DTM Tournament Round 5 - You Have Until September 14th To Submit Your Times.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GM
  • 65 comments
  • 2,432 views
Thanks Neil, once again TS's times cannot be true, it is virtually impossible. So what gets done next, personally I'm losing patience and faith in TS's claimed times . For those of us that have been OLR racing for years it's a slap in our face and an insult to our intelligence. This is not a fantasy race series, times cannot be grabbed out of the air. Unless I see, or another trusted driver sees the replay I consider it a fraud and a black mark on the series and on TS. TS, we'd be glad to hear your explaination and would love to see the replay without excuses . The first time you got the benefit of the doubt, but that will not happen again. Either prove your results or DQ yourself before somebody else does it for you. This isn't personal TS, but the whole basis for OLR is truth and trust, without them OLR is dead.

George, we don't need Hollo1 or anyone else to prove or disprove the obvious. Either a replay is submitted or a ban is in order.
 
Thanks, Neil, maybe we should get holl in to do a few laps since he's super fast.

I don't know what to do, this is the second time this has happend, TS has qualified last by a long shot in 4 or 5 of the races, to end up coming in the top 4, or maybe even top 3.

What do you lot think I should do?
Simple,
demand a replay,or at the very least a photo taken with digital camera or phone of his saved replay in the replay theatre.

Actually....NO!

A replay is the only way. A photo of the replay theatre screen doesn't show the tyres used, the rate of tyre-wear, the power settings, how clean the race was........

As to getting Holl or Hot in to do a test race, it might be an idea! A 1'13.xxx lap on hards might be possible for one of them, but a consistant 1'13.2 may be a different matter.
Also that doesn't explain how TS is so slow in quali, yet so fast in the races.

I just don't get it! It doesn't make sense at all!

Neil
 
its quite simple after reading all of the info presented in this case I think a replay of TS's times is in order or he needs to be banned from the series(give his points to me :) Just kidding) but seriously if everyone runs on RSS for quali he should be doing it to since that is the fastest. Which means he is much slower than everyone on an even level the only way to get better by that much is simple CHEAT!!! its very simple either TS supplies a replay or is banned
 
Hmm, ok, suppose it's the only way forward, TS, replay or you get a ban (whole series or 5+ races I don't know yet).
 
My PM To TS.

I need a Round 6 DTM Replay, no excuses this time, you have had the benifit of the doubt once already, but it's happened again, replay, or a series ban (whole series or 5+ races I haven't decided).

If I get no replay in 5 dasy or you fail to give me a replay I will go ahead with the ban.


George.



I think that's fair.
 
STUPID ME! I pulled a "Neil" :),I went back to watch my replay (because of the TS saga) and found I made a rookie mistake, I have no excuse, but I assure you all it was unintentional. I had my weight setting at -7 as per the rules, but I had my HP at 0 instead of -1. Therefore I must DQ myself and ask you all for your forgiveness. I'm sorry I let you down Neil, but after my rant on ethics and honor, the only honorable thing to do is DQ myself. I'll be more careful in the future, George, sorry to put you through redoing the standings. I'm at the age where I've developed CRS (can't remember s*it)

Neil , so far our team holds the dubious record of giving back more points then we won. At least we hold a record for something!!!

Again, sorry guys, I'm soo embarrased!!!!

EDIT: My quali settings were correct for what it's worth!!
George, maybe we could implement a system like the JGTC where you submitt your settings, team , car , #of laps, tires used, and track along with your times, may help some of us idiots!! At least we'd have a better chance of catching stupid mistakes like mine and Neil's last week.Also gets rid of wiggle room if there's a question about times
 
actually are you asking for a replay from next round or this round becuase if its this round it should say round 5
 
STUPID ME! I pulled a "Neil" :),I went back to watch my replay (because of the TS saga) and found I made a rookie mistake, I have no excuse, but I assure you all it was unintentional. I had my weight setting at -7 as per the rules, but I had my HP at 0 instead of -1. Therefore I must DQ myself and ask you all for your forgiveness. I'm sorry I let you down Neil, but after my rant on ethics and honor, the only honorable thing to do is DQ myself. I'll be more careful in the future, George, sorry to put you through redoing the standings. I'm at the age where I've developed CRS (can't remember s*it)

Neil , so far our team holds the dubious record of giving back more points then we won. At least we hold a record for something!!!

