DS4 to Wheel

Fast one, thanks for sharing the pictures to go along with your explanation. This looks fantastic. I'm still on the DS4 but I wish I had something like this.

How sturdy is it, like, when you turn that wheel?

Thank you for the kind words. Very sturdy, its moves just slightly if I try to pull up and down on the wheel. Most of the flex is in the wheel assembly body. I watched youtube videos of guys racing with wheels and noticed how flimsy their wheel mounts were so I was determined to build something strong. I am a metal fabricator, I build race chassis' so it was pretty basic for me to design something that had minimal flex and no center post. Any other questions just feel free to ask.

I find it funny allot of DS4 users think a wheel will automaticaly improve there driving because it is easier to control the car. Of course a wheel has big advantages over a controller but the learning curve is still very steep, maybe more so then on a controller.

Have fun with your new wheel ! Practice is the magic word ;)
I won’t lie.. I got a wheel for Christmas for Forza and I sent it back because I was terrible at it and was pretty frustrated when I used it. I didn’t have sufficient space for my pedals so it was hard to use then

Anybody have an issue with the wheel settings not taking effect? Like I’ve been fiddling around with the FFB settings and stuff for months just trying to find what I might prefer. Trying low, trying high and different combinations.

I guess I was just getting a placebo, saying to myself “oh yeah, that’s different...” when all of a sudden after some more fiddling yesterday I go to race and my wheel feels DEAD! It’s just limp. But it’s still alright and kind of like it and actually can feel some FFB. Then I quickly realize that for the first time ever(?) my settings have actually taken effect! I set it to very low(maybe the lowest) and that’s why it felt dead almost.

I don’t think I’ve read anybody else experiencing this. G29

Here it is, brand new G29 :

aGnFBQM.jpg

I've done a system to add this "extension" to my TV desk, so the wheel is at a decent distance from the TV, and to have some room for my legs. IKEA customization, cheap and compact haha, here are the building steps :

KAFREVh.jpg

IBsXuVX.jpg

1TZbrKE.jpg

78uN2E8.jpg

With drawers back, it works :

a5gKbKn.jpg

The whole system is very tight so there's no unwanted move (except the "flex" of a long woodboard) :

HLIkmJ0.jpg

The woodboard is a bit too long for my taste, I might remove like 30 centimeters so I would be a bit closer to the TV, and also to gain some rigidness on the board, so the whole thing would feel more sturdy when doing strong movements on the wheel

0i6h3bz.jpg

Back