Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
It was a shame that you couldn't do joint car/bike races. I assume it's because they probably use different physics or some such, but it would've been fun to mix it up like that.

I'll never max out the country and bikes accolades.

Last edited:
Not that anyone cares, but a few days ago I finally completed all Accolades in Driveclub+Bikes (minus the 3 online ones - multiplayer event, solo challenge, team challenge).

Took me just over 3 years and 57000 km driven in game. If I average 200 kmh, that equates to 285 hours of driving (or almost 12 days :crazy:). The bike manufacturer distance accolades are the most soul crushing - my stats show I've driven 26000 km in bikes despite a much shorter career and fewer vehicles, so it's a lot of grinding in single race. I just do one 25 lap race a day so that's why it took me this long :lol: Not recommended, especially now that servers are offline and your XP means nothing.

Anyway, still love the game. I think it's one of those games that defines a generation and I will certainly remember it fondly for many years to come 👍
Project Cars 3 has a lot of Drive Club feel to it. If you dont have it maybe give it a try. Some from Evolution Studios worked on this game. I bought it because it reminded me of Drive Club

Project Cars 3 has a lot of Drive Club feel to it. If you dont have it maybe give it a try. Some from Evolution Studios worked on this game. I bought it because it reminded me of Drive Club

Yeah that's an interesting way of putting PCARS3. I am disappointed that they deviated from the sim route of PCARS1/2, but if you see it as a Driveclub successor it might work. I'll get onto it one of these days...once I've finished with my never ending Steam backlog :lol:

Yeah that's an interesting way of putting PCARS3. I am disappointed that they deviated from the sim route of PCARS1/2, but if you see it as a Driveclub successor it might work. I'll get onto it one of these days...once I've finished with my never ending Steam backlog :lol:
I take it your on PC then? I've heard it looks better on PC vs PS4.

Yeah I'm basically only using my PS4 for GT/DC/NFS (because NFS wasn't on Steam until recently). I doubt it will look better though, my system is nearing 7 years old now so I probably have to turn down lots of the graphics settings :lol:

PC3 does look better on PC than PS4, but it still doesn't look great, it's, unfortunately, more poorly optimised visually than the first two titles.
I doubt it will look better though, my system is nearing 7 years old now so I probably have to turn down lots of the graphics settings :lol:
Safe to say it's likely to hurt the eyes.

Freeroam mod.

Not yet, it doesn't stick after restarting or loading a new track. This Chile track has the biggest area to drive around that I've tested so far. Also ran a few of the India tracks and there's bits scattered about out of bounds you can drive, but most of the time the car just drops down and gets pulled apart.

I'm also looking into the gameplay free cam

india71kcs.jpg

indiadriveclubobjtc.jpg

Nice work @Whistle Snap, expanding your wings beyond GT Sport I see :D Would be cool if you can somehow remove the barriers separating the different layouts on the city tracks, to make it feel like a true free roam city!

I'm finding it such a pretty hard task to agreeing on this. Only franchise with a feel to it was precisely its spiritual predecessor, Project Gotham.

Most of the tracks in pc3 are enclosed to begin with, with just three or four countryside ones.

And then the handling, the physics, the weather effects, the again too wide fov on third person that kills this view, and Driveclub had it very low as it should be..., there's so many things that make pc3 not comparable to Driveclub.

And finally, Driveclub had that spirit to it. PC3 has none, and feels like a mess.

Damned the day Sony killed this game and dismissed Evolution Studios (best WRC games on the ps2 era of tremendous quality, if anyone had forgotten). I still can't believe they opted for the absolutely out of date GT franchise and killed that which probably was best arcade racer of the generation without the annoying dumb festival teen atmosphere found in Horizon. Driveclub had the mature atmosphere feeling to it, capital to me too.

It appears that the Club cars are not available if you start from a fresh save. That sucks.
No way to unlock them anymore. Sucks losing my save file after 500 hours too.

Last edited:
It appears that the Club cars are not available if you start from a fresh save. That sucks.
I don't think club cars are a great loss, specially after the miriad and most interesting dlc cars we got.

Did you try restoring from the online backup? I'm scared of this happening in the future to me at some point. It just sucks with games nowadays having some online portion, there's always a chance of things getting locked forever once the server goes down. Even worse in the future when game streaming becomes prevalent :scared:

Did you try restoring from the online backup? I'm scared of this happening in the future to me at some point. It just sucks with games nowadays having some online portion, there's always a chance of things getting locked forever once the server goes down. Even worse in the future when game streaming becomes prevalent :scared:
Long gone as I did not have a console for 9 months and no PS Plus for well over a year. Online saves are only active for six months after termination of Plus subscription. Gives me a reason to play through all the events again though. This game is still gorgeous to look at.

Back