Again, sorry guys, I'm soo embarrased!!!!

EDIT: My quali settings were correct for what it's worth!!
George, maybe we could implement a system like the JGTC where you submitt your settings, team , car , #of laps, tires used, and track along with your times, may help some of us idiots!! At least we'd have a better chance of catching stupid mistakes like mine and Neil's last week.Also gets rid of wiggle room if there's a question about times

Bugger!

Think we need to start double-checking everything bud!;)
Is CRS contagious?:lol:

But hey, at least we realised ourselves and owned up. We didn't try to get away with it, hoping that no-one would notice or question us!

To be honest, mine of last week was worse, and a glaring mistake. I don't think that anyone would have noticed yours mate!
It just shows how most of the guys who race here, are dyed in the wool honest and trustworthy.

Pity that barrels of apples get spoiled, init?

Neil
 
Ya know when you're younger alot of moral issues slide by you without notice, but as age advances you realize that you're word, reputation and self worth are all you really have when you get down to the very basics of life. Did I really just write that crap...oh my god ,I am getting old...sorry puppies, see what's in store for ya. Just wait till going through the night without having to relieve yourself is a big deal. In the old days, a big deal involved drugs,dealers,guns and lots of money!!!
 
I'll set the record straight with this one, I made a typo here, when I pm'd my time to George I put 12'56.119 and meant to put 13'56.119. It was my mistake and when George PM'd me asking for a replay I sent a reply oblivious on why he again asked me for a replay. I checked the thread and realized that my time was inaccurate, I apologize for my lack of diligence.

-TS
 
i think hes trying to cover up seems a little to convient i think he should still have to provide a replay of this week becuase last week his time was wierd!!! i think he still needs to show a replay so lets see one his times are one giant conspiracy
 
i think hes trying to cover up seems a little to convient i think he should still have to provide a replay of this week becuase last week his time was wierd!!! i think he still needs to show a replay so lets see one his times are one giant conspiracy

Say what you think, but it's up to George on what should be done with this issue.
 
I had my times for this round ready to go but my internet got cut off for a few days cause I didnt pay the bill so was unable to submit my times :(

Here were my times incase anyone was interested.

Qualy Time: 1'11.648
Race Time: 13'21.601
 
:) ok, it's time for my .02 worth
as the nick implies, I'm old... LOL

First off.... CRS ? LOL .... sad but true.... just looking at my not sending in a time when I had one in the books :( .... Neil and Andy ...Balls/ Drew .... have just brought a new meaning to "ham and egging it" LOL ... If nothing else guys, thanks for the humor :) ... not much get the "old man" giggling like a school girl, buy you two do a remarkable job 👍 and Neil, sorry I haven't written lately :( ... things have been a bit a a mess here :(

Ok, on to TS.... Dude ?
I'm not here to besmirch you ... (did he just use besmirch in a sentence ? )
but you are casting shadows upon yourself in the OLR world. Word spreads, good or bad, it's a small world here. Twice now you've caused a rucus :( ... given a bit of youth can cause that. Lord knows I caused a bit of my own when dirt was new :) LOL ....

the question becomes... one of trust, as brought forth by another racer here. We, those that race in GT, have to trust, or submit a replay as we do in JGTC. In some series, WRS for example, demand a replay for any podium finish. Now we don't have that here, nor am I implying that we should demand such, as it causes a load to be put on the monitor that I wouldn't give to my ex-wife... well, maybe her :) lol

Stupid mistakes ? Read some of the post, we've all made them, and will make them in the future. The real trick is to find them ourselves and then blow the whistle on ourselves, much like golf :) ... there are some savy people around here... Neil for one when he isn't banged up and on some chems for one :) LOL... you silly twit :) LOL ... ah youth :)

So, from this respective... even if George doesn't demand a replay... submit one to him. Show him a reason to side with you in the event of a further brain fart :) .... trust is built with each thing we do... as in the military... one aw ****, wipes out all them atta boys....

just an old man rambling

J.R.
 
His time could very well of been 13'56 though, what should I do? :(.
 
GTXDriver
Mind if I ask what your splits were, just interested is all. Mine were T1/11.334 T2/24.163 T3/49.056

George
very well of been 13'56 though, what should I do?
He doesnt seem to have the ability to post a replay (nor do I for that matter :D) ask him to post every one of his lap times + what tyres he used + what lap/s he pitted on + what his Power and Weight settings were.
 
