driver's aids

  • Thread starter Thread starter stry67
  • 7 comments
  • 636 views

stry67

(Banned)
Messages
126
Messages
smokezeke
If you can keep a car on the track without them, is it generally faster to not use them?
 
Well yes off course. It can shave seconds of lap times if your used to it.
 
i was able to beat vettel today but i needed traction control 1, skid recovery 0n, active steering mild, without it i couldnt beat the vettel challenge
 
I've only used aids on a couple of events, one of them being the Sebastian Loeb Challenge. Yes, you're generally faster without them, and to me the races are more exciting. Sort of like, "I earned that win" and not "Ehh, I won...again" if that makes sense :crazy:
 
If you can keep a car on the track without them, is it generally faster to not use them?

Yes.

Try turning off Traction, Stability, and Active Steering for a "slow" car (like stock 200hp car). You'll probably be faster instantly.

With practice you can be faster with all cars with the aids off (especially those 3!).
 
absolutely yes, except with SRF.

^This. I think ABS and driving line (don't know if it counts, because it doesn't affect the car) on also help to make a better time:).
 
Back