Driving Force GT flashing light problem

Afghanistan
Afghanistan
After spending nearly a year in the box, I've decided to take my DFGT out for a spin, since I'm hyped about getting GT6 next week. It works without any problems in the first day.

On the second day however, the problem begins to appear. I plug the wheel in the PS3, and it doesn't calibrate. I went with the old-school solution - blowing on the USB plug - and it worked for the rest of the day.

On the third day, nothing works. Nothing I do helps, no blowing, no reconnecting... nothing.

What's wrong with my wheel? I really don't want to take it apart, or take it somewhere to repair it. I also don't want to have to spend $150 on a new one.

Try using some canned air on the PS3s USB ports, be sure to use port 1, and if you can, maybe try the wheel on your computer?

Try using some canned air on the PS3s USB ports, be sure to use port 1, and if you can, maybe try the wheel on your computer?

I have tried cleaning the PS3's ports, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I can try getting my laptop out of the wardrobe and install the drivers to see if it works. I suspect the problem might be in the wheel itself, which is why I'm afraid of opening it.

Sounds like a power supply problem... although I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone bad for good. :(

I'd try and get my hands on another power supply to see if that's the problem. The DFGT is a fairly common wheel, so you could find one relatively easy. You could even go to a retail store, take your wheel and ask them if they'd let you test it with one of their demo wheel's power brick.

Sounds like a power supply problem... although I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone bad for good. :(

I'd try and get my hands on another power supply to see if that's the problem. The DFGT is a fairly common wheel, so you could find one relatively easy. You could even go to a retail store, take your wheel and ask them if they'd let you test it with one of their demo wheel's power brick.

I've considered that, but the problem isn't with the supply, since the wheel doesn't work even when plugged in only with the USB. I'd hate to have it done for, but maybe I can get another one with GT6.

I just found this thread and had the same issue. In my case, I had the power supply plugged in to an outlet that I didn't realize was switched off. I figured I'd leave that here in case somebody else randomly stumbles upon this thread.

Just bought one litteretly brand new never used worked fine disconnected mid game and whenever i plug it in the middle logo blinks and nothing else the wheel isnt recognised or anything yet nobody has had this problem from what i have seen and any similar issues involve taking it apart.

I have the same issue, after 6 months of use (It wasn’t new), whenever I plug the wheel to the power cable and a USB port, the “GT” light in the middle of it will just blink, no FFB, no buttons working either

Back