Driver Rating - How does it work?

Sweden
Gothenburg
kisuhoudai
I've done about 30-40 online races now and been watching some youtube and reading here, trying to come to grips with DR. It's clear that if you drop positions you probably drop in rating as well as the opposite in general. Negative effects are stronger if you drop positions against lower rated players and vice versa.

What I wonder is what exacly gives or takes rating?
- Does gaining positions increase rating or is it only your final position that decides your rating for a race?
- Does starting position and qualifying affect rating?
- If gaining positions increases DR, and starting position doesn't what is the point of qualifying? (assuming that is the case).

I find my self matched against Dr D and Sr S when I do daily races which is the same as my rating. Last few days I've qualified pretty good and starting between 3-8 which is a step up for me. Unfortunately I've had accidents in the races where I get tapped and then crash out. Then I climb back to a similar position as where I started, and in the end I lost a few Dr points. I'm just trying to understand how it works and how I could gain more, since I find my self stuck between 1000-1500 points. Yes, more experience will definitly help me advance, but I'd like to understand what motivates the scoring.

It's all about your finishing position in relation to the DR ratings of everyone else in the race. Overtaking and being overtaken don't come into it. The exact formula is below, but essentially finish in as high a position as possible!

For every car you finish in front of you gain:
80 - ((Player DR - Rival DR))/500)DR

For every car you finish behind, you lose:
80 + ((Player DR - Rival DR))/500)DR

This article is also worth a read https://www.gtplanet.net/unravelling-mysteries-gt-sports-driver-rating-system-improve/

Max DR you can gain per race I believe is 1200 while max you can lose is 3450

Unless they work with negatives in the calculation, then it’s 3450 max in both directions.

@Granadier You can gain or lose up to 160 points per player. The maximum is 19 x 160 = 3040 either gain or lose. You only get that maximum if your DR is 40K higher or lower than everyone else's in the race.

Plus you can gain or lose an extra 1,500 DR for changing DR rank.

And you can lose it all when your SR drops too low. Btw disconnects count as losing to everyone that finishes the race. Once you are in the pre race lobby you have wagered your DR. (If the room crashes and everyone is disconnected you only lose 5 SR for the disconnect and no DR is exchanged)

Thanks for clearing it out for me. This info should be available in the game along with the driver stats I belive.

Just won my first race today after qualifying first, also for the first time. Gr4 on mt panorama. Got lots of points. Then lost it all trying to race the Beat :)

Seems hard to combine the two.. constantly beeing smashed from behind or ppl deciding to overtake where theres no way both will make it out. *sigh* and I'm losing SR like a sink bomb.

At least doing decent recovering making the Dr go up. And I'm the only corvette around so it's fresh among all silly FF cars around.
20191120_232752.jpg

View attachment 867913 Ok I'm starting to get the hang of this! Drive the longer race C to keep SR high, do race B to more quickly improve DR.

Glad you're having fun :)

I only do Race B on my main account if I'm REALLY confident with the combo. One mistake can put you right to the back with no time to recover. Race C can be really good for DR too as there are 20 drivers rather than 16 to take DR from :)

As you say though Race C is where you go to get your SR back.

Back