Driveclub March Update Announced (1.12) Free car and Replays!

• Thread starter JoaoSilva
  • 42 comments
So how does everyone find the revised drifting mode? The update is still taking very long to download on my PS4 (my neighbourhood is JUST inside the ISP coverage area.) Also, the Japanese cars don't even need to be in a separate pack. I'll be satisfied with just the GT-R, LF-A and 2015 NSX. There's no need for Evo to include less cars in a pack for the same price as a regular 5-car pack.

So how does everyone find the revised drifting mode? The update is still taking very long to download on my PS4 (my neighbourhood is JUST inside the ISP coverage area.) Also, the Japanese cars don't even need to be in a separate pack. I'll be satisfied with just the GT-R, LF-A and 2015 NSX. There's no need for Evo to include less cars in a pack for the same price as a regular 5-car pack.
The drifting makes sense now - it's also a lot easier, which I can see upsetting some, but to be frank, I like it as it is now.

The four car in the next pack situation is due to the mathematics of how many cars are being released and over how many months; five doesn't go into that figure, so there will be two packs with four cars but the rest will have five.

How are you guys finding the audio update settings, you can only change the increase in engine sound in the cockpit up +3db and the other cars noise and crashes down to -6db and even turned down seems the same mix as before..I wonder if I am doing something wrong and why you can't adjust the engine sound on cockpit mode to a much higher level , as I prefer those engine sounds to environments or loud crashes out of nowhere.

The four car in the next pack situation is due to the mathematics of how many cars are being released and over how many months; five doesn't go into that figure, so there will be two packs with four cars but the rest will have five.
Oh alright, that makes sense. I just hope they're not the same price as a 5-car pack though. I think it makes sense now because we get two free cars this month instead of just one.

Oh alright, that makes sense. I just hope they're not the same price as a 5-car pack though. I think it makes sense now because we get two free cars this month instead of just one.
I suppose with the Motorstorm Wombat that does qualify as two cars - I take it that's what you mean?

I left the house this morning and left PS4 downloading the patch. Got home few mins ago (around 5pm) and the update file is about to get installed. I'll be messing around with the game tonight and I'll try to upload a vid with the replay feature in all its glory.

Peace.

Edit: right now I'm rendering the video from Sharefactory to PS4's capture gallery. Then I'll upload to Youtube.

Last edited:
I suppose with the Motorstorm Wombat that does qualify as two cars - I take it that's what you mean?
I was actually referring to the 599XX Evoluzione. Didn't know that the Wombat was also releasing this month.

How are you guys finding the audio update settings, you can only change the increase in engine sound in the cockpit up +3db and the other cars noise and crashes down to -6db and even turned down seems the same mix as before..I wonder if I am doing something wrong and why you can't adjust the engine sound on cockpit mode to a much higher level , as I prefer those engine sounds to environments or loud crashes out of nowhere.

From Evo Facebook:

Important developments to be aware of (coming after 1.12):

» Additional audio options for cockpit camera.

I was actually referring to the 599XX Evoluzione. Didn't know that the Wombat was also releasing this month.
Ahh, I'm with you now. I'm not sure that the Wombat buggy will be out this month, I don't think anyone really knows for certain what that's all about - I suppose we'll see soon enough.

I left the house this morning and left PS4 downloading the patch. Got home few mins ago (around 5pm) and the update file is about to get installed. I'll be messing around with the game tonight and I'll try to upload a vid with the replay feature in all its glory.

Peace.

Edit: right now I'm rendering the video from Sharefactory to PS4's capture gallery. Then I'll upload to Youtube.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/driveclub-video-thread.317977/page-8#post-10542398

Just posted a video with the replay features in the videos tread.

From Evo Facebook:

Important developments to be aware of (coming after 1.12):

» Additional audio options for cockpit camera.

Cheers @aSaNG :cheers:I saw that afterwards. For now if it helps anyone else I have managed to get the sound inside pretty much as loud as the other views. I didn't realise but the new option for SFX Master Volume (settings>audio settings>SFX master volume) says 100% as default but this actually goes up to 130%! which isn't that clear as most sound EQ volumes only go up to 100% so I didn't think to change this one. With this on full and the engine on full (+3db) and the other sounds down to -4db this brings the roar of the engine in the cockpit and the crashes, skids and bangs down to a better level.👍

Cheers @MeanElf tried on quite a few cars now and it is better but still not on the same levels as the other views-I will await the new audio update for the cockpit sounds when it arrives. 👍

Back