Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,354 comments
It looks like Sony has taken a new trick out of the sleeve.

it does feel like that...

hopefully the fact that it works for 10 minutes before cutting out means @Podger can figure out a workaround but even if that’s possible, we might find ourselves in a cat & mouse game with console firmware updates.

might have to start planning to sell my CSW2.5 and switch to CSL or Podium F1.

Good luck @Podger - we all have fingers & toes crossed!!!

My PS5 should arrive on 19th so just shout if I can help with any testing.

Like @gt_fan, I'm also running a CSW V2.5 via Drivehub on GT Sport.
And I have similar results when trying it on the PS5.

A few basic points:
The Drivehub has served me well for a long time on the PS4, and I've had very few issues, so I'm more than happy with the product. 👍
Testing GTS in general on the PS5, all aspects of the game seems fine, including testing a supported (G29) wheel.
Testing a non-supported wheel via Drivehub on the PS5 gives me somewhere between 5 to 10 mins of 'normal' wheel gameplay before (it seems) the DS4 connected to the Drivehub is timed out and the wheel is dead.
@Podger, it's obviously very early days regarding PS5 access, but it's appreciated that you guys will do what you can when you can, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts again soon.

So ... I have tried a multitude of combinations of cables, controllers, boot sequences, and PS5 settings.
I've used both early and late series DS4 controllers. Even tried a PS5 controller.

Knowing of the boot-up sequence 'problem', I've tried starting via using both a DS4/PS5 controller, and using the PS5 start button.

I've tried using DS4's that are powered on and powered off.
Also DS4's that are 'known' (paired) to the PS5, and ones that are not on the PS5's list of known accessories.

Have tested the PS5's 'sleep' timer for accessories, both with a sleep timer set for controllers, and also sleep timer switched 'off'.
Also tested PS5's 'communication method' for controllers, testing both 'Bluetooth only' and 'USB cable only' options.

And every combination of the above that I could think of with DS4/Dual Sense controllers.
Also tried having the wheel already on at start-up, and after game loading.

After all the switching of cables and controllers, I did a final check by plugging everything back into the PS4 to ensure that my wheel was working as it previously had in GTS.
All was fine.
A quick swap back to PS5, and the 'time-out' issue reared it's ugly head again.

Long story short, I feel the issue needed to overcome is the communication between the PS5 and the PS4 controller, and how the console drops communication with the controller that's connected only via the Drivehub.
Thanks for the in-depth analysis @Tassie_tiger was pretty curious if there was a work around , seems like you’ve tried it all.

Just for fun I've tried a few more things, and may as well document them here. :P
None have worked. :(

Tried the multiple User with multiple controllers function, similar to what can be done on the PS4.
It all seemed good, with blue light and red light controllers, but the Drivehub's controller timed out again.

Tried switching off Bluetooth completely.
It mentions using the function to 'manage controllers in esports events'.
No joy.

Even tried using a USB splitter in a desperate attempt to connect the DS4 to the Drivehub, while still having it connected to the PS5.
Got it to work, but it still times out.

According to a PS5 on-screen message, as soon as you plug a USB cable into a DS4 it is 'disconnected'.
I assume it is referring to the bluetooth connection.
But no PS5 'settings' that I can find seems to be able to get around this problem.

And on that note, I'm done.

I will leave it to the clever people at Collective Minds, and hope they can find a solution. :cheers:

I’ve just got bought a drive hub, using a T500rsx, 599 evo rim PS4 pro. I got it so I could play ACC, T500 support is broken and I hoped to play it properly. Unfortunately I can’t update it as my Mac is too old. It kind of works but I have the following issues.

the steering is like a switch, it just goes extreme left or right with the slightest movement.

the pedals are reversed, not pressing the pedal is on. pushing all the way down is off.

Will updating fix this or is there something else I’m missing?

Tried my TS-XW with PS5 and drivehub last night. Same problem others are having. FFB works for about 5 minutes and then stops. Hoping this is something they can fix with a firmware update. Hell, I'll gladly pay for a new version of the drivehub to use with the PS5.

Can anyone verify if the Drivehub will enable "foreign" pedal sets with a supported wheel on PS5?
E.g. T300 with Fanatec pedals?

Might not have the same issues as unsupported wheels, right?

Last edited:
Just to add some further test info to the excellent work by @Tassie_tiger - got my PS5 this morning so just did a quick test over lunch using drive hub with my Fanatec CSW2.5.

I wondered if the DS4 was going to sleep so tried a couple of tests taping down one of the analog sticks and then one of the triggers to see if that kept it 'awake'. Unfortunately no luck with either test.

Interestingly, the FFB continues to come through from the game to the wheel in line with what is happening on screen, it is just that no inputs are picked up by the console.

Fingers crossed a DH firmware update can sort us out.

Just a thought the DS4 might have your PS4 details held within it which is confusing it. There is a way to hard reset just the DS4 controller, you could try that before using it on the ps5 and DH.

Just a thought the DS4 might have your PS4 details held within it which is confusing it. There is a way to hard reset just the DS4 controller, you could try that before using it on the ps5 and DH.

Not sure if that makes a difference or not but I'll give it a try tonight. I also didn't pair the DS4 with the PS5. Anyone tried both of these steps?

Likewise I'll try a few variations. I think that drive hub instructions though are that the DS4 is not to be paired with the console.

Looking at the directions online it doesn't say anything about the controller being paired to the console, just that the controller should be powered off.

Attachments

• Drivehub.jpg
    Drivehub.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 63
Out of interest does Podger have a PS5?

I was using a GIMX but the same issue with the seeming to disconnect/unresponsive after about 6 and a half minutes... so if Drivehub gets a fix first I may switch over to that as I assume its similar.

I am really looking forward to the updates and hope that the DriveHub will get an update to be compatible with PS5.
You can do it!

It looks like Sony has taken a new trick out of the sleeve.
@super_gt look like you're not wrong.. I can confirm that the DriveHub stops working after 8 mins or so with a DS4. It simply ignores the DriveHub after that point as if you were using one of those unlicensed 3rd party controllers.
On the up side, and with that in mind I tried the DriveHub with a licensed 3rd party controller, one that has the same chip as is on the G29 and t150 etc.. that seems to work for now... I have a bunch of the 3rd party ones here for my work on other projects, a few worked and a few did not...

Hori pad were good

Nacon were good

Razer only the oldest one the Riaju works

Scuf dont work (the Vantage they make themselves)

Astro didn't work

YMMV and who knows if they can scupper this also...

Last edited:
@super_gt look like you're not wrong.. I can confirm that the DriveHub stops working after 8 mins or so with a DS4. It simply ignores the DriveHub after that point as if you were using one of those unlicensed 3rd party controllers.
On the up side, and with that in mind I tried the DriveHub with a licensed 3rd party controller, one that has the same chip as is on the G29 and t150 etc.. that seems to work for now... I have a bunch of the 3rd party ones here for my work on other projects, a few worked and a few did not...

Hori pad were good

Nacon were good

Astro didn't work

Let's pray that Sony does not roll out this stuff on the ps4.

Hori pad were good

Nacon were good

Astro didn't work

So...... what do you think? Will there be an opportunity for the Drivehub?

Regards.

Hori pad were good

Nacon were good

Astro didn't work

I'm sorry to hear that, I was hoping I was wrong.

Hori pad were good

Nacon were good

Astro didn't work

thanks @Podger, I’m looking at Nacon controller and can see some wired ones or the odd wireless one. Any specifics on the ones you tested ok?

cheers

Last edited:
Back