Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
Driveclub Fb's Post:

We are working hard to get everyone online as soon as possible.
We have just released another server update that has increased the number of players racing which is good news, but in order to keep building on these numbers we will be running further updates in the coming days that will affect availability of some of the online game features.

Some functions are temporarily unavailable including challenges and social updates, but for those of you that can connect, you will still be able to participate in clubs, leaderboards and online multiplayer races.

This is in addition to the single player Tour mode, custom solo events and car customisation that are available even when you're not connected. We appreciate this isn't ideal but this is really the best way for us to improve server performance and online play for everybody, and we will be switching on these features as further progress is made.

Thanks for bearing with us and sending us your supportive comments. Believe us, we know how frustrating this is for you and we are working non-stop to find the best solution to get you all connected and racing together online.

Did they even try the servers before release? It would seem to me even a small test would of shown the problems.

Everything worked fine Monday. I got my game a day early and played for a few hours on Monday and there wasn't a single issue and there were many people playing online. It all started Tuesday on release day. Don't know that it was related but even on Monday there were some clubs that had an incredible amount of achievements and XP, so I don't know if there was a cheat or a hack that they're trying to fix. Either way, I'm pissed at this point that the servers are still offline.

Last edited:
001_zps517e4899.gif

I was looking forward to this game. Of course it is not Gran Turismo, but as a taste of what next gen racing could feel like, I was excited. I am becoming weary of buying into the hype for games this generation. None have lived up to their hype. Watch Dogs, Destiny, and now this.

You're right; while X1 users are rejoicing with H2 and FM5 (not all though), the PS4 has yet to release that killer title that will just take gamers by surprise.

I'm hoping (and quite confident) GT7 and PCARS will be among them. Particularly GT. As always, the exclusives should be unforgettable.

I'm still leaning towards the PS4 so far - extra hardware oomph. But I gotta see the games first before deciding (whenever I get to).

...the PS4 has yet to release that killer title that will just take gamers by surprise...
How about Resogun? That game surprised a lot of people, plus there are others that I would certainly class as worthy of rejoicing...DC being one of them.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot War Thunder - definitely a ton of people playing that game now that they have both air and ground forces up and running.

Last edited:
To be honest I never actually had any hype about this game, but it's very fun (for me at least) but I also feel that there isn't much to do after the career, I'm hoping once the servers are fixed that will change.

You're right; while X1 users are rejoicing with H2 and FM5 (not all though), the PS4 has yet to release that killer title that will just take gamers by surprise.

I'm hoping (and quite confident) GT7 and PCARS will be among them. Particularly GT. As always, the exclusives should be unforgettable.

I'm still leaning towards the PS4 so far - extra hardware oomph. But I gotta see the games first before deciding (whenever I get to).

last two gt sucked so bad i almost moved to microsoft, i do not have any hope in Kaz and his team. They are cleary out of this world now.

Is it just me or does the Driveclub servers always seem to be down???

It's not my internet as everything else works flawlessly.

Same problem here. Got connected only for seven minutes during my first game. Then, it went disconnected or can't connect at all until today. :grumpy:

Yeah, there have been server problems for a lot of the time. There was a new patch last night, which hopefully will stop the problems.
Just recorded this video of the Audi RS6 Avant :)
Nice inside look at what folks can expect - I also like that stage too, especially at night.

I got online okay earlier and everthing seemed smooth enough, though it cut out again after an hour - not sure if it came back up as I had to get back to sleep. It will be Wednesday before I can play this for an extended period, so I have no idea how frequently the online drops out.

Back