Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,306 comments
So basically we should be able to use DriveHub with PS5 by getting a 3rd party controller and, for example, selling the DS4 that used to be connected to the DriveHub?
That seems like a totally fine deal to me :)

Will this work? I understand this is what you call Hori Pad, isnt't it?

7152tQnO5IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The cheapest one.. but the hori pad is cheaper... they have a game pad for kids that works well

Thanks 👍

This morning I got hold of a Nacon Wired Compact Controller. I've done decent stints on GT Sport, ACC, AC, F1 2020 without any issues using that in the controller port of the Drivehub instead of the official Sony DS4.

This was all with a CSW2.5 and the Drivehub in Fanatec Mode.

Fingers crossed this is an option that can remain for us, will just have to see what each console OS update brings though!

The better frame rate in ACC is a joy - looking forward to them releasing a more specific PS5 update which sounds like it is in the works.

Cheers

Is this statement from Sony of concern for 3rd party controllers plugged into the DH while using PS5 games?

"
  • Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
  • The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games. "

The cheapest one.. but the hori pad is cheaper... they have a game pad for kids that works well
@Podger Thank you very much for the tip. Picked up a Hori wired game pad for PS4 from ebgames for $36 (Black Friday special normally A$49.95) and this works flawlessly. It's not something I would buy but it's either this or letting 2k of fanatec gear go to waste. I can now use my csw 2.5 in gt sport on my 4k tv in hdr10. Happy as a pig in s**t. Thumbs up mate.

Now I hope it will work for gt7, but that's for another day.

Last edited:
Will this work? I understand this is what you call Hori Pad, isnt't it?

7152tQnO5IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Glad I saw this thread as I just bought a Drivehub for GT Sport and eventually GT7 to use my CSW 2.5 on and it kept failing after #min played with a standard controller.

Bought this pictured Hori pad today and can also confirm no issues having spent 2 hours in races this morning in GT Sport. Thanks!

Last edited:
Glad I saw this thread as I just bought a Drivehub for GT Sport and eventually GT7 to use my CSW 2.5 on and it kept failing after #min played with a standard controller.

Bought this pictured Hori pad today and can also confirm no issues having spent 2 hours in races this morning in GT Sport. Thanks!

Have you tried with a PS5 Game? not a PS4 game on a PS5 console. DIRT 5 for example.

Last edited:
Have you tried with a PS5 Game? not a PS4 game on a PS5 console. DIRT 5 for example.

I don’t think such thing exists yet.

Dirt 5 was released without wheel support was supposed to be coming end of Nov.
WRC9 wheels just didn’t work at all on launch (even though they were supposed to) so they are working on a fix.

Great to see the hori pad ps5 combo working :D

Can anyone test the hori pad with the drivehub on ps4? I'd like to know if that also works in case Sony decides to roll out a fw upgrade to the ps4.

Great to see the hori pad ps5 combo working :D

Can anyone test the hori pad with the drivehub on ps4? I'd like to know if that also works in case Sony decides to roll out a fw upgrade to the ps4.
yes it works on PS4.. we always recommend the Ds4 as there was so many doggie 3rd party ones out there... and they have **** cables and were simply more trouble than they were worth..

yes it works on PS4.. we always recommend the Ds4 as there was so many doggie 3rd party ones out there... and they have **** cables and were simply more trouble than they were worth..

Good to know. I am using the DS4 with Drivehub. The DS4 is actually part of my dyi handbrake. I was just wondering if the horipad also work just in case.

A quick request for help from anyone with Dirt Rally 2 and Fanatec wheel/Drivehub.

I never played this much before but am trying out a bunch of games on PS5 backwards compatibility.

on both my PS4 Pro and PS5, I’m finding that this game never seems to detect the wheel with the Drivehub in fanatec mode, I.e. when it emulates a CSL Elite. If I switch to Fanalogic mode it appears as a G29 as usual.

This is behaving the same on PS4 pro with official dual shock 4 or Nacon wired pad and PS5 with the Nacon pad too.

if I look at device history in the controls menu, I can see it lists a CSL so it must have worked at some point.
Was wondering if someone else could test out and see if they get the same result?

cheers

A quick request for help from anyone with Dirt Rally 2 and Fanatec wheel/Drivehub.

