Sinyster

Edgy Memelord
Premium
United States
Morrow, OH
DRR_Sinyster
Sinyster Plague
Background Thingamajig.png

Following on from September's Motegi 6 Hour Event, @Peelster1, @StigsTC and myself would like to announce for October 8th, 2016, our second official event, and first in the series: The 6 Hours of Bathurst!

As we move on, the races will become a bit longer and more demanding, and hopefully also gain an audience, as we are trying to get ourselves to be streamed, live to any and all willing to watch what we're all about!

If you wish to field a team, you may PM myself, @StigsTC or @Peelster1 . We love having more teams getting involved and willing to race!

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A TEAM, OR YOUR TEAM IS UNAVAILABLE, PM ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED NAMES ABOUT JOINING THE TEMPORARY "MYSTERY RACING TEAM".

ALL TEAMS MUST, FROM NOW ON, SEND ANY OF THE ORGANIZERS, THEIR SPOTTERS GUIDE. TO HAVE THE CORRECT PHOTO, SAVE YOUR TEAM VEHICLE INTO YOUR GT6 FAVOURITES LIST ON THE COMMUNITY BOARD, THEN SAVE THE IMAGE FROM GRAN-TURISMO.COM . ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST SUBMIT THEIR SPOTTER'S GUIDE IMAGE INTO THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAM THREADS.

CURRENT EVENT: ROLEX 24 HOURS OF DAYTONA (DPi & GTD)
Promo Poster.jpg

PAST EVENTS

MOTEGI 6H (GT300) - September
BATHURST 6H (V8SC) - October
2016 BATHURST 6HR PROMO 2.png
VLN 12 Hours (TCN-1) - November
Nürburgring 24h_6.png
LEMANS 2005 6H (LMP 900 & GTS) - December
MAZDA ROADSTER CUP (Roadster Cup) - January

FUTURE EVENTS

TBA

Last edited:
THIS POST WILL CHANGE WITH EACH EVENT. EVERY PREVIOUS EVENT WILL HAVE A DESIGNATED POST FOR IT ONCE IT IS OVER

RULES & REGULATIONS

SPORTING REGULATIONS

2017-Daytona_24h-DriveTimeLimits.png

'Pro' Class is denoted by Teams with Two (2) or more drivers ranked Gold or Platinum.
'Pro-Am' Class is denoted by Teams with One (1) or fewer drivers ranked Gold or Platinum.

Teams with Drivers new to the series will be denoted as 'Rookie' (R) and treated as Bronze or Silver rank for the purpose of defining a team's class.

Teams of both classes are required to make TWO (2) Driver Swaps during the race.

BoP

2017-Daytona_24h-BoP.png

SAFETY CAR
Safety Car Speed: 100km/h (60 mph)

TRACK MAP - TBA

ENTRY LIST

Daytona 6H Entry List - [Link]

SPOTTERS GUIDE - N/A

QUALIFYING PRACTICE RESULTS

CLASSIFICATION BY TEAM

GRID

Daytona 6H Starting Grid - [Link]

LIVE TIMING - (TBA)

WARNING AND PENALTY LOG

RACE CONTROL NOTICES

Driver Time Limits for the event are detailed below.

2016-N12h-DriveTimeLimits.png

'Pro' Class is denoted by Teams with Two (2) or more drivers ranked Gold or Platinum.
'Pro-Am' Class is denoted by Teams with One (1) or fewer drivers ranked Gold or Platinum.

Teams with Drivers new to the series will be denoted as 'Rookie' (R) and treated as Bronze or Silver rank for the purpose of defining a team's class.

Teams of both classes are required to make Three (3) Driver Swaps during the race.

BoP

2016-N12h-BoP.png

SAFETY CAR
Safety Car Speed: 100km/h (62 mph)

TRACK MAP - (Link)

NOTE: THE STARTING GRID IS AT THE END OF THE DOTTINGER (back straight). ONLY AT THE START, WILL DRIVERS BE ALLOWED TO TURN AROUND OUT OF THE PITS TO REACH THE GRID.

