Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,303 comments
Curious is they will continue support for the drive hub. I know they did what they could for ps5, but I noticed WRC9 and F1 2020 were never added to the supported games list.

Seen people reporting issues with F12020 and I am not getting the ground,bump feeling on WRC9.

It's been great playing the older games!
on my Xbox so I don't feel I wasted my money, just itchy to play newer titles as well.

Last edited:
Curious is they will continue support for the drive hub. I know they did what they could for ps5, but I noticed WRC9 and F1 2020 were never added to the supported games list.

Seen people reporting issues with F12020 and I am not getting the ground,bump feeling on WRC9.

on my Xbox so I don't feel I wasted my money, just itchy to play newer titles as well.

I can play GTSports and Dirt 2.0 on PS4 with the drivehub. With the only problem I have is with the F12020. I hope that is fixed with the F12021.

Can anyone play F12020 with drivehub on PS4? My wheel is a TSXW.

Attachments

• BBFF882B-B5A3-4389-B018-3FC9104C7027.jpeg
    BBFF882B-B5A3-4389-B018-3FC9104C7027.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 20

WRC 9 works fine on my PS5 with Drivehub (Fanatec CSW 2.5)

I don't have F1 2020 full version, but the demo/trial works fine. I don't have an F1 wheel so not sure if the encoders are supported.

Also Dirt 2.0, GT Sport, Wreckfest all work perfectly too.

Podger - Any thoughts on support for the the Fanatec CSL DD? I know it's still vapourware with no firm release date, but would you expect it to work like the old CSL/CSW?

Last edited:

I don't have F1 2020 full version, but the demo/trial works fine. I don't have an F1 wheel so not sure if the encoders are supported.

Podger - Any thoughts on support for the the Fanatec CSL DD? I know it's still vapourware with no firm release date, but would you expect it to work like the old CSL/CSW?

Weird.. WRC 9 there is no life in the wheel for me using t300 on xbox series x. It's missing all the texture feedback, suspension, bumps, engine, shifts ...

The base FFB alignment torque works though.

Yeah everything else I've tried (Forza Motorsport 7 and Horzon 4, Wreckfest, F1 2019, Assetto Corsa 1, Dirt 5) all work great..

Last edited:
I have a doubt, I play Dirt 2.0 and feel that on PC I don't have much FFB but on PS4 the FFB if you feel it. I wonder if maybe the USB ports on my PC are faulty and not generating the proper electricity. Anybody know anything about that?

Weird.. WRC 9 there is no life in the wheel for me using t300 on xbox series x. It's missing all the texture feedback, suspension, bumps, engine, shifts ...

The base FFB alignment torque works though.

Yeah everything else I've tried (Forza Motorsport 7 and Horzon 4, Wreckfest, F1 2019, Assetto Corsa 1, Dirt 5) all work great..

I have the same problem. I thought it was the settings at first but not getting anything. Strange it works with Dirt 5 but not WRC. Picked it up the other day in the sale just to use with the Drivehub so a little disappointing.

Will future games now be incompatible with the Drivehub? Would be frustrating having only just picked it up! Does any one know if it works ok with ACC?

Hi spitfire77!
Which version of the drivehub do you have installed? Because I have a TSXW and play on the PS4. I have installed version 2.04 and with it I can play the GTSports, Dirt 2.0 but I have problems with F1 2020, the wheel crashes and I can't keep playing.

Last edited:
Hi spitfire77!
Which version of the drivehub do you have installed? Because I have a TSXW and play on the PS4. I have installed version 2.04 and with it I can play the GTSports, Dirt 2.0 but I have problems with F1 2020, the wheel crashes and I can't keep playing.
I’m on the latest beta, but with a Fanatec wheel so your issue might be TSXW specific.

I am on the latest beta (8) using a T300 on xbox series x. Works great on everything I've tried except for WRC9

Would be good to know if they are working on support! Leaves me concerned as a new Drivehub owner that it won’t support any new games moving forward. Dirt 5 was underwhelming but that could just be Codemasters!!

Does anybody use the Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals with the Drive Hub? Are the vibration motors working in this combination (surely when the game supports it)? I use a CSW V2.5 and maybe want to upgrade to the V3's.

Hi!
I am having problems with the thrustmaster TSXW and the new firmware 7. Now I don't feel anything about FFB with the drivehub in any games in PS4.