I never played this much before but am trying out a bunch of games on PS5 backwards compatibility.

on both my PS4 Pro and PS5, I’m finding that this game never seems to detect the wheel with the Drivehub in fanatec mode, I.e. when it emulates a CSL Elite. If I switch to Fanalogic mode it appears as a G29 as usual.

This is behaving the same on PS4 pro with official dual shock 4 or Nacon wired pad and PS5 with the Nacon pad too.

if I look at device history in the controls menu, I can see it lists a CSL so it must have worked at some point.
Was wondering if someone else could test out and see if they get the same result?

cheers

On my ps4pro it works in both modes. I prefer the G29 mode though.

Just has a thought, Sony have implemented a chip check against the wheel. Podger said the hori pad has the same chip as the g29, so if drivehub/gimx is emulating a g29 it needs a controller with a g29 chip. In theory if you emulate a newer wheel which has a different chip you need a controller with that chip. Does the G293 have the same chip as a g29?

Last edited:
So.. without too much yada yada I am a learner first here, but I am about to buy & build a rig and am deciding between a csl elite + and a 2.5. I really seem to want the 2.5 but heard the issue with the playstation natively not seeing the 2.5, however being that I managed to find this wonderful page to guide me on the ins and outs of making the 2.5 work with the ps5 I figured I would break down my to-be-build and that way know ahead of time how to make sure it all works when I get it!

I fully intend to be playing both games on my PC as well as the PS5(I also have a ps4 pro, but I don't foresee any reason to use the ps4 when the ps5 exists) . Dirt 5, AC, GT7, F12020 + , Forza, Iracing, ... I am really game for anything honestly

1st question is windows/xbox realted while the rest are Sony related-

1. from what I understand, I shouldn't *NEED* an xbox of any kind correct? Just a xbox controller(OEM &/or 3rd) & wheel that will work the menu & settings? As long as I have an xbox game pass? (<- correct me here?) I can play the games ... am I understanding this right?

2- for Sony & ps5. I read up a little above me and so correct me if I am missing something below:

drive hub
2.5 base
ps5 console
3rd party controller for ps4 ? or for ps5? or both (my guess is having both is better lol)

planned wheel purchases:

WRC wheel - will use for drift/ rally/ racing games not needing a f1 type wheel
https://fanatec.com/us-en/steering-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Clubsport steering wheel v2 (because I want an f1 style wheel across all platforms?)
https://fanatec.com/us-en/steering-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Any suggestions on wheels are appreciated as my goal is to get one wheel for non f1/open wheel , and get 1 that fits general cars + drifting + rally racing (a total of 2 wheels for those who are counting the items we are buying .. not naming who is but this process is a prerequisite to get her interested fully in this process lol)

planned base:
clubsport 2.5

Planned ecosystem: drive hub + fanatec

planned 3rd party controllers:

ps4: ?

ps5: ? - if required

xbox : ?

xbox new gen : ? - if required

planned pedals:

Really close to pulling the trigger on a set of v3 (not inverted?) (<- are v3 pedals that much better than csl elite ones for example? )

dampener x2 (one for the gas + one for the brake)

v3 brake kit that gives you the pieces to adjust the brake (green, yellow, red)

Planned rig:

Haven't made a decision quite yet.. I want a comfy chair but I also want/need a sturdy rig, and cant seem to find that combination.. if any of you have bought a chair + rig separate and put the two together please let me know which ones worked!

Any and all answers are super appreciated!!!! If I missed anything or if somethings unclear let me know

thanks everyone!!

The CSL steering wheel is something you may find a bit less solid, compared to other Fanatec steering wheels. If you also like the BMW GT2 rim, get this one instead.
About the rig, I would highly recommend getting a seat you feel good in and then building your own rig, e.g. from wood (I built mine from 22mm and it's as sturdy you can get). It probably won't take more than half a day, so you can start after breakfast and be racing before dinner :)

Hi, I'm in the process of acquiring hardware for my rig so just wanted to make sure I am understanding how to correctly deploy the Drivehub before I empty my wallet. I will have 2 environments, PS4 and PS5.