THIS CIRCUIT ALSO HAS A SECONDARY PIT LANE. THE ENTRANCE TO THIS IS AT THE NORMAL ENTRANCE IN THE GP LAYOUT, NOT THE NORDSCHLEIFE. DRIVERS MAY USE THIS ENTRANCE TO REPAIR DAMAGE, PERFORM GARAGE ADJUSTMENTS, AND DRIVER SWAPS. DRIVERS WILL NOT BE CREDITED THIS LAP, AND MUST STILL TYPE GA OR DC. ONCE YOU HAVE TAKEN YOUR STINT PHOTO AT THE WALL, YOU MAY BE ABLE TO WARP TO PIT LANE, BUT ONLY IN THIS SECTION.

ENTRY LIST

Nurburgring 12h Entry List (Link)

SPOTTERS GUIDE - (Link)

CLASSIFICATION BY TEAM

GRID

Nurburgring 12h Grid (Link)

LIVE TIMING - (Link)

WARNING AND PENALTY LOG

RACE CONTROL NOTICES

Driver Time Limits for the event are detailed below.

DriverTimeLimits.png

BoP
View attachment 586919

SAFETY CAR
Safety Car Speed: 100km/h (62 mph)

TRACK MAP - (Link)

ENTRY LIST

Bathurst 6h Entry List (Link)

SPOTTERS GUIDE - (Link)

CLASSIFICATION BY TEAM
CLASSIFICATION BY DRIVER

GRID

Bathurst 6h Grid (Link)

LIVE TIMING - (Link)

WARNING AND PENALTY LOG

RACE CONTROL NOTICES

Last edited:
EVENT: ROLEX 24 HOURS AT DAYTONA (DPi & GTD)

EVENT SCHEDULE

QUALIFYING PRACTICE 1: FEBRUARY 11th, Saturday (02:00 UTC)

QUALIFYING PRACTICE 2: FEBRUARY 11th, Saturday (08:00 UTC)

QUALIFYING PRACTICE 3: FEBRUARY 11th, Saturday (14:00 UTC)

RACE DATE: FEBRUARY 18-19th, Saturday through Sunday (Race Start: 19:00 UTC)

Last edited:
RACE RESULTS

BATHURST 6 HOURS

Stint Analysis by Team - (LINK)
Classification by Driver Laps - (LINK)
Classification by Driver Fastest Laps - (LINK)
Final Classification - (LINK)
Race Control Notices - (LINK)

NURBURGRING 12 HOURS

LEMANS 2005 6H

Stint Analysis by Team
Classification by Driver Laps
Classification by Driver Fastest Laps
Final Classification
Race Control Notices

ROLEX 6 HOURS OF DAYTONA

Last edited:
ABS, is it allowed or not? This isn't a car from SCS last year so I'm not sure whether it's good or not.

ABS, is it allowed or not? This isn't a car from SCS last year so I'm not sure whether it's good or not.
It wasn't allowed at Motegi, I doubt it'll be allowed here.

As for the car - what tuning is allowed and/or necessary?

Edit: I'm a tool.

It was actually a support race car for the 2015 Bathurst 12 hours.
Because we are treating this like the real life Bathurst 1000 (Which takes about 6 hours) the car will not have any aids available to it, so no, ABS will not be allowed for this event. The only place you run into issues is the downhill, but if you set the bias to lock the front tyres first its controllable and predictable when locked.
But thanks for pointing out its not covered in the BoP/specs list, working on fixing that.

@Storm_SP17 - looks like the Venator boys will give you a run for your money this round!

ALL TEAMS MUST, FROM NOW ON, SEND ANY OF THE ORGANIZERS, THEIR SPOTTERS GUIDE. TO HAVE THE CORRECT PHOTO, SAVE YOUR TEAM VEHICLE INTO YOUR GT6 FAVOURITES LIST ON THE COMMUNITY BOARD, THEN SAVE THE IMAGE FROM GRAN-TURISMO.COM . ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST SUBMIT THEIR SPOTTER'S GUIDE IMAGE INTO THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAM THREADS.

THIS POST HAS BEEN ADDED INTO THE OP, FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd get to race endurance at Bathurst again after the cancelled B12H. This is gonna be fun.
We also didn't think we'd come back to Bathurst but here we are! Just hope it turns out to be as fun as it promises to be.
Speaking of, we've swapped tyres to RM from RH to make the car more user friendly.

