Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,303 comments
So based on the above do you guys think that we will have no issues using the drive a Fanatec CSW 2.5 on the PS5 for future games namely GT7.

My 40th birthday in a few months and I think I’m gonna switch from my TX and wheel stand to a full cockpit and new Fanatec gear all around.

The CSL is a little cheaper but since I’m buying everything and it’s mainly for Xbox use I want to spent the extra on the CSW.

Surely it won’t have any issues as the Drive Hub would make it appear as a CSL on the PS5 anyway wouldn’t it?

So based on the above do you guys think that we will have no issues using the drive a Fanatec CSW 2.5 on the PS5 for future games namely GT7.

My 40th birthday in a few months and I think I’m gonna switch from my TX and wheel stand to a full cockpit and new Fanatec gear all around.

The CSL is a little cheaper but since I’m buying everything and it’s mainly for Xbox use I want to spent the extra on the CSW.

Surely it won’t have any issues as the Drive Hub would make it appear as a CSL on the PS5 anyway wouldn’t it?

I don’t think anyone can offer a guarantee on that unfortunately but with the right wired controller it seems to be OK for now.
If you look at the article in GT7 launch window being hinted at in Fanatec end of year results, it mentions plans to launch new PS5 wheels so it might be worth trying to hold out if you can.

CSL or G29. I use it as a G29. I tried the CSL mode, but I prefer the G29 mode. FFB is better imho. And the rotational function of the funcky switch works in G29 mode. I could not get it to work in CSL mode.

I have ordered a Fanatec CSL elite which works with PS4 and PS5 but I also have a Series X so if I buy a Fanatec Xbox wheel I can use the base on my Xbox. Would I be better off just buying the Xbox compatible wheel or would you buy one of these instead (around £100 cheaper for the Drivehub). Is it less messing around with the Xbox wheel and better compatibility etc.
Thanks in advance for any advise.

If you buy the CSL Elite PS4/5 base and use the Xbox wheel rim with it you will be able to use it box Xbox and PlayStation systems without using a drive hub at all.

Quick Question current setup
Xbox series X
Fanatec CSW V2.5 base
Fanatec CSW V3 pedal
Fantac H Pattern Shifter
Mclaren Gt3 V2 wheel
Formula V2 wheel
Xbox universal hub with Forza Wheel
With the drive hub The switches toggles rotary dials will now work? In the case of the Formula V2 the rev lights will work? I would then be able to map the switches etc in ACC with the drive hub . My apologies if this is answered in this thread previously I didn’t see it .
Thank you

all 3 th8a modes are supported
Excellent, thanks.

Am I right in assuming that in the case of my current G25 the TH8A would go in the Accessory port while the wheel is in the Wheel/Controller port and the DS4 in the Controller port, but after swapping to the G923 the shifter would remain in the Accessory port and the normal Controller port would just be left empty as it wouldn't need authentication?

Also, the H pattern mapping is self-explanatory, but how does the sequential work? Simply mapped to the paddles?

Excellent, thanks.

Am I right in assuming that in the case of my current G25 the TH8A would go in the Accessory port while the wheel is in the Wheel/Controller port and the DS4 in the Controller port, but after swapping to the G923 the shifter would remain in the Accessory port and the normal Controller port would just be left empty as it wouldn't need authentication?

Also, the H pattern mapping is self-explanatory, but how does the sequential work? Simply mapped to the paddles?

If you have a PS4 G923 it would go in the Controller port as it will have the PS4 authentication chip in it so no need for the DS4.

Don’t know about the shifter.

@Podger
Quick Question current setup
Xbox series X
Fanatec CSW V2.5 base
Fanatec CSW V3 pedal
Fantac H Pattern Shifter
Mclaren Gt3 V2 wheel
Formula V2 wheel
Xbox universal hub with Forza Wheel
With the drive hub The switches toggles rotary dials will now work? In the case of the Formula V2 the rev lights will work? I would then be able to map the switches etc in ACC with the drive hub . My apologies if this is answered in this thread previously I didn’t see it .
Thank you
Purchased Drivehub button mapping doesn’t work the dials etc toggles are still not working. Am I missing something or does this product only work to use cross platform thanks

Last edited:
@Podger - any info on what the multiple latest beta firmware versions address?
version 2.0.7-beta.8
• bug fix in TM PS4 driver spotted in DR 2.0

version 2.0.7-beta.7
• added new driver Dirt 5
• added new driver for FH4 on Xbox series S/X
• added better support for TS-PC on PS4
• added some 3rd party controllers for us on PS5

version 2.0.7-beta.4
• various bug fixes

version 2.0.7-beta.2
• added support got G923 both versions

version 2.0.7-beta.1
• bug fix for real gear gtpro pedals

Anyone got any advice for ACC working but no force feedback at all. Fanatec csl elite for PS4 being used on Series X with Drivehub. (I'm a bit pissed of as I mainly bought the whole setup for this game). All other racing games work fine. Thanks for any advice.

Fanatec csl elite for PS4 being used on Series X with Drivehub.

