experience. I have stopped using Drivehub on the PC as there were too many headaches to make it worthwhile. Drivehub is great for console, though.

Hi all hoping someone can answer some queries I have.
I am currently using drivehub with ps4 and have had very pleasant experience so far. My setup is Thrustmaster t500 with fanatec CSR elite pedals.
With ps5 release coming, I am sure the t500 will not be supported as Thrustmaster has said only licensed wheels will be supported with the console. I was thinking of upgrading to the T GT and using it with the drivehub and fanatec pedals but before I go ahead and make the purchase I would like some clarification on:
1. Does the transducer rumble effect thingy still work on gran turismo when running through the drivehub?
2. Can I connect the wheel into the ‘controller’ port and the pedals into the ‘wheel’ port (I would like to purchase the fanatec shifter and run that through the ‘accessory’ port

thanks

Last edited:
Noob question: I have a drivehub now and use it with my trusty old G25 on PS4.

I would have thought it will be recognized as G29, but when I want to remap buttons in Gran Turismo Sport, I have to do it via the Fanatec CSL options.

It doesn't bother me at all, but: If there is a way to make the wheel be recognized as G29, would that change or improve the FFB? (not that it's really bad now, just asking...)

Thank you!

Hi all hoping someone can answer some queries I have.
I am currently using drivehub with ps4 and have had very pleasant experience so far. My setup is Thrustmaster t500 with fanatec CSR elite pedals.
With ps5 release coming, I am sure the t500 will not be supported as Thrustmaster has said only licensed wheels will be supported with the console. I was thinking of upgrading to the T GT and using it with the drivehub and fanatec pedals but before I go ahead and make the purchase I would like some clarification on:
1. Does the transducer rumble effect thingy still work on gran turismo when running through the drivehub?
2. Can I connect the wheel into the ‘controller’ port and the pedals into the ‘wheel’ port (I would like to purchase the fanatec shifter and run that through the ‘accessory’ port
thanks
This will show you.
https://www.drivehubnow.com/connect-your-drive-hub-to-a-ps4

Noob question: I have a drivehub now and use it with my trusty old G25 on PS4.

I would have thought it will be recognized as G29, but when I want to remap buttons in Gran Turismo Sport, I have to do it via the Fanatec CSL options.

It doesn't bother me at all, but: If there is a way to make the wheel be recognized as G29, would that change or improve the FFB? (not that it's really bad now, just asking...)

Thank you!
You may have the drivehub in the fanatec mode, check the user guide but it should be, press and hold down the options + share buttons to switch modes.

You may have the drivehub in the fanatec mode, check the user guide but it should be, press and hold down the options + share buttons to switch modes.
Aaaah! Yes, that is definitely it, thank you.
At first, the wheel calibrated after plugging in, but wasn't recognized by the PS4 at all. I tried to press the PS-Button Combination to get it connected and also held it down, I must have put it in Fanatec mode then.
Thanks to an older post by @VBR, I found out that it has to be the original Playstation USB cable which solved my problem and the wheel was immediately recognized.

Yeah, Podium Advanced Paddle Module is the one:
https://fanatec.com/eu-en/shifters-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

As far as I can tell, ACC and F1 2020 both support them on PS4 when used with CSL Elite or the F1 Podium wheelbase so hopefully just a mapping thing. Maybe the latest Fanatec firmware updates have moved things around.

Let me know if I can help with any testing, firmware info etc.

Cheers

Edit: just remembered that the up/down toggle switches in the centre of the F1 wheel seem to be mapped incorrectly too, left and right are mixed up I think. Noticed it first in ACC and thought it was a bug but the same seems to happen in F1 2020. I’m sure I read something about a driver/firmware update unifying how the F1 and McLaren wheels were mapped, maybe that’s caused the problem?
Cheers
I put a beta f/w 2.0.7-beta.2 on the server, this should no work for you..

I put a beta f/w 2.0.7-beta.2 on the server, this should no work for you..

Great stuff @Podger! I’ve just done some initial testing in ACC and F1 2020 and all seems to be working well on beta 2.

Will do some more testing and report back.

Thanks again for looking into this.

cheers

Thanks I didn’t know about that page. That’s cool, answers my question on connections.
Now I just wonder if the rumble transducer still works through the hub. If it doesn’t it’s probably a more cost effective option to just get a T300 but I feel like I would just be downgrading
It doesn't work. TGT only works in "other" mode via drivehub.

What will happen if I connect a PC only Joystick / Hotas with the drivehub to my PS4? Will it be recognized at all or not? And if it is, will it be recognized as a DS4 which means button mapping can be done as long as the game allows it?

Unfortunately, there is very very little choice for PS4 users in terms of flight controllers and it's probably the same on XBox. Would be great if drivehub helped here.

Hi Guys.

Im new to the site and have joined as ive just learnt about the Drivehub and my question basically is -

I have a fanatec gt2 wheel and clubsport pedals and want to play Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox1, is this possible?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Wayne.

@Unionjack33 - should be fine with FH4. I have Fanatec 911 GT2 Wheel and Clubsport V1 pedals and Drivehub means that combo is working great for me on Xbox One with FM7, PC1, PC2 and AC.

@DriveHUB @Podger I am so thankful for this device and the support. Makes it work GT Sport.
7CF0307D-7298-423B-99AB-1EFB7A24BD99.jpeg

I think we have solved it, not 100% sure yet but almost. The main thing seems to be to actually unpair/forget the DS4 that is being connected to the Drivehub and used for the PS4 license validation. As soon as I unpaired the DS4 virtually all disconnects stopped.
I have since changed the USB cable as well (since they recommend a short USB cable), but the disconnects stopped with just the unpairing - no cable swap.

So, it may be that it is not enough to merely turn off the controller. It may be that unpairing is the best way to go.

