DriveClub has no JDMs at launch???

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 19 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
As the title states. Where are them JDMs at doe? I've noticed this from watching plenty of DriveClub trailers. Was this a lack of foresight from Evolution or what?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08...ch-evolution-in-talks-to-add-them-afterwards/

So I guess they should come in DLC then. However I feel that the game should have at least have a few JDM cars at launch and that DLC shouldn't be some form of damage control for this game. There's a lot of JDM fans out there but anyways, that's my own peeve and I'm just rambling now.

Anywho, what kind of JDM cars would you guys like to see within the DLC in the upcoming months?

For me I'd like to see:

• Subaru Impreza STI (2015)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
  • Nissan Skyline GTR (R34)
  • Nissan GTR
  • Toyota Supra RZ (Mk4)
  • Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
  • Nissan Pulsar Nismo Concept
  • Subaru Legacy Blitzen (BE) (2003)
  • Honda NSX Type R
  • Honda Civic Type R (2015 + EK Hatch)
  • Lexus LFA
  • Lexus ISF
What are your comments also?

Unfortunately no game is going to please all people - GT has plenty of JDMs but others think PD still have too strong a Japanese bias...

As for DLC - who knows which cars will be coming. There will be quite a few, so keep your fingers crossed.

Unfortunately no game is going to please all people - GT has plenty of JDMs but others think PD still have too strong a Japanese bias...
True on that bold part. Pleasing most people would be nice though. Especially with Sony and its wheel situation right now... Thing is with GT, a lot of the iconic JDM cars aren't even premium or simply just not there...

As for DLC - who knows which cars will be coming. There will be quite a few, so keep your fingers crossed.

Will definitely be keeping the fingers crossed.
I'm only touching DriveClub next month though (Varsity exams this month) so I'll see what comes about by then.

I'd like Japanese cars but I'm mostly okay with Driveclub not having them.
Gran Turismo 7 will save me, all I need is a little patience.

With that said, one particular Japanese car I'd really love to see, or rather listen, in the game is the LFA.
That screaming V10 + cruising the countryside = heaven. :drool:

As the title states. Where are them JDMs at doe? I've noticed this from watching plenty of DriveClub trailers. Was this a lack of foresight from Evolution or what?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08...ch-evolution-in-talks-to-add-them-afterwards/

So I guess they should come in DLC then. However I feel that the game should have at least have a few JDM cars at launch and that DLC shouldn't be some form of damage control for this game. There's a lot of JDM fans out there but anyways, that's my own peeve and I'm just rambling now.

Anywho, what kind of JDM cars would you guys like to see within the DLC in the upcoming months?

For me I'd like to see:

• Subaru Impreza STI (2015)
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
  • Nissan Skyline GTR (R34)
  • Nissan GTR
  • Toyota Supra RZ (Mk4)
  • Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
  • Nissan Pulsar Nismo Concept
  • Subaru Legacy Blitzen (BE) (2003)
  • Honda NSX Type R
  • Honda Civic Type R (2015 + EK Hatch)
  • Lexus LFA
  • Lexus ISF
What are your comments also?
Agree with this list 100% (except I would like to see the Evo IX as well).

I like Subaru and Honda. Therefore any car from those manufacture would be great.
Developers can try to make their car list as diverse as possible, at the minimum. No cars from japanese is disappointing in itself, but no cars from this country in a Sony game is really disappointing.

Last edited:
...Developers can try to make their car list as diverse as possible, at the minimum. No cars from japanese is disappointing in itself, but no cars from this country in a Sony game is really disappointing.
Well, not really as the focus seems to lie more heavily with the supercars. It may be a Sony published and distributed game, but Evoloution Studios is a British company, so it's their choice. I know there are a few others vehicle classes in there too, but the majority seem to be 200Ltr V38 fire-breathing super-tuned monsters.

DC isn't even out yet, and therefore its full car list can't in fairness be judged yet, because there may be exactly those things you want added in at the end.

Last edited:
The 50 car launch list is known: zero JDM cars and the only US car is the Hennessy Venom GT. Rest are EU.

