Driving Force Pro Pedal Problems

• Thread starter Arwin
  • 264 comments
ssgroupa
Had my DFP three months, had issues after 1 month, did the disconnect and reconnect thing with the cable but no long term gain.
Rang Logitech here in Australia, and had to return both wheel and pedals to EB GAMES, where they are replacing the whole lot under warranty. Hopefully this new set will have no hassles. Figured free replacement is better than 'surgery' and voiding the warranty....

Thats what happen to me as well. Logitech here in Australia doesn't seem to know about this issue

johnle: I used this number

Australia
Logitech Australia Computer
Peripherals Pty Ltd.

lvl2 633 Pittwater Road
AUS - Dee Why NSW 2099

TH: 02 8850 1192

bweaver
While running my laps, I noticed the Gas pedal was periodically losing the input of my foot, much like is described in the tippy-top of this thread. I would be crusing down a straight-away... pedal floored, and all of a sudden... nada, zero, zilch input registering on the pedal. I would have to let off the pedal, and then re-apply pressure before it would register....

I too have this same exact problem. Mine will also just spastically go full break and full gas at the same time for a second or so, or the gas and break will flicker on and off. I need to take mine apart and try out the fix described here.

Yes LibertyRX, Logitech Australia told me to take it back to EB Games.
Needed receipt.
Have new wheel now. Pretty good service, dropped old wheel/pedals off monday arvo, picked up new wheel/pedals wednesday arvo.

Played for a few hours today and no issues so far....touch wood.
If you take yours back, write down the part numbers and serial numbers that you already have. just to be sure they don't 'rebox' your set and hand it back to you.

Yes LibertyRX, Logitech Australia told me to take it back to EB Games.
Needed receipt.
Have new wheel now. Pretty good service, dropped old wheel/pedals off monday arvo, picked up new wheel/pedals wednesday arvo.

Played for a few hours today and no issues so far....touch wood.
If you take yours back, write down the part numbers and serial numbers that you already have. just to be sure they don't 'rebox' your set and hand it back to you.

Whoohoo, fixed the pedal myself:) well im gonna receive a new pedalset anyway from logitech soon enough. than i have 2 pedals lol. Fixing the pedalset is pretty easy if you know how to do it

Went in last night and fixed the problem. I'm not sure about the tape though, all I did was pull in some more wire from the outside in and it works perfectly now. Only raced for about 45 min after that but it worked liked a charm. Only took about 5 minutes too.

I was just about to embark on making this pedal fix since my pedals are doing it. But i noticed the pictures from ppith are gone. Anybody archive them?

Thanks.

not happy
got new wheel and pedals on wednesday. its now friday and they're stuffed again!

so opened up the pedal box and did the fix myself.
no hassles since.
have pictures saved if anyone wants them.
didn't use tape tho. just pulled more wire inside the box and tidyied up their placement.

ssgroupa
not happy
got new wheel and pedals on wednesday. its now friday and they're stuffed again!

so opened up the pedal box and did the fix myself.
no hassles since.
have pictures saved if anyone wants them.
didn't use tape tho. just pulled more wire inside the box and tidyied up their placement.

I've done the same thing, on the 1% chance that the new wheel/pedals will be corrected, I have taken back my wheels/pedals to 'EB' today and I will be picking the new set up on Monday. The thing is I know the problem will happen with the new set of wheel/pedals :nervous: which you have just justified for me, thanks. When the problem starts on the new set :scared: I will fix it myself 👍 . Please show pics, thanks :) .

I returned my DFP wheel to my 'EB store' last Saturday Because of peadal probs as I said in my post above, OK I got my new DFP wheel yesterday and .........................................................................................
the pedals are even worse :crazy: 👎 it took less than 5 mins until the problems started, I mean this time the throttle looses power and then you get both brake and throttle going crazy at the same time, like going up and down and stuff :scared: . "LOGITECH, THIS IS A JOKE" :grumpy: . So I fixed the pedals myself and haven't had a prob since 👍 . So to everyone who is thinking of taking your DFP back think again,JUST DO IT YOURSELF because LOGITECH WON'T. Don't get me wrong I like a lot of Logitech stuff but this problem has been arround a long time and they haven't done anything about it :grumpy: .

Both my nephews and my pedals do exactly what you describe, not quite full throttle and brakes going crazy. I fixed both of them now and they work PERFECT, not a fault what so ever... Touch wood.

I didnt even bother with taking it back as I dont want to wait to get a replacment with the same problems. Plus there is no seal so I can make it look like Ive never touched them.

:indiff: after trying to fix this issue my pedals now do not work at all :guilty: Ive done everything this forum has said, taped down the wiring and now nothing is responding. I tried takeing the tape off and still no good. Anyone know what it is that i could have done wrong? Wiring is fine i havent stuffed around with it, the only thing i think it could be is the spring on the far right but still i have no idea. Please help.

