DRIVECLUB T300 wheel problems?

• Thread starter STEVE182rs
  • 35 comments
England
ENGLAND
STEVE182rs
Ok i have noticed a few wheel problems on this game, would like to hear if anyone else is having any?

1 Setting wheel rotation at the start of every race, even when the game is paused game it switches
back to 900, is there any way round this? i run at 360, even setting wheel rotation on laptop doesn't
work, its just back to 900 when back in game.

2 When setting wheel rotation to 360 in game the FFB drops a huge amount, anyone else noticed this?

3 Missed gears, when gearing down mainly. Is this a wheel fault or something to do with the game?

Would like to hear your views on this and if anyone has any other problems.

Cheers

The gear missing thing is a part of the game. It's actually something that I like, as it comes closer to how we can't rapidly drop through the gears in real life; but that's just me.

The gear missing thing is a part of the game. It's actually something that I like, as it comes closer to how we can't rapidly drop through the gears in real life; but that's just me.

Oh really, well its good to hear it's not a wheel problem. Am not dropping that rapidly and it happens, wouldn't say it was realistic at all.

Ok i have noticed a few wheel problems on this game, would like to hear if anyone else is having any?

1 Setting wheel rotation at the start of every race, even when the game is paused game it switches
back to 900, is there any way round this? i run at 360, even setting wheel rotation on laptop doesn't

2 When setting wheel rotation to 360 in game the FFB drops a huge amount, anyone else noticed this?

3 Missed gears, when gearing down mainly. Is this a wheel fault or something to do with the game?

Cheers

Setting wheel rotation on a PC doesn't save those settings internally in the wheel when you connect it to a laptop. In fact, whenever you power down the wheel, it goes back to its default settings when you connect it to a console. That's normal operation.

Oh really, well its good to hear it's not a wheel problem. Am not dropping that rapidly and it happens, wouldn't say it was realistic at all.
Well, what I meant I suppose is that you can drop gears unrealistically in most other racing games, ergo: changing down only when the revs allow it, is more realistic - at least that's what I think Evolution were aiming at.

Well, what I meant I suppose is that you can drop gears unrealistically in most other racing games, ergo: changing down only when the revs allow it, is more realistic - at least that's what I think Evolution were aiming at.

Think so too, but its a bit overdone.

For the other points, I cant comment cause I run it at 900° and like it a lot like that, but I can try if the FFB gets weaker with 360° later.

Think so too, but its a bit overdone.

For the other points, I cant comment cause I run it at 900° and like it a lot like that, but I can try if the FFB gets weaker with 360° later.

Yeh if you can mate that would be great, i hope pcars has more wheel settings than this game.
Will just stick to hot happing in this game, Zonder r and the Ferrari 458 Italia are great fun.

Yeh if you can mate that would be great, i hope pcars has more wheel settings than this game.
Will just stick to hot happing in this game, Zonder r and the Ferrari 458 Italia are great fun.
I would imagine that Project Cars will have a lot more focus on wheel settings, after all it's meant to be a full sim, where pretty much everyone driving on it will be using a wheel.

Indeed, DCs FFB settings are severely limited, pcars is on a whole different planet in that regard. You can basically compose your own FFB, whereas here, you are limited to FFB strength off/low/medium/strong and thats about it.

@STEVE182rs - I tried the different rotations and you are right, the less rotation, the lower the resistance. The FFB effects themselves stay about the same, its just the resistance that gets lowered when using smaller rotations. That said, no idea how you can play with 360°, way waaaaaay to nervous and twitchy for my liking. Maybe thats why you are so bloody fast and I m not... :D

Indeed, DCs FFB settings are severely limited, pcars is on a whole different planet in that regard. You can basically compose your own FFB, whereas here, you are limited to FFB strength off/low/medium/strong and thats about it.