Series X is not listed anywhere, that I can see, as being an officially supported platform for Drive Hub. Correct me if I'm wrong @Podger

VBR
Series X is not listed anywhere, that I can see, as being an officially supported platform for Drive Hub. Correct me if I'm wrong @Podger
When I contacted Cronus support 2 weeks ago they said it was fully compatible with Series S and X but in beta on PS5. But I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

Last edited:
so I joined the drivehub gang this week.... i have a CSW 2.5 / Elite CSL LC pedals / BMW GT2 wheel on a PS4.
Followed the instructions meticulously, the wheel calibrates, the numbers flash up on the drivehub C-S-2-5... here we go!!!

Then all I got was a red E illuminating on the drivehub. After probably 2 hours of faffing around trying different things I started to read this thread rather than jump straight in with a 'how do I...' post. I think it was around page 50 something that I found my golden nugget of information.... the usb cable I was using to connect the DS4 to the Drivehub was causing the whole process to fail!! Unbelievable. Even though that same cable will quite happily charge up and operate as normal at all other times. I had to dig out another cable and hey presto... we're up and running!

My only task now is to get my settings sorted for the wheel and pedals :cheers:

Anyone got any advice for ACC working but no force feedback at all. Fanatec csl elite for PS4 being used on Series X with Drivehub. (I'm a bit pissed of as I mainly bought the whole setup for this game). All other racing games work fine. Thanks for any advice.
I tried that setup last night in Series X, worked fine... Make sure you are not in fanalogic mode, check your cables.. Make sure DriveHub is up to date, at least 2.0.5

I tried that setup last night in Series X, worked fine... Make sure you are not in fanalogic mode, check your cables.. Make sure DriveHub is up to date, at least 2.0.5
Thanks for the reply. I've tried different cables, made sure controllers are updated,check I'm in Fanatec mode, wheelbase is up to date and tried starting the game with Drivehub connected already and tried connecting after I started game but no joy. I've noticed i get a slight rumble on the wheel if I hold it on full lock both ways.
I might try a newer beta firmware.

Yes I've just updated to the latest beta and it works :-)
Thanks again

Last edited:
I'm seriously stumped with the latest hardware change. PS4 model G923, TH8A, DriveHub updated to 2.0.5. Everything off, DriveHub plugged in to the PS4, starting from standby by pressing the PS button of a DS4.

Wheel in Controller port, no DS4 - doesn't work, racetrack pattern
Wheel in Wheel/Controller port, no DS4 - doesn't work, racetrack pattern
Wheel in Controller port, DS4 attached - doesn't work, racetrack pattern
Wheel in Wheel/Controller port, DS4 attached - doesn't work, racetrack pattern

In every case it blinks T-H-8-A once and then settles into the cursed racetrack pattern, in other words doesn't seem to recognize the wheel at all. With my old G25 it went G-2-5-T-H-8-A twice, then settled into 0, and everything worked.

EDIT - Flashed to the latest beta firmware and it works. Just as an opinion, perhaps the most mainstream wheel at the moment should be in a release version already.

Last edited:
Now I have the PS5, my PS4 finally moves to the room with my racing seat and g25 set. Only to discover the old wheel didn't work with the PS4... shame on you Sony.

Got myself DriveHub from the UK store... Checked the firmware but already had the latest v2.05. Plugged it in and the wheels and pedals all just work perfectly. I'm using Gran Turismo Sport which is so much easier with the wheel than a dualshock. Rev counter on the adapter is a nice touch!

Well worth the £81 free shipping!

P.S. While researching Drive Hub I got a bit concerned that I might need the co-pilot accessory. But you *don't* need that when using the gear stick or pedals connected directly to your wheel (mines a PC Logitech g25 set). I think you only need that if mixing brands etc. That could do with being clearer in articles / Co-Pilot adverts etc.

Hey hopefully someone can help me out.... I’m running Logitech g920 with pedals and shifter and a thrustmaster tss handbrake/shifter through the drive hub(updated firmware). I’m plugged in to ps5 so I have the wired hori ps4 controller to go with. I plug in to the ps5 and everything checks out, wheel calibrates etc... but the wheel, pedals and shifter won’t respond. The handbrake works but nothing else. I’m at a loss, drive hub has not been helpful with their customer service so far. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

hey guys.
Hope I'm not repeating same question but couldnt find any answer.

So because there's no stock of the Fanatec csl elite (PS version) in europe and the Fanatec 2.5 base seem to be better, are PS5 and the 2.5 wheel base compatible using the DRIVE HUB?

Hello, I have the drivehub connected to Xbox series X. So I can use t-lcm pedals with my logitech g920. When I use a recent beta the hub crashes( pedals freeze and when I press Xbox home button the screen cursor is stuck in the bottom left box) if I press start and select together on the wheel it all reboots and works again more often than not. But it crashes quite often 2 or 3 times in a few hours. I'm currently using latest stable fw and the hub doesn't crash only problem is the start select buttons are swapped.

Edit: updated to beta 8 and much better now. All buttons work and no crashes on pc3 and acc.

Last edited:
Back