Driver or Collector?

  • Thread starter Thread starter silicon1138
  • 42 comments
  • 2,918 views

Collector, Racer or both?

  • Do you prefer to collect cars?

    Votes: 19 11.6%
  • Do you prefer to just race?

    Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Do you prefer a good balance of the the above?

    Votes: 133 81.1%

  • Total voters
    164
Yeah I started this game with with the intent to just race and complete the series and races mainly in A-Spec, but when I realized that would only last a couple of weeks I decided to become more of a collector. Now I would say I have a good balance, I find the cars I want then turn around and race them in as many competive races or series it is elible for. :) Mainly trying to collect as many race cars as possible.
 
Collector
I guess since i have over 70 Vipers and 60 corvettes
-_-
 
I've been buying anything and everything that I think is remotely interesting since day one, which is why I've never had over 5M at any point and why I've been grinding Indy over and over to buy that shiny new (used) thing in the UCD that I just don't quite have enough money for.

Now that I'm up to the endurances, which frankly I don't have the time or inclination to complete, I've been going back through my garage and testing out cars on other races - eg taking my 190 Evo out for the first time yesterday in the European Challenge. That way I'm having an enjoyable race and still earning some cash
 
I collect some cars for racing, others just for cruising..

Every car in my garage has a minimum of 24 km on the odometer..
..because every car I buy, it's immediately tested on the Nürburgring..
 
I collect to drive :)
 
At first collecting cars was a tad boring but as of late I'm quite excited entering the UCD to see if I can find some of the missing cars on my list ... 700+ different cars and counting ...
 
I've become somewhat obsessive about collecting, if I see a car I want, I buy it. I also enjoy collecting certain models, such as every generation of Mitsubishi Lancer. There's also what I like to call, "Classic GT" cars, one's that I've used since GT1/GT2 such as the Honda Prelude '91 or Nissan Primera. I tend to grind Indy to fuel my habit. :)
 
I want to be a collector soon.

Gotta catch em' all, as they say.
 
I collect and drive my cars. Very few of them have zero miles. Most have mileage in multiples of 12.9 miles :D
 
I am a driver, i just pick certain automobiles i like and compete them right away
 
I'm both, collect and race.
It's unlikely we will see another GT for some time so I want to enjoy all aspects of the game. :)
 
Both, although my fave part of all is taking relatively anonymous cars, tuning them until they barf, and then take a lap of the Nürburgring or the Top Gear Test Track.
 
Back