Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
I only felt vibrations and no other FFB at all.

There is a hint of centering spring, but it's very very weak. It's also highly dependent on what rotation you set your wheel. I have mine at 600 degrees but when I used to use it at 720 it was even weaker. At 900 degree it's probably non existent. I agree vibrations are the most dominant FFB (and it's fantastic I might add, better than a lot of sims even).

The last race of the Elements Tour is just pure evil man. I need a new set of eyes :ill:

Just 3 more championships to go and I'm done with DC DLC Tour. Well the car part at least. Haven't touched any of the bikes stuff yet. I'll still do it for completion but it won't be as exciting for me. You know it's a great game when you feel sad when the end is near. There are very very few racing games I've played in my life where not a single race feels like a grind, and I'm looking forward to the next race with as much anticipation and excitement as the first one. Every race is fresh. Just incredible what Evo Studios managed to do, and quite sad knowing we probably won't see the likes of Driveclub again for a long time.

The Veneno is probably my favourite car in the game, and probably one of my favourite virtual cars ever. The sound, the handling, the looks. Man it's godly :bowdown:

The last race of the Elements Tour is just pure evil man. I need a new set of eyes :ill:

Just 3 more championships to go and I'm done with DC DLC Tour. Well the car part at least. Haven't touched any of the bikes stuff yet. I'll still do it for completion but it won't be as exciting for me. You know it's a great game when you feel sad when the end is near. There are very very few racing games I've played in my life where not a single race feels like a grind, and I'm looking forward to the next race with as much anticipation and excitement as the first one. Every race is fresh. Just incredible what Evo Studios managed to do, and quite sad knowing we probably won't see the likes of Driveclub again for a long time.

The Veneno is probably my favourite car in the game, and probably one of my favourite virtual cars ever. The sound, the handling, the looks. Man it's godly :bowdown:

nice to see people still enjoying this. to me driveclub is probably the most underrated arcade racer in the history of arcade racers. might have not been that great when it launched, but everyone who gave up on it after launch is at a loss. the game is brillant in it's final state.
and to this day best rain visuals.

nice to see people still enjoying this. to me driveclub is probably the most underrated arcade racer in the history of arcade racers. might have not been that great when it launched, but everyone who gave up on it after launch is at a loss. the game is brillant in it's final state.
and to this day best rain visuals.

Too bad its unplayable for me with the FFB broken for my T-GT.

well, since i am a pc player primarily it was always a bit hard for me to play with the 1080p and 30 fps when actually got used to 4k or 1440p and higher refresh rate monitors. but still a lovely game nevertheless
it's really really a shame that they closed the studio before the game could've got some PS4 Pro patch. i bet they could've upped the resolution or at least implement some sort of 60fps mode.
to this day i dream of a pc version with everything maxed out. a dream truly.

The Bike stuff is awesome as well.

Well I'm playing with a T-GT and it's okay. As long as you're not expecting Assetto or GT levels of FFB fidelity it's playable. In fact I'd say it's got better FFB than some Codemasters Grid/Dirt games of the PS3 era.

The Bike stuff is awesome as well.

Oh I'm sure it will be. But I'm just more a 4 wheel fan than 2 wheel :P I can't use the bumper cam (fender?) with bikes because of the leaning, so I have to use chase cam which I never do in racing games usually. Also I can't use my wheel because it just feels so wrong, so I have to use the pad. So immersion factor is going to be less as well. My only other bike racing game experience is Burnout Paradise. It's fun, it's intense, but ultimately the feeling of riding is just not as enjoyable for me as driving.

I still play this game everyday and what struck me is why did Evo model the McLaren 650S and MP4-12C based off their Right-Hand Drive models? :odd:

Dan
They’re based in England, so it’s really not a radical idea that they would only have a RHD car to model.
I thought they was based somewhere in San Diego.... i guess I better do my research next time lol:lol::lol:

Well I'm playing with a T-GT and it's okay. As long as you're not expecting Assetto or GT levels of FFB fidelity it's playable. In fact I'd say it's got better FFB than some Codemasters Grid/Dirt games of the PS3 era.

Oh I'm sure it will be. But I'm just more a 4 wheel fan than 2 wheel :P I can't use the bumper cam (fender?) with bikes because of the leaning, so I have to use chase cam which I never do in racing games usually. Also I can't use my wheel because it just feels so wrong, so I have to use the pad. So immersion factor is going to be less as well. My only other bike racing game experience is Burnout Paradise. It's fun, it's intense, but ultimately the feeling of riding is just not as enjoyable for me as driving.

There is no FFB for me, only some rumble effects. there is no feel of the tires at all. Perhaps you have another version firmware?

There is no FFB for me, only some rumble effects. there is no feel of the tires at all. Perhaps you have another version firmware?

It's subtle but the FFB is there. If you're used to strong FFB you might not feel it. Even on sims I usually have my FFB set quite low so maybe I'm just more able to "feel" things.

I don't remember the exact firmware number, it's whatever came with the original T-GT. I updated it recently to the latest firmware and it seems to be slightly worse, but still very usable.

181003080727731694.png

181003080727899690.png

181003080728303311.png

181003080728772388.png

181003025029986713.png

181003025030159145.png

It's subtle but the FFB is there. If you're used to strong FFB you might not feel it. Even on sims I usually have my FFB set quite low so maybe I'm just more able to "feel" things.

