Driving Mission 1 will not clear

• Thread starter KevsfastZ
  • 49 comments
Uncle Harry
I can only suggest you look in the German Manufactures events ( Audi ) for the 3 race event that is a Championship (Audi TT I think). You may have done them thinking they were single event races and not the championship.
Try entering the championship again.

From memory it is the only championship series with 3 races and that seems to trick many players.

Besides that, that is the other glitch I've heard that prevents you from attaining 100%....some variable with using the Audi a certain way :dunce:

kennythebomb
Besides that, that is the other glitch I've heard that prevents you from attaining 100%....some variable with using the Audi a certain way :dunce:

I think the real reason this event was thought to be buggy was becuase it is the only three race championship series and people were getting tricked and not doing the series.

racrboy1987
That sucks. I hope I didnt screw myself doing some of the driving missions out of order. As long as I did number 1 first Im ok?

I did Mission 1 first then then the others out of order and got 100% but this was the PAL version.

racrboy1987
That sucks. I hope I didnt screw myself doing some of the driving missions out of order. As long as I did number 1 first Im ok?
I don't think that matters, KevsfastZ just has a glitch and is very unlucky.

Then you're boned. It's now a confirmed glitch with US versions of the game that, unless you complete Mission 1 before any other Driving Missions you can never pass it.

Famine
Then you're boned. It's now a confirmed glitch with US versions of the game that, unless you complete Mission 1 before any other Driving Missions you can never pass it.

Yep, I did them in a different order and mission 1 won't clear. I don't care about being stuck at 99.8% all that much, but it is yet another frustrating bug. I've *never* found a game this buggy before, it is a real shame.

Then I guess you've never played any of the ESPN games.

Edit: Argh, you beat me. But I still maintain that ESPN NFL 2K5 and NHL 2K5 are worse.

I'm curious whether or not this happens in the Greatest Hits version too. They may have fixed it, but you'd have to replicate it! Doing the entire game with intention to get 99.8% sure would be a lot of fun! :scared:

Has anyone been able to duplicate the Mission 1 bug?

I tried the following experiments:

Starting with a game on day 83 (all licenses, bronze, 0% complete) I did mission 1 then 2. As expected, both missions were marked "Mission Clear", and I was 0.3% complete, 500 A-spec points, 12,000Cr, etc.

I then reset the game and ran mission 2 then mission 1 with the exact same result, in particular 0.3% complete.

I then reset again and tried missions 10 through 2 in that order (mission 10 first, then 9, then 8, etc). After doing the nine missions I was at 1.5% complete as expected. I then did mission 1, won the DeLorean, and the completion went to 10.6% with mission 1 now marked "Mission Clear" (as were the other nine of course).

I have two copies of GT4. One box is marked Greatest Hits and the other is not. The markings on the disks themselves are identical. Since I purchased my first copy about the time the Greatest Hits version was released it's possible the disk itself is the Greatest Hits version even though it doesn't say so on the box. In any case I repeated the experiments on the other disk with the same results.

So either I have two greatest hits disks and the bug has been fixed, or there's something else involved in duplicating the bug. Does anyone else have more information on this?

I can understand not getting the black F-1 being upsetting, but as for the 100%, yuo know you did it, what's it matter? There are worse things in life.

OK, so, when you get 100% you get one last F1 car, correct? But it is not the same type of F1 you get when you complete 24 hours at the ring? (Which, by the way, I completed in a 277 hp Lotus Elise IIIR, fun fun fun!)

If so, does anyone have a saved game with all the cars uploaded somewhere that those of us stuck at 99.8% can download? We wouldn't have to use the saved game instead of our own, but can just stick it on a second card and then purchase the prize car one should be get upon completion. That would help us 99.8% out a lot!

This may sound a bit stupid, but after you complete mission 1 first, can you complete the other ones out of order?
Yeah.

Well, I did.

I think you just need to get Mission 1 done first, then you can do any ones you want.

Has anyone been able to duplicate the Mission 1 bug?

I tried the following experiments:

Starting with a game on day 83 (all licenses, bronze, 0% complete) I did mission 1 then 2. As expected, both missions were marked "Mission Clear", and I was 0.3% complete, 500 A-spec points, 12,000Cr, etc.

I then reset the game and ran mission 2 then mission 1 with the exact same result, in particular 0.3% complete.

I then reset again and tried missions 10 through 2 in that order (mission 10 first, then 9, then 8, etc). After doing the nine missions I was at 1.5% complete as expected. I then did mission 1, won the DeLorean, and the completion went to 10.6% with mission 1 now marked "Mission Clear" (as were the other nine of course).

I have two copies of GT4. One box is marked Greatest Hits and the other is not. The markings on the disks themselves are identical. Since I purchased my first copy about the time the Greatest Hits version was released it's possible the disk itself is the Greatest Hits version even though it doesn't say so on the box. In any case I repeated the experiments on the other disk with the same results.

So either I have two greatest hits disks and the bug has been fixed, or there's something else involved in duplicating the bug. Does anyone else have more information on this?
I know this has been years since this thread has been active, but I was able to replicate it consistently. It all has to do with using AR max and using all gold license test codes.
GT4 has some sort of anti-cheat to where the first mission becomes unclearable, best way to get the reward for the first 10 missions is to do the missions first then if you want to cheat feel free but if you want that 100% then best bet is to suck it up and gold everything without cheats. I tested this all night last night and it always happened when I had used the AR max cheats, not when I was playing the game legit

Yes we all want to fast trake the license tests, but Polyphony Digital thought ahead and locked some things out of cheaters

Back