Driver Rating Increase/Decrease

• Thread starter Robben
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I know a lot of people here like to look into the detail of GT Sport, so I am wondering...

Does anyone know the rough formulae and/or point values for DR increases and decreases? How many points are you likely to gain or lose from a win, mid-pack or last finish? If you maintain your position (or door number) will you have a net loss/gain?

My theory is that the door number is your finish position as projected by the system. They have accumulated data on every racer in every race and calculate where you'll finish, before you ever step on the gas. Kind of like handicapping in horse racing. Again, just my theory, if you finish above your door number, your Dr goes up; below the door number your Dr goes down. This assumes clean races and no wrecks. So sandbagging isn't going to work since the system knows how good you are.. Hi

My theory is that the door number is your finish position as projected by the system. They have accumulated data on every racer in every race and calculate where you'll finish, before you ever step on the gas. Kind of like handicapping in horse racing. Again, just my theory, if you finish above your door number, your Dr goes up; below the door number your Dr goes down. This assumes clean races and no wrecks. So sandbagging isn't going to work since the system knows how good you are.. Hi
Yeah, I made a thread about door number last week and someone explained that it is sorted by dr points. However, I'm wondering about actual number of DR loss/gain...

Edit:

If you are interested, the theory is here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/door-number.373612/#post-12159187

The higher you finish the more points of DR you get.
The lower you finish the more DR points you lose.
The cleaner you are the more points of SR you get.
The dirtier you are the more points you loose.

That's all that is important.

Last edited:
It might just be me, but it does feel as if the DR system has been less stingy since the last update. I actually managed to climb up to a C after months of being a low D. And I haven't really done anything different.

It might just be me, but it does feel as if the DR system has been less stingy since the last update. I actually managed to climb up to a C after months of being a low D. And I haven't really done anything different.

You may not consciously be doing anything different, but you are more experienced, know the tracks and cars etc.

Also, others will be progressing up the ranks, so you will be racing against "true" Ds and Cs as opposed those passing through.

You may not consciously be doing anything different, but you are more experienced, know the tracks and cars etc.

Also, others will be progressing up the ranks, so you will be racing against "true" Ds and Cs as opposed those passing through.

I managed to drop back down to a D yesterday, though. In an effort to be less afraid of overtaking other drivers and trying to be clean, I've been a bit more competitive.

In case you need a little bit of background:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/winless-in-over-100-races.374359/page-4#post-12179704

Last edited:
Back