Driveclub - Steep Learning Curve

• Thread starter BasherB59
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
London/UK
BasherB59
I've been a fan of Driving games for several years now.
Mostly Playstations (1-4), but a couple on PC or the original X-Box.

I've especially enjoyed the Gran Turismo series, and Codemasters TOCA's.
Reflecting Real Cars & Tracks.

But I'm not averse to Arcadey Racers, loved all of the various Ridge Racers, Need for Speeds and have played a couple of others like Project Gotham Racing.

I'm somewhat frustrated by Drive Club, as it looks great, I love the expanding variety of tracks & weather / time-of-day changes. But I'd also love the option to save a Replay of the Race, mostly just for my own amusement/enjoyment. I find the photo mode a bit finnicky, but that might just be me !

The biggest gripe I have, is the "enforced" steep learning curve. The expansion packs are great, but all that seems to be added is faster & faster Supercars. Great for some, but surely not for all ?

Why not supply a bit more variety in the Hatchbacks, etc. Give Novices & Amateurs more of a game to get their teeth into. Because once you've acheived all of the stars in a particular race or series, you're fairly unlikely to re-visit it. Unless you're sure that you could do a much quicker time.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ability to practise on certain tracks, or do one-off races at whatever level you require or find challenging. It's the main...career type part of the game I feel should be more rewarding, early on.

Nic (owner of Bravissimo59)

The replays should be with us later this month by all accounts, also you are not alone in asking for more hot-hatches. You really should revisit some of the already completed races though, as it can be quite rewarding to use a different car, and of course, once you have all three starts, the event is open for any DLC cars from that category too.

This Koenigsegg one:1 is silly, way faster than the rest on most tracks, so if you wana compete for overall top spot you have to buy the DLC 👎

This Koenigsegg one:1 is silly, way faster than the rest on most tracks, so if you wana compete for overall top spot you have to buy the DLC 👎
I complained about this in the main thread. It's a bit of a shame.

when I started the game I was worried about the faster cars but now I'm fine with them. doing the full career does a good job of stepping up performance I think. Just stick with it and it should get easier with the fast cars

I complained about this in the main thread. It's a bit of a shame.
Actually, some folks over on Reddit are saying they can't select the One:1 for online - so it looks like that car is excluded from online unless it's a one-make race.

Actually, some folks over on Reddit are saying they can't select the One:1 for online - so it looks like that car is excluded from online unless it's a one-make race.
I think the original poster meant Time Trial leaderboards @MeanElf.

I think the original poster meant Time Trial leaderboards @MeanElf.
Ah, okay - well, like I said before, if anyone is truly serious about a leaderboard position, then they likely will have the season pass anyway (though Zakspeed might well be the exception in this case.)

Ah, okay - well, like I said before, if anyone is truly serious about a leaderboard position, then they likely will have the season pass anyway (though Zakspeed might well be the exception in this case.)
I understand the stance but it still doesn't make it right that Evolution chose to make a car that is so blatantly better behind a paywall. I know people have said that's it's tougher to use and what not but personally I've not found it a struggle at all, just at lower speeds it can be a bit drifty and annoying.

I've had total crash-outs that still set a better time than a perfect run in a Pagani. :lol:

I understand the stance but it still doesn't make it right that Evolution chose to make a car that is so blatantly better behind a paywall. I know people have said that's it's tougher to use and what not but personally I've not found it a struggle at all, just at lower speeds it can be a bit drifty and annoying.

I've had total crash-outs that still set a better time than a perfect run in a Pagani. :lol:
Yeah, I know it's a point of contention - maybe a bad decision sat behind putting that car into the pack rather than as the monthly freebie. I suppose I look at it as not being anywhere near as bad as certain other games developers with their pack pricing - but I can certainly appreciate your point.

Yeah, I know it's a point of contention - maybe a bad decision sat behind putting that car into the pack rather than as the monthly freebie. I suppose I look at it as not being anywhere near as bad as certain other games developers with their pack pricing - but I can certainly appreciate your point.
As far as DLC schemes go, I'd struggle to find a developer as gracious as Evolution on PS4/XBOne. I think this is more of an 'oversight' as opposed to blatantly trying to force purchases. The One:1 was the kingpin of the Downforce DLC, it would have inspired a lot of purchases purely because of the hype surrounding the car itself...it's a shame that it's segmented the leaderboards but there have been worse crimes on other racing games.

No i don't have the season pass, the top spots i got in the vemon GT have been blown away by the one:1 now,
so the only way to challenge is to buy the DLC 👎

But your right, im not that serious about the leaderboard now, as they won't get any more of my money. :D

Back