I have tried all the firmware of the drivehub and with none it works. Anyone know if drivehub will pull out any new firmware?

Last edited:
Does anybody use the Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals with the Drive Hub? Are the vibration motors working in this combination (surely when the game supports it)? I use a CSW V2.5 and maybe want to upgrade to the V3's.

I’m using DH with Fanatec CSW V2 and V3 pedals and the vibration function works for both throttle and brake.

Just had a great session on Truck Racing using the Drivehub on Series X with a G29. FFB working and wheel seemed fine to me. I was frustrated in the PS4 as to get the wheel to stay connected to the game you needed to keep the DualShock on. As the Drivehub needs the controller plugged in as default there were no disconnects anymore.
Also the game is great fun and free to download on Xbox Live Gold at the moment!

Just had a great session on Truck Racing using the Drivehub on Series X with a G29. FFB working and wheel seemed fine to me. I was frustrated in the PS4 as to get the wheel to stay connected to the game you needed to keep the DualShock on. As the Drivehub needs the controller plugged in as default there were no disconnects anymore.
Also the game is great fun and free to download on Xbox Live Gold at the moment!

Not sure I understand your PS4 issue, are you using the G29 with DH on the PS4? Because it is PS4 compatible, if you are using the G29 with DH to use different pedals or shifters etc just plug the G29 into the controller port on the DH because you don't need a DS4 as the DH will just pass thru the G29 to the PS4.

Not sure I understand your PS4 issue, are you using the G29 with DH on the PS4? Because it is PS4 compatible, if you are using the G29 with DH to use different pedals or shifters etc just plug the G29 into the controller port on the DH because you don't need a DS4 as the DH will just pass thru the G29 to the PS4.
I had truck racing for the PS4 but when the wheel was connected it seemed that the controller also had to be connected otherwise the game did not register the wheel. No DH.
Might have been patched but should have been clear not relating to the DH.

To Heusinkveld/Drivehub users.

Do custom pedal curve profiles get saved to the pedals, or does it only work on PC with Smartcontrol running?

Good evening all. Long time DriveHub user, frustrated PS5 owner. I've solved several problems before finding this forum today, but I'm still having a little trouble and hope some of you won't mind helping.

Basics - My gear
Fanatec CSW v2.5
Fanatec F1 V2 style rim (One of the F1 LE models, but basically a V2)
CSL Elite with Load Cell Brake - I plug my brake into the DriveHub "Accessory" USB port, and it works fine in Fanalogic mode
Hori Mini controller - Discovered this was need after getting an HDMI splitter plugged in and using my gear in different rooms as needed (can explain more if desired)
DriveHub - Seemed like 1.07 might be out of beta now, but I've currently installed 1.07 Beta 8 since I wasn't entirely sure which to use (haven't noticed any obvious differences)

Only game I'm using at the moment is F1 2019. Should have bought F1 2020 on sale last week, but was planning on getting F1 2021 for PS5, and I've already got 2020 on PC.

Okay, so I plug the Hori in the first USB port on the DriveHub. I plug the CSW v2.5 into the second USB port. And I plug my CSL Elite with LC brake pedals into USB 3. Turn on the PS5, turn on the TV, turn on the CSW base once the PS5 is on. The wheel spins, the DriveHub shows CS2-5, twice, then goes to a zero and stays that way. Everything looks like a Logitech controller in F1 2019, and presumably I can drive. Haven't actually tried yet, BECAUSE...

My bro-in-law has a similar setup, just no PS5. When he tries to use the F1 V2 wheel, he can't use all the switches and rotary encoders with his Series X. It bums him out, but I think he's gotten over it. So while getting this gear setup, I thought about the Fanatec vs Fanalogic mode, and I figured if I could switch to Fanatec, maybe my setup will be recognized as Fanatec gear, and maybe some of the extra switches and buttons might work? Probably not, but a guy can dream. ;)

That said, with things configured as described above, I couldn't hold the bottom two buttons on the rim, Share and Option, without A) Taking a Screenshot and B) The wheel basics becomes disabled. Reading somewhere in this huge thread, I saw something about you can't have anything plugged into the third USB (Accessory) port if you are gonna switch between Fanatec and Fanalogic, so I unplugged the pedals, unplugged the USB cable from the console, rebooted the console, turned off the wheel, plugged the USB back in, waited for the PS5 to fully boot, turned on the CSW base, and instead of going to a Zero, my DriveHub shows the "E" some folks here have mentioned. Now when I hold the bottom two buttons on my F1 rim, the wheel base disconnects, reconnects, and the F1 V2 screen shows a 2. Holding the two bottom buttons again, the base disconnects, reconnects, and shows a 1. At no point have I seen it switch between F and L. And unless I'm REQUIRED to have my pedals connected with a telephone cable... which has caused me problems in the past... I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get there from here.

