Driver Swap doesn't take over?

• Thread starter slthree
  • 12 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
I was looking forward to the driver swap feature so that I could take a break and use the restroom and maybe do some stuff around the room while the AI raced for me.

After the driver swap my car just sat there in the pits and I was thinking that something is wrong here.

It did the swap but I was still in control of driving. Is there no way to have the AI drive a leg for me?

Thanks guys.

This is terrible news for me. Driver swap with the AI actually driving is my favorite feature of PC2, despite the fact that it’s a bit quirky. It allowed me to do longer endurance type races. My eyes can’t take three hours of racing in one sitting.

Also, I enjoy watching without the pressure of driving.

Thanks guys.

This is terrible news for me. Driver swap with the AI actually driving is my favorite feature of PC2, despite the fact that it’s a bit quirky. It allowed me to do longer endurance type races. My eyes can’t take three hours of racing in one sitting.

Also, I enjoy watching without the pressure of driving.

You can always save mid race. Then you can quit and when you go back just make sure you choose "resume session"

You can always save mid race. Then you can quit and when you go back just make sure you choose "resume session"
Have you tried that feature? Does it work? This would be a good option. For some reason, I thought this feature want working correctly but I can't remember where I heard that. It was by on this site though

Have you tried that feature? Does it work? This would be a good option. For some reason, I thought this feature want working correctly but I can't remember where I heard that. It was by on this site though

Yeah ive used it quite a bit. I use it before i pit in case i disqualified for something stupid in the pits. Just do it on the straight. You can save any time and as often as you want

Idk what the save does. I've used it before and it doesn't save. It even has said it failed to load save. But normally it just takes me to the very beginning of the session.

Idk what the save does. I've used it before and it doesn't save. It even has said it failed to load save. But normally it just takes me to the very beginning of the session.
The save does work. For me, it worked flawlessly and I thank @SlowGrayAudi in a BIG way because I was DQ'd for exiting the pits too fast.

Fortunately, I had saved on that back straight away before I came around the corner to pit.

@losbuttcheeks after you save, you can drive as many more laps as you want but when you run into trouble or get disqualified you have to completely quit out of the session.

then when you're back in your mode, instead of restart session you have to hit "resume session". To take you back to the moment you saved can you take off from there

The save does work. For me, it worked flawlessly and I thank @SlowGrayAudi in a BIG way because I was DQ'd for exiting the pits too fast.

Fortunately, I had saved on that back straight away before I came around the corner to pit.

@losbuttcheeks after you save, you can drive as many more laps as you want but when you run into trouble or get disqualified you have to completely quit out of the session.

then when you're back in your mode, instead of restart session you have to hit "resume session". To take you back to the moment you saved can you take off from there

Im glad you got it working. Its a life saver when the game is as strict as it is.

I save every few laps now just in case something stupid happens. I started the Paul Ricard enduro and its 2hrs long on short. I got to finish my first stint and then it was time for work. Im glad we can save it, vs leaving the console running.

Yeah ive used it quite a bit. I use it before i pit in case i disqualified for something stupid in the pits. Just do it on the straight. You can save any time and as often as you want

Oh. Great idea. I was extremely irritated when after long race i screwed up and didn't break in time in Pit Lane xD

Back