To keep you updated:

A box with new pedals from Switzerland was behind my house today. I called Logitech Belgium 10 days ago, so promises kept. They seem to work fine and feel sturdy.

Good service, now I can start repairing one set...

LibertyRX
:indiff: after trying to fix this issue my pedals now do not work at all :guilty: Ive done everything this forum has said, taped down the wiring and now nothing is responding. I tried takeing the tape off and still no good. Anyone know what it is that i could have done wrong? Wiring is fine i havent stuffed around with it, the only thing i think it could be is the spring on the far right but still i have no idea. Please help.

Can you show pics of the inside of your pedals and maybe a few people from this site including myself can help you. Is there no gas & brake at all.

i emailed logitech with a description of this problem and they described it as faulty and sent return codes to me. I go to eb and they have a great return policy backed by logitech. I had the problem and returned the wheel when GT4 came out in australia. EB had a deal when you buy the wheel you get GT4 game free.
So i got a new wheel and GT4 cost me nothing.
Great service electronics boutique, good feedback from logitech!
:)gt3 100% complete, 100% accurate
:) gt concept and gt4 prologue 100% plus all golds
:) gt4 14% and investigating!

foghorn_100
i emailed logitech with a description of this problem and they described it as faulty and sent return codes to me. I go to eb and they have a great return policy backed by logitech. I had the problem and returned the wheel when GT4 came out in australia. EB had a deal when you buy the wheel you get GT4 game free.
So i got a new wheel and GT4 cost me nothing.
Great service electronics boutique, good feedback from logitech!
:)gt3 100% complete, 100% accurate
:) gt concept and gt4 prologue 100% plus all golds
:) gt4 14% and investigating!

Good luck with your new set of pedals :crazy: let us know when aahhh I mean if yes if there are any probs with your new set. :sly:

clanks
Can you show pics of the inside of your pedals and maybe a few people from this site including myself can help you. Is there no gas & brake at all.

I worked it out, it turned out the pot things werent in the right position. They are supposed to be centered in a certain spot in a hole on the bottom of the plastic flooring, i must have missed that part in the fix, i just had them loose just doing nothing. It is working perfectly now. Thanks everyone for your help.

LibertyRX
I worked it out, it turned out the pot things werent in the right position. They are supposed to be centered in a certain spot in a hole on the bottom of the plastic flooring, i must have missed that part in the fix, i just had them loose just doing nothing. It is working perfectly now. Thanks everyone for your help.

I thought it was that, I did the same thing :crazy: had to pull it apart a few times.

FYI I called them finally and they are sending out a replacement, no return required. Pretty classy. Once the new ones come I will see about modifying the old ones to fix the problem.

can someone just clear this up. is this how to fix it ?

the plugs that connect the pot to the wire are not tight enough, so u need to either solder the pots, or tighten the plug ?

This might sound really silly, but I'm not sure if I'm having a problem with my brake pedal or not.

I'm pretty sure it's a feature of the game, but for example if I drive the mk5 VW Golf GTI, and I start to brake, I only have to move the pedal by a few cm's for it to apply full brakes, which normally catches me out, and I end up either slowly too much or losing the back end as the car slows too quickly.

If I try the Lanica Delta, it takes most of the pedal to be depressed to achieve the same level of braking to that of the Golf.

Is this PD trying to model each cars braking, or is my brake pedal playing up?

j8mie
This might sound really silly, but I'm not sure if I'm having a problem with my brake pedal or not.

I'm pretty sure it's a feature of the game, but for example if I drive the mk5 VW Golf GTI, and I start to brake, I only have to move the pedal by a few cm's for it to apply full brakes, which normally catches me out, and I end up either slowly too much or losing the back end as the car slows too quickly.

If I try the Lanica Delta, it takes most of the pedal to be depressed to achieve the same level of braking to that of the Golf.

Is this PD trying to model each cars braking, or is my brake pedal playing up?

Have you touched the inside of the pedals yet.

clanks
Have you touched the inside of the pedals yet.

If you mean have I opened the pedal set up. No I have not opened them. When ever I open something like this, they never work when I put them back
:yuck:

j8mie
If you mean have I opened the pedal set up. No I have not opened them. When ever I open something like this, they never work when I put them back
:yuck:

Its self calibrating. It remembers the maximum that you have depressed the break pedal, and sets that as full break. Its best to press the breaks full on before the race start (only needed once per GT4 session) for it to get the right calibration.

My pedals started acting up a couple days ago. I finally opened it up last night and taped down the wires as mentioned. So far so good and it was really simple :)

oryan_dunn
Its self calibrating. It remembers the maximum that you have depressed the break pedal, and sets that as full break. Its best to press the breaks full on before the race start (only needed once per GT4 session) for it to get the right calibration.

I tip my hat to you sir. Sure enough that was the problem. Before a race I must have been pressing the brake pedal down slightly, so the DFP thought that's all I wanted to use to get full brakes.

I'm much happier now. Thank You.

Back