Driveclub Sound Thread

• Thread starter GT22
  • 15 comments
This game has some superb audio, not just in engines.....
Amazed this thread has so little discussion.

More vids GT22

My only gripe is that kerbs have NO BASS (low end HZ) in the external views, yet the cockpit/internal views although sounding closed in have very good BASS in their effect.

Wish this was fixed as I prefer the "audio openness" of the external views but love the tactile/buttkicker effects from internal views.

This game has some superb audio, not just in engines.....
Amazed this thread has so little discussion.

More vids GT22

My only gripe is that kerbs have NO BASS (low end HZ) in the external views, yet the cockpit/internal views although sounding closed in have very good BASS in their effect.

Wish this was fixed as I prefer the "audio openness" of the external views but love the tactile/buttkicker effects from internal views.
The bass sound would be highlighted by sound conduction which essentially turns a car into a speaker box, at least so it seems to me.

Yes from the perspective of the enclosed environment of the interior "bass emphasis" should apply.
Although from a game/interaction perspective, both tarmac & bonnet cams would be enhanced if they produced more meaty bass effects for the tyres on kerbs.

The difference between these and internal views regards is night/day.

I seem to remember this question from their FB page...

Granted that the interior sound is in general a lot quieter than it probably should be, but to manipulate an exterior effect so that it sounds like an interior one, just seems wrong to me. I know you can already have an exterior sound for the interior, which I personally don't like the idea of either.

Still, they seem to do this kind of thing for the players, so maybe you'll get the option at some point.

Check this out guys:

Well, to be honest, I think everyone knows how good DC's sounds are by now.
I remember watching some sound comparison with Forza 5/HZ2 and, well, DC make those game sound like cheap ripoffs. I'd say that DC sounds are even more detailed than PCars and AC.
They still did some silly things like the Murcielago/Reventon pre 1.18 which sounded too low on rpm (now fixed) and the F50 using the same sample from the Enzo.

Some nice things to know about the audio of Driveclub
Full list includes also graphics, weather and more
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/51-details-about-driveclub-on-ps4/

38. Each reference car was fitted with at least 16 separate microphones to authentically capture the sounds of the engine from 360 degrees, inside and outside of the car. Some had four mics on the exhaust alone.

39. In-game, the engine sound reacts to your perspective. Pan around a stationary car gunning its engine and the sound shifts with the camera position (relative to where the engine is).

40. When you race, the engine sounds are different based on which of the six camera views you choose — inside or outside of the car. You’re not hearing the same engine audio with a filter — it’s all recorded separately.

41. The recordings were so accurate that BMW and Mercedes-Benz AMG requested copies to replace their existing library.

42. In many cases, Evolution’s audio captures are the most high definition recordings of these cars in existence.

43. Bespoke sound effects were recorded for every action in the game. You won’t hear a single stock sample.

Yes very very nice audio all round in DC. When I first heard the rain and wipers going from the interior I was amazed. Sound really add to immersion. Music is great too.

I haven't played for a while but when I watched a replay the cars engine sound from the trackside cameras only seemed quieter than I remember ... Am I hearing things?

Keep up the goodness Evo!

Some here may agree but personal thoughts...
This once ridiculed game from an "entertainment perspective" is VERY underrated...

There is a lot of untapped potential that DC have yet to discover with car sounds.

The rotary whine of an RX7, the classic burble of the Eagle E-Type Speedster, the V10 yowl of the LF-A, the muscular all-American V8 engine in custom Mustangs, the high-revving VTEC goodness from the Integra Type R, and so much more.

When the current car list sounds this good, its amazing to see what they can do next.

Latest Posts

Back