I don't know how popular of an idea this would be, but I would like to suggest the idea of making it a fixed setup race. In my opinion this turns the race from the team that has the fastest tune to the team that can make the fewest mistakes while being good at managing the stock setup. It would probably yield closer racing as well.

Feel free to disregard this though, it's just a suggestion after all.

I don't know how popular of an idea this would be, but I would like to suggest the idea of making it a fixed setup race. In my opinion this turns the race from the team that has the fastest tune to the team that can make the fewest mistakes while being good at managing the stock setup. It would probably yield closer racing as well.
I think you can still have the fastest tune but make a lot of mistakes in the race. Also, having a fixed setup somewhat removes the factor of strategy, which is I think what makes endurance racing fun.

Feel free to disregard this though, it's just a suggestion after all.
I'm assuming you mean a more optimised/glorified version of what the default settings are?

It's an interesting concept to try out.... I would be up for seeing how it went outside of a race, in a lengthy Free Practice Session for example.

However, I think some drivers and/or teams rely on having their own niche with regards to tuning though, which include perhaps not having a faster tune but one that makes fewer mistakes.... which in turn can lead to closer racing... I reckon a unified tune would actually increase the gaps between drivers, which could then have a knock on effect for one team and not another, leading to the opposite effect to what you intend to create.

Yeah, I see what both of you are saying. I just thought it would be neat in order to avoid having one team be a second faster than everyone else. Nothing has to change though, I'm not about to argue for anything here, I just wanted to present the idea. Sometimes tuning can be half the fun :)

I can see same tunes being useful, however because GT6's stock tunes are horrible, how about this?
Suspension
110 110
11.17 12.89
2 3
3 2
5 6
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.00

4 3 brake bias

Have to get back to you on the gearbox

Diff
8 8 15

Aero 350/400
I honestly don't think there is a 1 second split in tunes, the fast guys are always fast no matter what. Tuning can definitely improve a car but its more about tuning the car to a driver's needs to give them the confidence and response required to drive consistently and quickly more than there is 1 magic tune that turns anyone into a hero. So have mine, hopefully its of some use to you and any other driver/team who wants it.

Thanks for sharing your tune, that's a really nice thing to do.

Whatever happens in the end, we just want the racing to be fun.

Thanks for sharing your tune, that's a really nice thing to do.

Whatever happens in the end, we just want the racing to be fun.

Yeah, I see what both of you are saying. I just thought it would be neat in order to avoid having one team be a second faster than everyone else. Nothing has to change though, I'm not about to argue for anything here, I just wanted to present the idea. Sometimes tuning can be half the fun :)
I'd love to see how it works, don't get me wrong! Perhaps in a more relaxed setting though. Cheating would be too tempting in a competitive race, and let's not forget that without some sophisticated in-game way to lock a specific tune on a car via the event settings... its impossible to police, save for noticeable ride height changes.

Trust me, if we did something like this and after the race you had people whining "heeeey derrrp, you cheeeated!" the obligation to slap a man would be insurmountable.

I'd love to see how it works, don't get me wrong! Perhaps in a more relaxed setting though. Cheating would be too tempting in a competitive race, and let's not forget that without some sophisticated in-game way to lock a specific tune on a car via the event settings... its impossible to police, save for noticeable ride height changes.

Trust me, if we did something like this and after the race you had people whining "heeeey derrrp, you cheeeated!" the obligation to slap a man would be insurmountable.

Maybe to make eveyone even, everyone in the field strictly

I can see same tunes being useful, however because GT6's stock tunes are horrible, how about this?
Suspension
110 110
11.17 12.89
2 3
3 2
5 6
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.00

4 3 brake bias

Have to get back to you on the gearbox

Diff
8 8 15

Aero 350/400
I honestly don't think there is a 1 second split in tunes, the fast guys are always fast no matter what. Tuning can definitely improve a car but its more about tuning the car to a driver's needs to give them the confidence and response required to drive consistently and quickly more than there is 1 magic tune that turns anyone into a hero. So have mine, hopefully its of some use to you and any other driver/team who wants it.

Sorry wrong person, maybe we all use the dame tune strictly?

Back