Drives like an idiot!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter paulfindon
  • 42 comments
  • 4,723 views
We have a love hate relationship me and my driver. Sometimes I love him, and sometimes he pisses me off...
 
Funniest thread I read tonight, B spec actually quite enjoyable for the times I had to rest my thumb or other things. I'm actually looking forward to M.Chang to handle the endurance I know for a fact, I probably won't attempt it myself in A spec for a while.
Still a long way to go tho :)
 
Actually the best way to leave his "personality" bar is just before it turns red, like 1/3 past the middle. He'll drive hard, but not hard enough to make mistakes. This may be different for long races because of the strength bar. I let my driver go on one race when he had the lead and his laps were 3-4 seconds slower when it was completely in the blue. He lost the race after gaining a 12-second lead early on.
 
I just started doing this but im already lvl 6, its all about the car you give him, in the beginning events i started him off with the mugen civic 87, then to the lancer rally car 99 now onto the opera s2000 04 all prize cars. I first gave him my 815hp lp760 lambo and it was a joke so you rly gutta start off slow with him and cant just throw him in a super car.
 
I put my driver in a 650bhp Nissan Fairlady, the car tops out at 230mph at SSR-7, has good handling/traction and very good acceleration. He then went and lost the supercar challenge at high speed ring. I have no idea how he can drive such fast cars so slow.

I then put him in the horrible Murcielago Chrome, tuned to 720bhp (though slower than the Nissan), and he was able to win, and absolutely thrash everything at daytona, but at nurburgring it took him 2 tries (and i further tuned the car after the first loss), he only won at the last corner because the Mclaren F1 spun off. It seems B-spec Bob likes 4WD cars, and especially doesnt like tuned up japanese imports.
 
He did make me smile earlier, he performed a perfect 'pit maneuver' on some arse who was nudging him....

good lad :)
 
When I started my guy out, he was useless. The first car I gave him was my mid-level tuned Camaro '69 (FR), which he only seemed able to drive sideways, spinning at nearly every corner, the second car I gave him was my FF Suzuki Swift '07 (Stock), but he kept braking early for no apparent reason, and because of the cars lack of power, he never made up the time he lost effing around on the brakes.

So finally, I bought a used VW Bora V6 4WD, and he can actually drive that okay. Atleast he can drive it in a straight line! :)

He's level 6 now. Still a long way to go before he can handle a man's car I think.
 
I've let all of my guys cut their teeth on a tuned '98 Prelude with good results. Giving them the best tires possible helps a lot of course.
 
My B Spec window licker Z. Brennan seems to be able to do an admirable job of driving my Maserati GranTurismo S, and I was so impressed I even let him take my Veyron to the French cars only cup. He actually utterly thrashed both races without smashing up my Veyron! I was quite impressed with him!

On the other hand, the truck challenge at daytona he isn't able to do with a fully tuned F150 lightning pushing almost 800hp...maybe I'll try that one again except spam the PACE UP button the whole race. Wish I could cut the brake lines on the truck before the race...braking at daytona...sheesh...FOR SHAME!
 
Step 1: Never spam "increase pace" during or before a turn

...

Step 2: win
 
I put my driver in my ZZII for the very first race. He seemed to enjoy it. So far that is my only race with him but I can tell we will get along well.
 
Step 1: Never spam "increase pace" during or before a turn

...

Step 2: win

quoted for truth! Also, no harm in increasing pace while in a long straight line... Just remember to tell him to slow down BEFORE the next curve!
 
Back