Driving Force Pro, G25 or Driving Force GT?

As I cant run to the cost of a G25, looks like the best option between the DFGT and DFPro is the GT model. As my hands are getting worse these past few months, not that my feet are much better, :ill: I think the DFGT would help me enjoy playing GT5p, and hopefully GT5 when it gets here a lot more.

Thanks for all the posts on these two wheels, made for interesting reading with all the pros and cons. 👍

I know money is tight but I would HIGHLY recommend the G25. Even if you have to work and wait a little longer. It is worth it. Not just for GT5 but for all the great PC sims that take FULL advantage of all its features. With games like GTR Evo the G25 is simply superb. Amazon usually has the lowest prices so I would check them out. I got mine fore $220 which is a relative steal.

I have both the G25 and DFGT, and I'm very impressed with the GT wheel. If you don't want to play PC games and aren't real hot to use the clutch and 6 speed shifter, you aren't really missing anything with the DFGT, it's practically the same. The paddles on the GT are at your fingertips, and the pedals are much stiffer with the G25 and made of metal, but those are the only real difference. While the GT is said to work with PCs, mine is exhibiting the same weird behavior on my new PC as my DF Pro did with my old PC before it fried it, so I sprung for the G25 and have been happy with it. Just $200 US used but in flawless condition.

I hear the Fanatec wheels are very good too, and the Carrera is supposed to be $130 and includes a clutch, so those are worth checking out. The Fanatec 911 wheels however will set you back more than $300.

Last edited:
Just to add, sometimes when I use clutch with ONLINE race, I sometimes mess up big time with miss-shift and a person overtakes me. It's fun but you really need good hang of it with precision.

Sometimes cheaper wheel is better!

I have both the G25 and DFGT, and I'm very impressed with the GT wheel. If you don't want to play PC games and aren't real hot to use the clutch and 6 speed shifter, you aren't really missing anything with the DFGT, it's practically the same. The paddles on the GT are at your fingertips, and the pedals are much stiffer with the G25 and made of metal, but those are the only real difference. While the GT is said to work with PCs, mine is exhibiting the same weird behavior on my new PC as my DF Pro did with my old PC before it fried it, so I sprung for the G25 and have been happy with it. Just $200 US used but in flawless condition.

I hear the Fanatec wheels are very good too, and the Carrera is supposed to be $130 and includes a clutch, so those are worth checking out. The Fanatec 911 wheels however will set you back more than $300.

Some very useful comments made, Tenacious nice to see you make a comparison between G25 and DFGT, as I don’t play games on PC and really the only two series I follow on Play station is Gran Tursimo and Tony Hawk’s.

So all I’m after is something to follow the racing line with, as my old wheel only has 135 degrees of rotation and the onscreen cars full lock comes in at less than 90 degrees (you know where that leads to, :ouch: wall) clutch, 6 speed shifter and one or two other bits and bobs I don’t need, I have enough trouble with the buttons as it is, so the DFGT sounds just the ticket for me, thanks very much for your reply.

So all I’m after is something to follow the racing line with, as my old wheel only has 135 degrees of rotation and the onscreen cars full lock comes in at less than 90 degrees (you know where that leads to, :ouch: wall) clutch, 6 speed shifter and one or two other bits and bobs I don’t need, I have enough trouble with the buttons as it is, so the DFGT sounds just the ticket for me, thanks very much for your reply.
So, er, why are you faffing around on these forums asking for peoples opinions when clearly you have already made your mind up? Looking for sympathetic support?

Looking for sympathetic support?

Oh yes please :nervous: and Financial, donations towards a new wheel would be very welcome thank you. A dyslexic old codger like me can use any help from people like yourself thanks.

Last edited:
So, er, why are you faffing around on these forums asking for peoples opinions when clearly you have already made your mind up? Looking for sympathetic support?
I was wondering the same thing he was before I bought the DFGT wheel, was it worth a darn. Enough people said the GT wheel was close enough to the G25 that I bought it, and they were right. Seeking advice from savvy board members is one of the cool things about this place. Amirite? ;)

Another advantage to the DFGT is that it includes all the PS3 button controls on the wheel, including the Home button. The G25 has all that, minus Home, on a panel on the shifter which isn't nearly as accessible, only two buttons on the wheel along with the nice shifter paddles. The real time menu buttons and adjustment knob on the GT wheel for tuning your car on the fly will also matter to some.

The G25 is definitely worth it, especially with the prices you can find for it these days, but if you want to save a hundred bucks, you'll get a sophisticated G25 feel on the DFGT. And a cool center-lit GT logo.

Does anyone know if the gt has the degree locking capabilities of the pro.

I play some gran turismo, but more f1, and f1 cars are best driven with roughly 250 deg rotation.

Can the gt do this or is it always stuck at 900?
(customizable turning angle)

Also I thought they were both supposed to work fine on the PC?