In both cases:
  • Upgrade Drivehub to latest beta firmware
  • HE Sprint pedals into Drivehub accessory port
  • DD1 PS4 wheel into Drivehub controller port
  • Drivehub into PS4
  • No need for Dualshock 4 controller or Hori pad to be plugged into Drivehub?
Lastly, on the PS5 will I still experience the 10 minute timeout given that DD1 PS4 wheel is officially supported?

Thanks

Last edited:
NKH
So.. without too much yada yada I am a learner first here, but I am about to buy & build a rig and am deciding between a csl elite + and a 2.5. I really seem to want the 2.5 but heard the issue with the playstation natively not seeing the 2.5, however being that I managed to find this wonderful page to guide me on the ins and outs of making the 2.5 work with the ps5 I figured I would break down my to-be-build and that way know ahead of time how to make sure it all works when I get it!

I fully intend to be playing both games on my PC as well as the PS5(I also have a ps4 pro, but I don't foresee any reason to use the ps4 when the ps5 exists) . Dirt 5, AC, GT7, F12020 + , Forza, Iracing, ... I am really game for anything honestly

1st question is windows/xbox realted while the rest are Sony related-

1. from what I understand, I shouldn't *NEED* an xbox of any kind correct? Just a xbox controller(OEM &/or 3rd) & wheel that will work the menu & settings? As long as I have an xbox game pass? (<- correct me here?) I can play the games ... am I understanding this right?

2- for Sony & ps5. I read up a little above me and so correct me if I am missing something below:

drive hub
2.5 base
ps5 console
3rd party controller for ps4 ? or for ps5? or both (my guess is having both is better lol)

planned wheel purchases:

WRC wheel - will use for drift/ rally/ racing games not needing a f1 type wheel

Clubsport steering wheel v2 (because I want an f1 style wheel across all platforms?)

Any suggestions on wheels are appreciated as my goal is to get one wheel for non f1/open wheel , and get 1 that fits general cars + drifting + rally racing (a total of 2 wheels for those who are counting the items we are buying .. not naming who is but this process is a prerequisite to get her interested fully in this process lol)

planned base:
clubsport 2.5

Planned ecosystem: drive hub + fanatec

planned 3rd party controllers:

ps4: ?

ps5: ? - if required

xbox : ?

xbox new gen : ? - if required

planned pedals:

Really close to pulling the trigger on a set of v3 (not inverted?) (<- are v3 pedals that much better than csl elite ones for example? )

dampener x2 (one for the gas + one for the brake)

v3 brake kit that gives you the pieces to adjust the brake (green, yellow, red)

Planned rig:

Haven't made a decision quite yet.. I want a comfy chair but I also want/need a sturdy rig, and cant seem to find that combination.. if any of you have bought a chair + rig separate and put the two together please let me know which ones worked!

Any and all answers are super appreciated!!!! If I missed anything or if somethings unclear let me know

thanks everyone!!

I think you can do with one hori pad for ps4. That will work on both ps4 and ps5.

Go with the V3. It has magnetic sensors and is better designed than the CSL pedals. I only have the BPK on the brake pedal. Well worth it. I don't see the need for the expensive damper kits.

The CSW2.5 is an awesome piece of kit. Yes it is more expensive, but it seems up the task on lasting long.

As for a rim, note that the ones with Alcantare get a smudgy look over time. I think the leather ones are better. Easy to clean offer enough grip.

Hi, I'm in the process of acquiring hardware for my rig so just wanted to make sure I am understanding how to correctly deploy the Drivehub before I empty my wallet. I will have 2 environments, PS4 and PS5.

In both cases:
  • Upgrade Drivehub to latest beta firmware
  • HE Sprint pedals into Drivehub accessory port
  • DD1 PS4 wheel into Drivehub controller port
  • Drivehub into PS4
  • No need for Dualshock 4 controller or Hori pad to be plugged into Drivehub?
Lastly, on the PS5 will I still experience the 10 minute timeout given that DD1 PS4 wheel is officially supported?

Thanks
Your wheel is licensed, it will not have issues on PS5.

Back