Hi east!
I'm in work now and my PS2 is at home.Have my replay from this round,I'll take a look at it and tomorrow you'll know my split times.
0.001...God,that's close.
 
Strangely enough (even for me!), I did the reverse calculations last night also! And a calculation based on a potential typo in the minute figure!

Based around TS's RH/RH quali lap-time of 1'17.572, adding in the 34 secs for a pitstop and 10 secs for the start-lap and out lap (still keeping RH's on the front tho)

And got a race time of 13'39.7xx

Now,

TS is saying he made a typo, and Yes they happen more often than we all would like, but.......

For him to get a 13'56.xxx he would have to be averaging with lap-times of over 1'19.xxx!

That is possible, as is the typo.

However if TS did his qualifying on RSS (like the rest of us), and then raced on RH's his average laptime should be around 4.5-5 seconds slower (1.5-2 seconds slower per lap for each compound harder. ie 1,22.xxx's) not 2 seconds slower.

So I dont know what to say really!

A lap by lap resume of his race, not nesc including splits (but they would be interesting) would help. But I wonder if his memorycard is still full, and he hasn't saved it?

I am sorry if I am hurting your feelings TS, or if I am being too sarcastic for you other guys! (Grumpy old man here, after all!)
But trust is the issue here, I would like to, but I don't!

I smell something off here, and it's not me!

Neil
 
Gotta agree with Neil.A convienient typo. TS you've brought this on yourself starting in race 1. Why is there a question on most every time you submit? Your reputation after two months at GTP is tarnished at best, your only shot at redemtion is to supply replays and or detailed accounts of your submissions. If after a few races your times are verified as accurate your reputation will be restored, otherwise every time you submit people will have doubts. You'd be hard pressed to find a partner around here at this point, let alone anyone that trusts you. The onus is on you, prove your skills! We've all done it.
 
yes very covient typo thank you niel for submitting the evidence of a covient typo being used here
 
Strangely enough (even for me!), I did the reverse calculations last night also! And a calculation based on a potential typo in the minute figure!

Based around TS's RH/RH quali lap-time of 1'17.572, adding in the 34 secs for a pitstop and 10 secs for the start-lap and out lap (still keeping RH's on the front tho)

And got a race time of 13'39.7xx

Now,

TS is saying he made a typo, and Yes they happen more often than we all would like, but.......

For him to get a 13'56.xxx he would have to be averaging with lap-times of over 1'19.xxx!

That is possible, as is the typo.

However if TS did his qualifying on RSS (like the rest of us), and then raced on RH's his average laptime should be around 4.5-5 seconds slower (1.5-2 seconds slower per lap for each compound harder. ie 1,22.xxx's) not 2 seconds slower.

So I dont know what to say really!

A lap by lap resume of his race, not nesc including splits (but they would be interesting) would help. But I wonder if his memorycard is still full, and he hasn't saved it?

I am sorry if I am hurting your feelings TS, or if I am being too sarcastic for you other guys! (Grumpy old man here, after all!)
But trust is the issue here, I would like to, but I don't!

I smell something off here, and it's not me!

Neil

You haven't hurted my feelings in the least bit, but you have opened my eyes on how bad I driver I am compared to everybody else. And how that a simple mistake like a typo could cause so much controversy.

Gotta agree with Neil.A convienient typo. TS you've brought this on yourself starting in race 1. Why is there a question on most every time you submit? Your reputation after two months at GTP is tarnished at best, your only shot at redemtion is to supply replays and or detailed accounts of your submissions. If after a few races your times are verified as accurate your reputation will be restored, otherwise every time you submit people will have doubts. You'd be hard pressed to find a partner around here at this point, let alone anyone that trusts you. The onus is on you, prove your skills! We've all done it.

Tarnished? I wouldn't put it so harshly, but I'm not a shiny diamond either. As for earning trust/reputation around here I will ensure that in future events I will provide lap by lap times and my total times as well as pitstops and any other incidents.

yes very covient typo thank you niel for submitting the evidence of a covient typo being used here

You're just as human as I am, in that very sentence I counted 1 typo, and 2 misspellings.
 
TS
You haven't hurted my feelings in the least bit, but you have opened my eyes on how bad I driver I am compared to everybody else. And how that a simple mistake like a typo could cause so much controversy.