@STEVE182rs - I tried the different rotations and you are right, the less rotation, the lower the resistance. The FFB effects themselves stay about the same, its just the resistance that gets lowered when using smaller rotations. That said, no idea how you can play with 360°, way waaaaaay to nervous and twitchy for my liking. Maybe thats why you are so bloody fast and I m not... :D

Thanks for testing that mate, so i know my wheel is fine. For me wheel settings are a must, you need to find the sweet spot, 900 is way to much for me, am sure i could adapt but no point, i shall just set to 360 and hot lap, its just a quick warm up on a new system really, for the big one coming soon.

I am enjoying driveclub tho, looks great and the sense of speed is very good. Just a shame i can't race unless its at 900, or i could give everyone a head start while i'm setting my wheel :cheers:

You iz welcome, dude. Cant you already set the wheel rotation while in the DC menus? Also try 540°, that was a nice compromise for me, also bit stronger resitance than 360°.

You iz welcome, dude. Cant you already set the wheel rotation while in the DC menus? Also try 540°, that was a nice compromise for me, also bit stronger resitance than 360°.

No mate i don't think that works, only at the start of the race, even if paused it loses rotation.

Sounds like something you should let them know about. Folks here have found Evolution to be responsive on Twitter and FB about such stuff.

another wheel problem is the FFB resets to 100%. I have set the FFB strenght to 60% and sometimes it gets reseted to 100%. To correct this I have to go to the wheel settings and just switch the FFB strenght 60 - 70 - 60.
This is problem in online race when you don't have time to go into settings.

hmm.. having T300 now for 8 weeks and so far no issues (touch wood). Since i added gear shifter TH8A my FFB is down from 70 to 50% as often driving with one hand... it did rip the wheel out of my hands in difficult situations.
Why would anyone set on 360 degrees? Am i missing something?

Here is the photo how i modified wheel stand to accompany shifter.

wheel%2B%28leather%2Bdiy%29.jpg

hmm.. having T300 now for 8 weeks and so far no issues (touch wood). Since i added gear shifter TH8A my FFB is down from 70 to 50% as often driving with one hand... it did rip the wheel out of my hands in difficult situations.
Why would anyone set on 360 degrees? Am i missing something?

Here is the photo how i modified wheel stand to accompany shifter.

Less degrees of rotation means you don't have to move the wheel as far to get a response. Some people like their wheels more sensitive. I don't use 360 except for F1 driving, but some people like it that low for many cars.

Less degrees of rotation means you don't have to move the wheel as far to get a response. Some people like their wheels more sensitive. I don't use 360 except for F1 driving, but some people like it that low for many cars.

interesting... I will try but somehow i think wheel will be too twitchy and unstable driving. Then there are wheels like T80 with narrower angle. Whats the point of T300 if to reduce wheel spin to T80 levels? But as i said, I have no clue :) I shall try 360 and see for myself.

interesting... I will try but somehow i think wheel will be too twitchy and unstable driving. Then there are wheels like T80 with narrower angle. Whats the point of T300 if to reduce wheel spin to T80 levels? But as i said, I have no clue :) I shall try 360 and see for myself.

It usually is too twitchy for most cars except Formula cars. Formula cars almost require super sensitive steering in order to steer the car at extreme speeds. Generally most other forms of race cars and street cars fall in between 540-1080 degrees of rotation but then again, the steering lock also plays a role in that but that's another story.

"What's the point of T300 if to reduce wheel spin to T80 levels?" Preference and flexibility. I'm guessing that it also costs more to make a wheel capable of higher degrees of rotation since you hardly ever see a low price wheel with 900+ degrees of rotation.

When i started this game i ran 900 rotation and just wasn't happy with it, especially when it come to fast suff 900 was way to much. Once i found my sweet spot at 360 took me a few hours to get my first world record in the Zonda r.
I have always run around the 500 mark, its just finding the right balance, and as there is no tuning in this game wheel rotation is the only option.