I don't remember the exact firmware number, it's whatever came with the original T-GT. I updated it recently to the latest firmware and it seems to be slightly worse, but still very usable.

I compared it whith my experience when I had a G29 and i am pretty sure a great deal of FFB is absent. Only the wheel centering and some rumble effects.

So, apparently, DC 4 year anniversary was a couple of days ago.

I bought the game pretty much at launch, barely 3 weeks after the release date. It is such a great game, with so many things that were done right. Sounds are the absolute best among the racing games IMO (and i played a lot of them). Physics are surprisingly good for an arcade: easy to learn, but hard to master. Track design is great, graphics still look insane and the weather system... Oh boy

I'm still immensely triggered at Sony for closing Evolution Studios. PD is getting away with so much stuff when they make their games and Evo got instantly punted just because the game had a messy start. Not denying it, the start was indeed messy, but you could still see the potential in the game.

One of the best racing games i've ever played (and still playing)

-----------------------------------

EDIT: Btw, anyone here want to help me out with DC Bikes trophy? The one that involves saving a replay in an Online race? Because the open lobbies in DC Bikes seem to be dead, no racers at all. Would really appreciate it :gtpflag:

EDIT: Btw, anyone here want to help me out with DC Bikes trophy? The one that involves saving a replay in an Online race? Because the open lobbies in DC Bikes seem to be dead, no racers at all. Would really appreciate it :gtpflag:

I'd be happy to help with the trophy. Just send me an invite on PSN, and we'll figure something out.

@sebmugi Nice pictures, but we do have a sub board specifically for Driveclub photos ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/dc-photo-mode.367/

@Bricks50 Unfortunately that's not happening, ex-evolution team was fired from Codemasters already. Rushy is now working at Slightly Mad Studios.

On the other hand Codemasters should bring back the GRID series. Many people would likely enjoy GRID 2 successor.

Grid autosport was already the successor. But a Grid 4 (chronologically) would bring them in direct competition with GTsport, PC and the upcoming GTR 3 and ACC. At the moment they dont have any serious competition in F1 and rally games. It would be a hard sell to take that risk with so many once succesfull studios closing down.

@PocketZeven Grid Autosport was more focused at simulation (I'm not saying it is a sim, as it's clearly not), but at least for me it tried to be more realistic. Completely different after Grid and Grid 2. I think that there is defintely a place for arcade racer with point to point or city tracks (like in grid 2), as it wouldn't be a direct competitor to all the games you listed. But as you said, they are playing safe and probably won't take the risk again, especially after what happend with On Rush.

I compared it whith my experience when I had a G29 and i am pretty sure a great deal of FFB is absent. Only the wheel centering and some rumble effects.

I believe you. I tried my G25 with Drivehub and it does have a lot of force. But I feel most of those are just damper and centering spring (aka "fake forces" if you're used to setting up FFB in PC sims). It's not helpful in driving, and only serves to make the wheel heavier because the in game physics doesn't model actual tyre SAT forces. The "wrong" FFB with my T-GT only leaves rumble and pure physics forces, and for me that's more important to go fast. In a frantic arcade game like DC, a light wheel also helps when you need to make lots of quick corrections as well.

Codemasters need to make Driveclub 2 with pit stops and hi res graphics and more customization.

I feel like if they make DC2, they should just add more cars and tracks in different locations. Maybe a few more game modes (pursuit? knockout?). The driving mechanics IMO is perfect for its type of game and adding pitstops are just going to make it another sim wannabe. Customization I'm in two minds. A more detailed livery editor would be amazing, but I wouldn't want bodykits or performance tuning. These supercars are perfect for what they are and should be appreciated as such.

I think the reason why I love DC so much is it cuts a lot of the bull**** from modern racing games. It harks back to the old style racing games. Just you, car and track. Just drive and don't think about anything else. Sure there's faceoffs and XP bars to fill, but you can easily ignore those as they don't really add to gameplay that much. No story mode. No hand holding. No setting up lots and lots of different options. Pick car, track and GO!

I'd like to be able to add normal traffic to the roads as a form of free room. All these perfect driving roads we have in the game feel awfully empty without traffic. Also, as much as I love the tracks in the game, I would do unspeakable things to have Nurburgring Nordsleife added. I really like the point to point tracks, but they just end too soon.

I think the reason why I love DC so much is it cuts a lot of the bull**** from modern racing games. It harks back to the old style racing games. Just you, car and track. Just drive and don't think about anything else. Sure there's faceoffs and XP bars to fill, but you can easily ignore those as they don't really add to gameplay that much. No story mode. No hand holding. No setting up lots and lots of different options. Pick car, track and GO!

That is exactly why i loved it, absolutely spot on. It felt modern but at the same time slick and without unnecessary bling bling.

Currently i play Horizon 4 and while it looks, sounds and drives like a great arcade racer, it's so overblown with all sorts of stuff you can do, all sorts of rewards and bling bling, it's nauseating, really. It gives me ADHD plus a seizure just from taking all in.

A DC² would be a great thing, do not touch the phisique which is very good in its kind. just cars and more circuits .. with today's graphics .. :bowdown:

Back