I know this is an old thread and post but want to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU. I was having the same disconnection issue with my G25 and Drivehub and unpairing the controller did the trick! So happy now I can go Endurance races without the fear of random disconnection and no more ruined races!

My T300RS keeps disconnecting seconds after plugging in the Drivehub to my XBox1. One time last night it worked for about 10 minutes then the same thing happened. The green light on the back of the drivehub where the wheel connects cuts off and boom, into the wall I go. Not sure what to do. Are there other options to use a T300 on an Xbox 1?

My T300RS keeps disconnecting seconds after plugging in the Drivehub to my XBox1. One time last night it worked for about 10 minutes then the same thing happened. The green light on the back of the drivehub where the wheel connects cuts off and boom, into the wall I go. Not sure what to do. Are there other options to use a T300 on an Xbox 1?
Other option is gimx adapter if you have access too a pc close too your ps4 so can configure on pc and startup

Went back to using the drivehub with my T300RS on Xbox one X after a long time away. What happened!!?.

Both Forza horizon 4 and Forza motorsport 7 now have really aggressive vibration even when driving slowly in a straight line. I have had to drop the vibration scale down to a value of 1 for both games or my wheel is gonna be wrecked in no time at all.

Tried resetting all in game wheel settings to default. There is no way that Turn 10/ Playground Games would set the default vibration scale to a value that would cause this level of vibration for the Thrustmaster TMX 300 (which is the model I believe my T300RS is emulating?).

Tried the drivehub firmware 2.0.5 and the latest current beta firmware with same results.

Is there a bug in these firmware versions relating to the vibration scales between these 2 Thrustmaster wheels?

Please feel free to point out what I might have overlooked.

My T300RS works fine on my PS4 with GT Sport, no vibration issues at all (drivehub not connected).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi all

Quick question, hove someone tried the Drivehub on PS5 with some wheel??

Regards

Tried it on GT Sport installed on my new PS5 - works for a few minutes and then disconnects in the middle of a lap. Will work again if you disconnect and reconnect. I thought it was my old firmware on the DH so I updated to beta 2.07.1 - tried with this firmware with the same results.

With a freshly booted ps5 and no controllers connected, I can plug in the drivehub and it works exactly like on the ps4 - I can move thru the menus and click a few options - works exactly like it it should.

The only problem I have is the disconnects - I hope @Podger can fix this. Please let me know if you need more info.

Equipment used:
1. Drivehub running the latest firmware
2, Fanatec CSW V2.5 with PC driver 345 Firmware 664 (havent updated firmware in a while but it works fine on the ps4)

EDIT: Did a few more tests and it seems that it disconnects around the 10 minute mark consistently - @Tassie_tiger was right about that. I had my "Time controllers will turn off" set to 10 minutes so I changed it to "Do not turn off" (this is the default setting). No difference even after power off and on, still disconnects in 10 minutes. Looks like the "Time controllers will turn off" setting doesn't work or it doesn't apply to other controllers. Probably needs some sort of signal to tell the ps5 that this is still active...

Last edited:
Tried it on GT Sport installed on my new PS5 - works for a few minutes and then disconnects in the middle of a lap. Will work again if you disconnect and reconnect. I thought it was my old firmware on the DH so I updated to beta 2.07.1 - tried with this firmware with the same results.

With a freshly booted ps5 and no controllers connected, I can plug in the drivehub and it works exactly like on the ps4 - I can move thru the menus and click a few options - works exactly like it it should.

The only problem I have is the disconnects - I hope @Podger can fix this. Please let me know if you need more info.

Equipment used:
1. Drivehub running the latest firmware
2, Fanatec CSW V2.5 with PC driver 345 Firmware 664 (havent updated firmware in a while but it works fine on the ps4)
I won’t have one til they release on the 19th... that’s the earliest I’ll be looking into it...

Like @gt_fan, I'm also running a CSW V2.5 via Drivehub on GT Sport.
And I have similar results when trying it on the PS5.

A few basic points:
The Drivehub has served me well for a long time on the PS4, and I've had very few issues, so I'm more than happy with the product. 👍
Testing GTS in general on the PS5, all aspects of the game seems fine, including testing a supported (G29) wheel.
Testing a non-supported wheel via Drivehub on the PS5 gives me somewhere between 5 to 10 mins of 'normal' wheel gameplay before (it seems) the DS4 connected to the Drivehub is timed out and the wheel is dead.
@Podger, it's obviously very early days regarding PS5 access, but it's appreciated that you guys will do what you can when you can, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts again soon.

So ... I have tried a multitude of combinations of cables, controllers, boot sequences, and PS5 settings.
I've used both early and late series DS4 controllers. Even tried a PS5 controller.

Knowing of the boot-up sequence 'problem', I've tried starting via using both a DS4/PS5 controller, and using the PS5 start button.

I've tried using DS4's that are powered on and powered off.
Also DS4's that are 'known' (paired) to the PS5, and ones that are not on the PS5's list of known accessories.

Have tested the PS5's 'sleep' timer for accessories, both with a sleep timer set for controllers, and also sleep timer switched 'off'.
Also tested PS5's 'communication method' for controllers, testing both 'Bluetooth only' and 'USB cable only' options.

And every combination of the above that I could think of with DS4/Dual Sense controllers.
Also tried having the wheel already on at start-up, and after game loading.

After all the switching of cables and controllers, I did a final check by plugging everything back into the PS4 to ensure that my wheel was working as it previously had in GTS.
All was fine.
A quick swap back to PS5, and the 'time-out' issue reared it's ugly head again.

Long story short, I feel the issue needed to overcome is the communication between the PS5 and the PS4 controller, and how the console drops communication with the controller that's connected only via the Drivehub.

Last edited:
Back