Last edited:
how do you judge the ffb in this game? i tried it now with my new t300gte and is surely seems limitated, it reminds me of f1 2012 ffb with high speed understeering simulated with ffb vanishing and reappearing. My i have to try it again and try to drive properly. i'm using 100% and is not hand ripping. I'm not sure if the wheel is fully working or not, from the control panel everyhing ok.

how do you judge the ffb in this game? i tried it now with my new t300gte and is surely seems limitated, it reminds me of f1 2012 ffb with high speed understeering simulated with ffb vanishing and reappearing. My i have to try it again and try to drive properly. i'm using 100% and is not hand ripping. I'm not sure if the wheel is fully working or not, from the control panel everyhing ok.

Hi! The ff in Driveclub is weakish but you get used to it. When I started I had the ff force at 100% but I recently reduced it to 60%. It now seems to fit my wheel actions quite well.
Oh and more importantly, remember to put the arcadey wheel vibration setting to OFF in the wheel settings menu for better feel.

Hi! The ff in Driveclub is weakish but you get used to it. When I started I had the ff force at 100% but I recently reduced it to 60%. It now seems to fit my wheel actions quite well.
Oh and more importantly, remember to put the arcadey wheel vibration setting to OFF in the wheel settings menu for better feel.
thanks for the advice, indeed i removed the vibration immediatly, it was so annoying. There is also the option assisted steering. Now i have set to off. right? thanks again.

Cheers

i've had no problems with my T300RS. i just use the default rotation settings, i'm guessing if it's lowered to 360 the avatar's hands wouldn't match up to my real hands in cockpit cam view. be interesting to know which view you guys play in to benefit from the 360 or 500 degrees.

i set my vibration to low to reduce noise, will try turning it off completely to see what that's like. i lowered the FFB to 40% after a long and tiring session and forgot to turn it up again for ages, now back at 70% and it's much easier to control - won't be lowering that again!

and as for the downshifts - i also agree with the design choice of not letting us downshift too quickly, seems more realistic but was certainly a bit odd at first.

my biggest gripe is the in car engine volume is not loud enough and is hard to hear the revs but i don't think they'll ever adjust it seeing as they just put the rev counter HUD option in that view in the latest update.

i've had no problems with my T300RS. i just use the default rotation settings, i'm guessing if it's lowered to 360 the avatar's hands wouldn't match up to my real hands in cockpit cam view. be interesting to know which view you guys play in to benefit from the 360 or 500 degrees.

i set my vibration to low to reduce noise, will try turning it off completely to see what that's like. i lowered the FFB to 40% after a long and tiring session and forgot to turn it up again for ages, now back at 70% and it's much easier to control - won't be lowering that again!

and as for the downshifts - i also agree with the design choice of not letting us downshift too quickly, seems more realistic but was certainly a bit odd at first.

my biggest gripe is the in car engine volume is not loud enough and is hard to hear the revs but i don't think they'll ever adjust it seeing as they just put the rev counter HUD option in that view in the latest update.

I use 360 or 540 depending on the car, and view wise i use dash or bonnet cam.

The game is still in need of in game rotation settings

I use 360 or 540 depending on the car, and view wise i use dash or bonnet cam.

The game is still in need of in game rotation settings
yes, i have the wheel too but i'm using the default 900° which sometimes are really hard to manage in this game, making you slower. what have i to do to change the degrees? use the panel on pc or there is button combo? thanks

yes, i have the wheel too but i'm using the default 900° which sometimes are really hard to manage in this game, making you slower. what have i to do to change the degrees? use the panel on pc or there is button combo? thanks

You have to change the rotation on the wheel, 2 flashes for 360 3 for 540. But you can only do this when the Race/TT starts.
So really your limited to only doing it in TTs, and thats why in game rotation settings are needed.

Info here http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00155.pdf

found this on a PS forum:

To manually change the angle of rotation on the wheel, you need to simultaneously hold the Mode button and either the Left or Right button on the D-Pad. Left will decrease it, while Right will increase.

The red light will then flash:

1 Flash - 270 degrees

2 Flashes - 360 degrees

3 flashes - 540 degrees

4 flashes - 900 degrees

5 flashes - 1080 degrees.

Although keep in mind you'll have to repeat this process you start the game. As the game automatically sets the wheel rotation to whatever the developers have set it to. Some games do allow you to change the rotation in options.

Back