I am using a Driving Force GT wheel. The G25 was a little bit too expansive. I mean, I don't need a leather wheel, the GT feels great too. The force feedback is great, the steering wheel is big in comparison to other racingwheels. The G25 is the best steering wheel, but is too expansive to my opinion. The GT works perfect, feels good and has a great quality. The driving force pro is bit of the same thing as the driving force GT. I don't really know if the GT is much better, but I think it's a very good wheel too. It's all about how many you want to invest in steering wheels. If you choose for a Logitech wheel with Gran Turismo, then you choose for quality!;)

Does anyone know if the gt has the degree locking capabilities of the pro.

I play some gran turismo, but more f1, and f1 cars are best driven with roughly 250 deg rotation.

Can the gt do this or is it always stuck at 900?
(customizable turning angle)

Also I thought they were both supposed to work fine on the PC?

I second this question:). I, like the above poster, tend to use race cars rather than road cars, which leads to a problem - most race cars don't use 900 degree steering lock(especially F1) so I can't really get that authentic feel. I've heard GT5P doe not have the ability to change degree lock, is that true? And if so, what are the odds GT5 will come with it?

I highly recommend that u buy a G25.Even if u dont play PC sims that offten,buy it.If u really think that is far to expensive then get a DF pro cause i personaly think that DF GT is just a marketing trick and that there are not any major improvments...

I got an used DFP from someone I know and I use it to play GT5P and it does the job pretty well. I didn't try the other ones but if my DFP break or if its not compatible with GT5(I hope not) I'll probably buy a DFGT

I highly recommend that u buy a G25.Even if u dont play PC sims that offten,buy it.If u really think that is far to expensive then get a DF pro cause i personaly think that DF GT is just a marketing trick and that there are not any major improvments...
As an owner of all three - save for the fact that my beloved DF Pro died last month - I can assure you that the DFGT is a marked improvement, and is practically as good as the G25. Pros and cons:

DFGT Pros
  • G25 feel and performance, nice rubber coating on the wheel, larger 11" wheel
  • Excellent force feedback and communication with your car, better than DF Pro
  • Same familiar configuration and use as DF Pro, with gas and brake pedal set, toggle shifter and paddles on wheels
  • Compatible with just about every PS3 racer, and with downloadable Wingman drivers, many PCs
  • All the essential PS3 buttons on the wheel, even Home and a "horn" center lit button
  • Menu and value button/wheel to change Prologue and GT5 settings on the fly
  • Much cheaper
  • Lighter, easier to set up

DFGT Cons
  • May not be compatible with some PCs or Macs
  • No clutch pedal, same pedal set as DF Pro
  • One drive motor, might matter to some, but functions the same as G25
  • Paddle shifters are just at your fingertips unless you have large hands

G25 Pros
  • Stitched leather wrapped 11" wheel with nice shifter paddles, separate rugged 6 speed shifter, heavy pedalboard with clutch
  • Two assignable buttons on wheel, a wealth of buttons and D Pad on shifter unit
  • Locking clamps for secure setup
  • Solid pedalboard is very hard to slip during intense races, even on hardwood floors
  • Securing points compatible with most racing rigs and seats
  • Compatible with PS3 and computers, comes with driver disc
  • Two motors control force feedback with authority
  • Very rugged construction
  • Some units come with a pack in game such as rFactor

G25 Cons
  • Expensive. over $200 US at least
  • Heavy
  • Buttons and D Pad on shifter unit are awkwardly placed, sometimes hard to use in race
  • Shifter can be hard to lock in place on polished surfaces
  • Some PC games require lots of work to get installed properly
  • Needs a bit more power
  • In a few games, FFB can be a little weak
  • If shifter paddles are flipped and bounce, they can inadvertently shift a few gears

Could someone please post up the dimensions of the G25's Pedal set up?
The way i set up my DGT is on a small table, so I need to know if the pedals will fit underneath it ^^;
(Right now, my DGT is starting to sound like its giving up the ghost..."WHiiiiiiiiine")

I second this question:). I, like the above poster, tend to use race cars rather than road cars, which leads to a problem - most race cars don't use 900 degree steering lock(especially F1) so I can't really get that authentic feel. I've heard GT5P doe not have the ability to change degree lock, is that true? And if so, what are the odds GT5 will come with it?
If the game is designed to use a 900 degree wheel, i.e. GT5, each cars lock is correct for the DFGT. The wheel will always be in 900 degree mode, but if a particular car uses less lock, the lock runs out before 900 degrees is reached.

If the game is designed to use a 900 degree wheel, i.e. GT5, each cars lock is correct for the DFGT. The wheel will always be in 900 degree mode, but if a particular car uses less lock, the lock runs out before 900 degrees is reached.

AWSOME, and GT5 is the only racer I would play on the PS3.

What does is do with GT4? That's 900 deg compatible?

Also on PC with the wingman drivers, I could set to any lock I wanted for each game right?

Hi,

I've had a G25 for 3.5 years the steering wheel has given up (opening it up it looks like a blown resister).

So I'm looking to get a new wheel.

Question: can the pedals for the G25 be used in either the DFP or DFGT?

Cheers,
Uncle Sunny

Back