Driving force GT wheel & standing starts

  • Thread starter Thread starter tooheys77
  • 19 comments
  • 1,861 views
Messages
10
Apologies if this sounds like a really stupid question, but I've just bought the Logitech driving force GT wheel along GT6 and love it. I've now come to the first licence test which is a standing start and when pressing the accelerator the car just revs but does not move. I've tried all the buttons but can't figure out what I need to do, it must be pretty obvious but not to me!

PLease help!

Thx
 
Is the car possibly staying in neutral? I.e., you might have to shift into first when it says start? I've never had that problem, but I'm wondering if that might be it.
 
using the dfgt without problems, you may take a look at the button assignment.
do you have gt6 patched up to the latest version?

it can be bugged as many things in gt6 are, so you may try completing the licence with ds3 controller until a patch that fixes this is out.
 
Latest version downloaded and in automatic transmission, so that can't be the issue...
 
Are the pedals plugged in?
 
my dfgt has an 38 at the end of the p/n number, maybe its a problem with the revision you are using, latest patch has a 792 ending(europe)
 
Pedals plugged in as revving sound is there, but just tried the DS3 and the same problem!!! It shows first gear but accelerating just doesn't do anything, I'm going mad!
 
Try reinstalling the game data. I use a DFGT and have no problems right now. But this wheel does glitch sometimes.
 
Your welcome, glad I could help.
 
I've seen the same bug more than a handful of times with my Fanatec wheel and pedals. I think it is just some type of bug with pedals. Restarting the whole game solves it, but a quicker fix is to turn off the wheel and turn on a controller (DS3 for me). Move the car with the controller. Turn off the controller. Turn back on the wheel and it's fine again.
 
hope its ok i use your post.
i have same whell and i love to hate it :)
it´s nice and all, i just cant figure out how to make it respond more to me turning the wheel
if er turn the wheel ½ way round the car only do 1/4
that make it very hard to catch the back end when i go on power too fast
In grid 2 i can adjust the degree so the wheel get more responsive, this is a wheel sold as official GT wheel i must be doing something wrong.
If this wheel cant be adjustet in game is there a wheel that can ?
 
Not sure your exact issue but my set would have the brake not fully come up sometimes. If the car was stopped it wouldn't go and if you were rolling it just killed the lap times do to riding with the brakes held somewhat.
If you have the issue again look at the lower left where you see the amount of brake and throttle you are inputting. See if you have any red showing on the brake.
 
? the issue is that the wheel on the car don't turn like my wheel, thats a problem i have to turn wheel mutch more than
than normal, that make i hard to correct the car when is looses backend.
 
Placing a short section of round, foam pipe insulation behind the brake pedal gives a better feel and keeps the pedal in zero position.
 
There is a solution to this problem, you can change the settings for the wheel, there was a thread to this for GT5.
Will post answer for you in morning.
 
Works also on DFGT (1=start 2=select)
1+2] + O = ~670°
[1+2] + S = ~450°
[1+2] + X = 900° Resets to default
[1+2] + T = ~240°


https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/
link to införmation

Have read it and it does not work on DFGT it work on DFpro
i lige the thing on my wheel where i can adjust a lot of car settings in race from wheel.
i really dont under stand wat GT 5 and 6 cant set degree on this wheel Grid 2 can.
 
Is the GT6 compatible with any wheel other than Logitech and Thrustmaster?
 
Back