Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Not sold on the "GT7 News", Xbox already has a next gen game, PC already has Project Cars, while Playstation has nothing.

GT6 is keeping me afloat at the moment, but not having even a proper racing game is really getting me into the decision of selling this thing altogether.

There was: Planetside 2 (which was said to be released early in the PS4 release), also War thunder (which is EU only, which makes the plus subscription in the US useless on the PS4), Driveclub which was said to be released at launch to be delayed at the last moment, BF4 which was hideously unstable on it and Killzone which didn't stood a chance with GT6 on the PS3.

I might get KZ, however it does bugs me that despite being able to play PS4 titles on the Vita, I have more fun playing titles in the Vita itself.

The controller is great, the system itself is somewhat impressive (it can output a data stream with a 1080p to a handheld device) and the library seemed impressive ... until they started with the delay thing.

Last edited:
Seeing the teaser video of gameplay from Scotland, I'm pretty much sold on Driveclub and hope to get it soon after release. This and pCARS will likely be the biggest racing games on PS4 in 2014. The video looked like it was located along the shores of Loch Ness in the Highlands.

Looking forward to it.

How come this game doesn't even have its own subforum?
It might do when it's actually out but I don't really see much need at this point in time. With the expection of 3,000 wish lists I don't know what threads really need making.

I asked a guy at my local Gamestop about Driveclub and he said it comes out April 1st. I dont know how true that is, especially considering the fact that everyone is saying June.

So, I decided to repost the car list for anyone that didnt saw it yet (since it is 10+ pages behind):

Car list so far:

Alfa Romeo
4C [1] [2]

Ariel
Atom V8 500 [1]

Aston Martin
Vanquish [1] [2]
One-77 [1]
V12 Zagato [1]
V12 Vantage S [1] [2]

Audi
A1 quattro [1] [2]
R8 V10 plus [1] [2] [3]
RS5 [1]
RS6 Avant [1] [2] [NEW]
TT RS (plus?) [1]

BAC
Mono [1]

Bentley
Continental GT Speed [1 - 0:18s]

BMW
M235i [1]
M3 GTS [1] [2]
M5 [1 - blue car]

Caterham
SP/300.R (?) [1] [2] [NEW]

Ferrari
F12berlinetta [1]
458 Italia [1] [2]
599 GTO [1] [2] [NEW]
California [1] [2]
430 Scuderia [1] [NEW]
FF [1] [NEW]

GTA
Spano [1]

Gumpert
Apollo Enraged [1] [2]

Hennesey
Venom GT [1]

Koenigsegg
Agera R [1 - 2013 model year rims]

Lotus
Exige S [1]
Evora S [1] [NEW]

Marussia
B2 [1]

Maserati
GranTurismo MC Stradale [1] [2 - 0:16]

Mini
John Cooper Works GP [1] [2] [NEW]

McLaren
MP4-12C [1]
P1 [1] [2]

Mercedes-Benz
A45 AMG [1]
CLA45 AMG [1]
SLS AMG Black Series [1] [2]
C63 AMG Black Series [1] [2]
SL65 AMG 45th Anniversary Edition [1]

Pagani
Huayra [1]
Zonda R (2011) [1]

Renault
Clio RS [1 - 10s on the video]

RUF
CTR-3 ClubSport [1 - 0:01, 0:07, 0:11] [2]
RT-12R [1] [2] [3]
RGT 8 [1 - 19:38]

Savage
Rivale Roadyacht GTR-S [1] [2 - 14:38]

Spyker
C8 Aileron [1]

Volkswagen
Golf GTI [1] [2] [NEW]
Beetle (R-Line?) [1 - 10s on the video]

UPDATED 14/08 (Gamescom). 49 cars so far (from ~50).

Last edited:
Bit of an amendment -

The Savage is the GTR model judging by the wing:

Savage-Rivale-Roadyacht-GTS-and-GTR.jpg

...and the Spyker is a B6 Venator, judging by the interior:

interior_04.jpg

👍

I think I ruled out the GTR because of the exhaust (and some other details). It just looked like the GTS with a wing - and since we dont know how much customization is in the game (or in the real car), I think is safer to say it's the GTS. It can be the GTR-S, but I dont think they even made one yet.

The Spyker is definitely the C8. Look at the dials on the central column. The video was also posted on the official DriveClub facebook page as "Fighting to maintain a drift in a Spyker Cars C8 Aileron".

I asked a guy at my local Gamestop about Driveclub and he said it comes out April 1st. I dont know how true that is, especially considering the fact that everyone is saying June.

I wouldn't trust him either, since that's April Fool's Day.

My local GS told me the samething, right when he said "April 1st", and just told him he "can't fool me" :lol:

Until I hear anything official, I'm just going to assume we have to wait a little while longer, Early Q3 maybe? would rather we get a good, polished driving game rather than a buggy and flawed one.

The only thing that April 1st date has going for it is that its a Tuesday which we all know is US release day for games.

This game would be immense with a oculus rift type device.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Oculus Rift developers said they won't make one for PS4 & XBOX One. Too complicated and the resolution of the game on the googles would be very hard to play with.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Oculus Rift developers said they won't make one for PS4 & XBOX One. Too complicated and the resolution of the game on the googles would be very hard to play with.

Can't see why Sony or MS can't develop their own though.

Latest Posts

Back