Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Drifting

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Racing

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
United States
United States
What do you like better? And feel free to include drifting if that is your thing
(I have no clue how to drift) for me racing is OK, but just driving around the track is by far the most fun

How about cruises? I for one, like to to join cruise rooms when I get bored of the usual. But most of the times these cruises end up as full blown races anyway. But I did join several rooms where there were actual bumper to bumper cruises that majority of the players kept to. I wish there were more dedicated cruise rooms like this.

I enjoy racing in career mode and driving on CM tracks. Racing on CM tracks was good until the patch that eliminated the glitch that would let you race a series on them. Arcade mode isn't all that much fun unless you find equally matched opponents. I had one race with a '02 Rx7 and a Mitsu IMiEV. That's like a 300pp difference 💡

I enjoy racing in career mode and driving on CM tracks. Racing on CM tracks was good until the patch that eliminated the glitch that would let you race a series on them. Arcade mode isn't all that much fun unless you find equally matched opponents. I had one race with a '02 Rx7 and a Mitsu IMiEV. That's like a 300pp difference 💡
In arcade mode set the laps to infinite, and use a stock car, no upgrades, you can even use lower grip tires for an even bigger challenge

Driving by myself or racing against the AI on CM tracks. I've only had a handful of good racing experiences online.

Drifting doesn't do anything for me.

Racing online has become my main reason for playing gt6 at all. I also enjoy the seasonal TT's where I can be rated on a worldwide scale as well.
Competition is what gets my adrenalin pumping, which is why I barely play AC even though it is a much better game to just cruise/hotlap/drift than gt6. Without leaderboards and custom online lobbies there is no competitive juices flowing when I play AC.

Driving by myself or racing against the AI on CM tracks. I've only had a handful of good racing experiences online.

Drifting doesn't do anything for me.

I would suggest looking for a racing series that you can make work with your schedule. Racing with the same people every week, who have the same goal, and rules to follow, makes for great racing and camaraderie.
If your free on Fridays I'd suggest this series as it's really well run and it's fun.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-gmt-nov-4th-spaces-for-chevy-drivers.349051/

All three options and quite often all at the same time.

Driving behind people to get them rattled enough into making a mistake, drifting round them to make the pass and then racing up to the next person to repeat the process. Winning is enjoyable but I enjoy the over taking the most so back of the grid starts are great fun.

Well, you've got to keep quick match interesting somehow.

I recently got into the whole cops themed sessions. Players that chose to be a cop usually drives a GTR (nissan) and go around giving warning to those who were caught not abiding the set mph rule etc. Once you accumulate 3 warnings, you get kicked out the room. Anything goes as long as you can avoid getting caught (speeding, racing, drifting etc.). Plus majority of these sessions take place in tracks with multiple lanes so you will need to stick to your lane etc. I did notice that majority of these tyoe of sessions are played by other regional rooms. Sometimes I do see American rooms for these sessions but they wernt as realistic.

I recently got into the whole cops themed sessions. Players that chose to be a cop usually drives a GTR (nissan) and go around giving warning to those who were caught not abiding the set mph rule etc. Once you accumulate 3 warnings, you get kicked out the room. Anything goes as long as you can avoid getting caught (speeding, racing, drifting etc.). Plus majority of these sessions take place in tracks with multiple lanes so you will need to stick to your lane etc. I did notice that majority of these tyoe of sessions are played by other regional rooms. Sometimes I do see American rooms for these sessions but they wernt as realistic.

These type of rooms seem to be quite popular - I often see them listed as 70mph UK Law - it's probably popular enough to warrant its own category in the poll.

Another popular category is drag racing - I have been to Santa Pod a few times - the first in 1973, so I understand the attraction for a spectator, but doing it in GT6 is not a thrilling experience for me.

Personally I don't do drifting - it's a skill that I haven't picked up and now I don't have the time.

I avoid Quick Match like the plague - whenever I have tried it I just get rammed off the track - there are people who wait at the side of the track with the sole intention of driving across it and knocking you off - I'm either hit by them or pushed off by clowns who dive bomb up the inside of every corner then drift wide.

I much prefer racing in a proper series with people whose driving styles I know and trust, who drive as if it were a real car on a real track - I don't win because I'm not fast enough, but have some great battles with people of similar ability and also have the satisfaction of trying to improve my consistency / results. A lot of people have had bad experiences of racing online, but I would suggest that they try a properly organised series by for example SNAIL or Spinning Arrows or one of the other clubs. If you have a regular racing slot in your diary, you find yourself looking forward to the meetings.

I only have limited time for racing (2 hours a week) so it has to be of good quality. For the remaining hour or two per week I am normally testing cars or practising. I would use the game itself more if it featured an event creator which enabled me to choose which cars I was racing against.

Back