The 35 odd DLC cars have already been teased to include more international options. Buy the cheap season pass, profit :)

I'll be passing on this game's season pass. Realized not too long ago season passes and most DLC is just a clever way for the developers to get away with charging people $100 for the complete game while making you think your getting a good deal

The 50 car launch list is known: zero JDM cars and the only US car is the Hennessy Venom GT. Rest are EU.

The 35 odd DLC cars have already been teased to include more international options. Buy the cheap season pass, profit :)

Agreed, there's no American cars either. I would like to see a better mix but honestly, there's a ton of games out there that have a mix of all brands.

Just realized this when I watched the video of all cars. Was surprised of the lack of the LFA. Not even the almighty GTR made the cut. Here's my list.

Lexus LFA
Lexus RCF
Scion FRS
Nissan GTR
Subaru Impreza
Hyundai Genesis GT (Korean, I know)
Toyota Supra
Honda NSX Concept

Don't care for JDM, USDM etc, etc... In fact, I really don't care which country a certain car is localized to.
I have a theory. Will someone inform me if I'm wrong please?

Remember that one VW Pole in GT5/GT6 with the right-hand side wheel? It's a German car. Does that makes it a German Domestic Market car? No. Because the wheel is on the other side, therefore, the car has been adapted to its local market. Let's say...Japan. Because, you know, they drive opposite to Germans. So, that particular Polo, became a Japanese Domestic Market car.

And here's another one. The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is a Japanese car. No doubt about that. But what about the FQ editions? These editions of the EVO are tuned, and sold exclusively in the UK. Does that make make the FQ a JDM? Because I don't think it does.

But anyway. I'm a big fan of Japanese cars. And even have a few American favorites. So I'd like to see a bit more diversity in this game. So far each and every single car in the game is from Europe.

Who would think that? Doesn't every driving game need 137 Mazda Miatas & 94 Nissan Skylines? :boggled: :rolleyes:

Remember that one VW Pole in GT5/GT6 with the right-hand side wheel? It's a German car. Does that makes it a German Domestic Market car? No. Because the wheel is on the other side, therefore, the car has been adapted to its local market. Let's say...Japan. Because, you know, they drive opposite to Germans. So, that particular Polo, became a Japanese Domestic Market car.

And here's another one. The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is a Japanese car. No doubt about that. But what about the FQ editions? These editions of the EVO are tuned, and sold exclusively in the UK. Does that make make the FQ a JDM? Because I don't think it does.

Technically you're right, but if we're talking about manufacturer's countries of origin then Driveclub is all European cars. The Hennessey Venom barely counts as American, I guess...but it's still no C7 Vette, Viper, or Mustang. I'd also love to see Japanese cars just because I feel like the lower classes would definitely benefit from that. I'd take a Toyota 86 over a GTI or Mini JCW any day. And I'd much rather drive an Impreza STI or Lancer Evo than an overweight Bentley or Audi. Not really sure what Evolution Studios was thinking when they developed the roster for this game.

Still, it's kind of interesting in that I can't remember any racing game I've played (and I've played many) that only had European cars. Back in the day when game development was centralized in Japan, it wasn't uncommon to see games like Gran Turismo, Sega GT, Auto Modellista, Enthusia, etc. where at least 75% of the cars were Japanese. But Driveclub is the first I know of the focus on Europe exclusively. Revenge, maybe?

...Still, it's kind of interesting in that I can't remember any racing game I've played (and I've played many) that only had European cars. Back in the day when game development was centralized in Japan, it wasn't uncommon to see games like Gran Turismo, Sega GT, Auto Modellista, Enthusia, etc. where at least 75% of the cars were Japanese. But Driveclub is the first I know of the focus on Europe exclusively. Revenge, maybe?
Possibly, but it's still early days yet with car packs due from next month onwards. The overweight Bentley is fun though, as it's a challenge in its own right that rewards you with a good feeling when you beat all those hopped-up little Ferraris :lol:

Who would think that? Doesn't every driving game need 137 Mazda Miatas & 94 Nissan Skylines? :boggled: :rolleyes:
Hey, the tuner race crowd seem to like them. The world is a big enough place to allow for all preferences, surely?

Back