Tarnished? I wouldn't put it so harshly, but I'm not a shiny diamond either. As for earning trust/reputation around here I will ensure that in future events I will provide lap by lap times and my total times as well as pitstops and any other incidents.



You're just as human as I am, in that very sentence I counted 1 typo, and 2 misspellings.

this isnt spelling class. do you hae a way to provide a replay is so provide one and just show your being honest and everyone will apoligise
 
TS
You haven't hurted my feelings in the least bit, but you have opened my eyes on how bad I driver I am compared to everybody else. And how that a simple mistake like a typo could cause so much controversy.
I am glad that I haven't hurt your feelings TS, and I am also glad that you obviously now realise that we will not allow things like typo's and 'errors of judgement' slide by!
(notice how carefully I worded that one?;) )

TS
Tarnished? I wouldn't put it so harshly, but I'm not a shiny diamond either. As for earning trust/reputation around here I will ensure that in future events I will provide lap by lap times and my total times as well as pitstops and any other incidents.
Unfortunately, your reputation is now tarnished.
BUT, it is not irretrievable.
The posting, publicly, of your lap times, pit resume, tyre choices and any incidents (after the deadline of course) will regain our belief in your honesty quite quickly. As long as you play by the rules, we will respect you. Even if you finish last in every race!
We all started in the lower ranks, and the temptations are extreme when you see how far down the order you end up. But you will get better, and faster, and gain respect as you compete week after week.

And as a side note, picking someone else up on mis-spellings and such (especially as for lots of the guys on here, English is not their first language) is not cool! It's dis-respectful, and will not help you in the long run.

Laters

Neil
 
Neil ? old ? LOL...well ok, perspective I guess :sly:

Yet another reason why the man would be a great moderator in a series. Harsh, but fair 👍

Trust me TS, on this, these guys are much nicer than in other series. We're willing to chalk it up to "the learning curve", we're old, not dead... LOL ,, my learning curve was in WRS, and trust me, those guys know their **** ! ... most of us have raced, or are racing there.

While they me be calling the smell in the room a fart and looking for ownership, they've always given you room 👍 yes, there are a few of us with raised eyebrows :odd: only because of what you've presented us on a couple of occassions.

I understand not being able to submit a replay... it was another series that I run... JGTC... that caused me to go out and get the stuff I needed to in order to do so. I ran WRS for quite sometime without one. They require a replay for all podiums. Your thoughts about submitting lap times and such are a valid approach to the current situation. It will go a long way in establishing a base for you and us. Tricky thing, this internet. We don't get to see the inflection of tone that verbosity brings. There are no visual clues as to the person speaking or those of us listening. Thus, there are gaps in communication from time to time.

This is a very long series TS. Despite the exchanges over the past few weeks, we would all like to see everyone participate with their best effort. That's all that can ever be requested from any participant.

I'm sorry if there are misspelled words in the above diatrabe... LOL
as the Aussie says, English isn't always our first language... and trust me, you don't want to know what my first is :D

J.R.
 
Mind if I ask what your splits were, just interested is all. Mine were T1/11.334 T2/24.163 T3/49.056

Hi,my splits are here:
T1 11.263 -0.071:)
T2 23.884 -0.279:dopey:
T3 48.832 -0.224:scared:
Total 1'11.649 +0.001:grumpy:

It seems that you cut the chicane a little bit more...
Anyway,great time.
 
George,what about the results?
Is TS DQ'd or something?
I don't mind if I win...but this way the pleasure is not the same.
Thanks a lot,TS.
 
I don't know yet, I'll have a think.
 
GTXDriver
It seems that you cut the chicane a little bit more...
I have developed a bad habit of cutting through that chicane, probably more through lazyness than anything else :lol:, but after checking my replay I actually went through that corner almost perfect, only kicking up the slightest bit of dust on the second inside rumble :)

Great time for the Pole GTX and congrats on the great Race Win!
 
Okay,maybe I was the one who missed the perfect line.I watched my replay and well...you are right...in that section of my qualifying lap I was a little bit excited about the time.:nervous:
Sometimes I forget this is only a game...
I think we will be great opponents through the DTM serie.
Will you submit this round?
 
Yes, I have decided, GTXDriver takes maximum points for this round since TS has been disqualified.
 
Back