So that's it. Are folks really able to switch from Fanalogic to Fanatec mode with the drive hub? Does ANYTHING change with buttons and knobs if you do? If not, and it's just lighter FFB, then I'm probably wasting my time anyway. But thought I'd ask here after all the trouble I've had. Thanks guys!

Merk

Okay... so I'd left my PS5 running while I posted all of the above. I went back to it, went from the "Main Menu" back into the game, and when I went to controller configuration... My controller was identified as a Fanatec CSL controller, rather than a Logitech! At first, I couldn't configure my pedals. (That was because I'd unplugged them to get into the "Fanatec" mode presumably.) I plugged the pedals back into USB 3 on the DriveHub, configured the basic controls, and then for giggles tried to configure the up/down switches on either side of the wheel... AND I COULD! I set fuel to the right set, and brake bias to the left! (Should have tried the rotary encoders, but I find I bump those while driving anyway.)

I then went into Time Trial and AUS and drove F1 2019 for the first time in ages. I find sometimes I bump the clutch unless I wear Puma racing shoes, rather than my regular Nike's when I drive. Made a couple mistakes, restarted laps not once but twice, but the wheel showed my speed on the display, and things seemed to work pretty well!

So now comes the real question. Can you run Fanatec mode on an Xbox Series X? If so, I need to tell my bro-in-law to update the firmware on his DriveHub, plug things in, and see if he can enable Fanatec mode to get his extra buttons working. If so... he will be SO happy!

If you brother has a CSW 2.5 and the Xbox V2 wheel he doesn't need the DriveHub, if not the DriveHub should work, I am pretty sure Podger added Series X support in one of the recent beta firmwares, the wheel buttons etc are game dependent so hopefully if it works on PS5 it will work on Xbox SX.
DH will have to be in Fanatec mode for buttons and encoders to work, as fanalogi mode simulates the G29 or G920 depending on console.

If you brother has a CSW 2.5 and the Xbox V2 wheel he doesn't need the DriveHub, if not the DriveHub should work, I am pretty sure Podger added Series X support in one of the recent beta firmwares, the wheel buttons etc are game dependent so hopefully if it works on PS5 it will work on Xbox SX.
DH will have to be in Fanatec mode for buttons and encoders to work, as fanalogi mode simulates the G29 or G920 depending on console.

Understood about shouldn't need a DriveHub with the Xbox Series X, but he's never been able to configure the switches and rotary knobs WITHOUT the DriveHub. But with the Beta 8 firmware installed on my DriveHub, and plugging into my PS5... I could. I'm actually trying to use MY DriveHub with the that firmware with my Xbox One S now... but I unplugged my pedals USB cable like I did on my PS5, pressed the same bottom two buttons on my F1 V2 rim, and nothing seems to happen. I am in RED / PC mode, so I'm trying to switch the wheel to Xbox One mode... but I'm not having much luck with that either. :(

I'm definitely not having any luck getting my CSW v2.5 and F1 V2 wheel to work with the Xbox One S at ALL while plugged into the DriveHub. Have a Xbox Controller plugged into USB 1 on the DriveHub, my Wheelbase on USB 2, and my CSL Elite USB Pedals connected to USB 3. I turn the Xbox completely off, I plug the DriveHub in, turn on the console, wait for it to fully boot, turn on the wheel base, and both when the DriveHub is connected to the Xbox, and when I turn on the Wheelbase, it shows CSL on the DriveHub LED, but then it shows an E... and despite all the button combos I can think of, my wheel base stays in the red / PC mode, and won't switch to Xbox mode. Maybe it's because I'm using my pedals in USB mode... but I'm not prepared to take my wheelbase off my rig, and use the telephone cord tonight. Really don't wanna do it at all..

Hi! There is a new firmware of the Drivehub (2.0.8 beta 4). I have a TSXW wheel and again it is compatible with the PS4 however still the FFB is a bit low in F1 2020 and on GTSports. I'm sure there will be new versions and the FFB theme will be corrected.

Back