DTM Tournament Round 6 - You have until September 20th to submit your times.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GM
  • 33 comments
  • 1,656 views

GM

Messages
4,103
Messages
George0393 + GTP_GM
Yes, it's here, the 34 race DTM tournament, this thread will contain everything you need to know about round 3.​



Special Stage Route 5 Forward.​
Qualification​
Race - 10 Laps​



Before Race Rules​

Transmission Top Speed setting may be altered
You may use Racing Super Soft Tires for Qualifying only
​



Qualification Rules​

Racing Super Soft Ties may be used.
There is not limit to how many qualification laps you run, but please PM me your race and qualification lap in at the same time.
Rumble strips are part of the track.
Please do not use any cheat devices while qualifing or racing.
​




Race Rules​

Please run only the given amount of laps.
If you ever go off the track, return to the course but add 2 seconds to your overall race time.
Rumble strips are part of the track.
Please do not use any cheat devices while qualifing or racing.​




After Race Rules​

Please only PM me your times in between the given dates unless you have a reason (holiday etc.).
Don't argue about your qualifing position or race result, if anything seems suspicious, I will take care of it.​













Teams​

Vauxhall Astra Touring Car - east
Vauxhall Astra Touring Car - Jetboys427

Opel Astra Touring Car - George Morley
Opel Astra Touring Car - CCX

ABT Audi TT (Team 2) - Drew22
ABT Audi TT (Team 2)- Ballstothewall

Audi A4 Touring Car - GTXDriver
Audi A4 Touring Car - oldphart

Mercedes CLK Touring Car - Six String
Mercedes CLK Touring Car - DUNDA

Audi A4 Team 2 - ls2_297
Audi A4 Team 2 - racefan88501

ABT Audi TT Touring Car - TS
ABT Audi TT Touring Car - SuperT



September 20th - Test Course - 4 Lap Race​











Qualifing Results​

racefan88051 - 1'12.300
GTXDriver - 1'12.647
east - 1'12.895
George. - 1'12.963
Drew22 - 1'13.625
Ballstothewall - 1'14.051
Oldphart - 1:14.311


Race Results​

GTXDriver - 13'30.827
east - 13'33.849
Drew22 - 13'34.276
George. - 1'35.742
Oldphart - 13'42.420
Ballstothewall - 13'44.693
racefan88051 - 13'58.762




Drivers Table​

George. - 35
east - 34
GTXDriver - 32
racefan8850 - 15
TS - 15
Drew22 - 13
oldphart - 6
BallsToTheWall - 4
SuperT - 3
ls2_297 - 0
Six String - 0
Jetboys427 - 0
DUNDA - 0










​

Constructors Table​


Team Opel Astra - 44
Team Audi A4 - 36
Team Vauxhall Astra - 35
Team Audi TT - 18
Team 2 Audi TT - 17
Team 2 Audi A4 - 12
Team Mercedes CLK - 0











There are no spaces free at the moment, if anyone drops out for any reason, their space will need to be replaced as soon as possible.
​
 
Series News.

The new power and weight settings at round 5 saw a completly diffrent finish, with GTXDriver taking pole and TS winning, Drew22 finishing third, which will be a huge boost for his team, the contructors table has completly changed now from third place downwards wqith Team Audi TT just four points behind Audi A4, and Audi A4 and TT Teams 2 tied with 14 points, Mercedes CLK look unlikley to score any points let alone move from the bottom now.

GTXDrivers brilliant round 5 performence sees him move to third in the drives table, 7 points behind east, who failed to submit a round 5 time. TS moves to fourth, while Drew22 is now is seventh, Ballstothewall is placed ninth, only one point behind oldphart, who failed to submit for round 5.

Now new rules are in place for round 6 or 7.
 
i think you ment septtmeber 20th in the thread title

can you also elaborate on these new rules? as in what re they incase i didnt already read them
 
im now in opel astra with george
 
Hopefully I won't be the center of controversy this time.
 
TS just keep good notes, double check everything and you should be fine.Reputations can be fixed by being honest and respectful.
One major reason for all the questions is that you don't and can't have the experience that one aquires after OL racing for a few years. There's not a single one of us that hasn't improved greatly by running in a few series every week for a long time. At your age and lack of experience in GT and real life you shouldn't be able to beat the veterans , so when you post a faster time then the vets everybody notices and get very skeptical. Just keep it honest, coming in close to, or last place is expected and as time goes by your times will improve along with your skill level. You appear to have the ability, you just need to hone it. All of us here are still learning and getting better, as for me I've been driving for nearly 40 years, from driving Taxi in NYC at age 18 to Formula VW's here in Florida. My times and skills are much better then they were just a year ago. By now I'm sure you're aware as to how seriously us GT fanatics are about our racing, and almost everyone here respects and trusts each other, but it takes time to build your reputation, don't rush it, or do anything to compromise it.
 
I've been a bit lazy over the last couple races but I promise to give the absolute best I can for this round :)
 
i have been workin on my quali times today. and just because im running a series i will not leave this one so dont worry
 
Times submitted to Gearge via PM , 5:42 PM, EST. Sept 19.
 
Me too!

Not my best effort, sorry partner!:guilty:

Slightly slower than you, again. But I think you have the measure of the TT better than I do so far. And you like the track MUCH better than I do too.
👍
Neil
 
i absoulutly hate this track im just about to do my race now then send in the times
 
I'll get me times in tomorrow, been lazy and busy lately.
 
time sent
not quick :( sorry Partner, but ran the best I can... still getting use to this beast.
Andy, you got me again this week ... well done
J.R.
 
Time sent to George, NOW.
East,I'll be waiting.Have the sector times so we can talk about it after the race.
It's not my favourite track,but in JGTC S2 I finished 2nd,so who knows?:sly:
 
Im still working on my race time and theres about 2 tenths left for me in qually, im not sure I can get them. Next to Hong Kong, this is my least favorite track on GT4, I actually came second to last in Dans 2.3 championship on this track when I had been on the podium for the first two or 3 races leading up to it.
 
Times submitted to Gearge via PM , 5:42 PM, EST. Sept 19.

Me too!

Not my best effort, sorry partner!:guilty:

Slightly slower than you, again. But I think you have the measure of the TT better than I do so far. And you like the track MUCH better than I do too.
👍
Neil

time sent
not quick :( sorry Partner, but ran the best I can... still getting use to this beast.
Andy, you got me again this week ... well done
J.R.

Time sent to George, NOW.
East,I'll be waiting.Have the sector times so we can talk about it after the race.
It's not my favourite track,but in JGTC S2 I finished 2nd,so who knows?:sly:


Got 'em all :).
 
OK, my times are in! Didnt manage to improve my Qually Time, but took a full 7 seconds off my race time :)
 
7 seconds?How the hell are you doing this?On cold tires I am always drifting on the track so there is a very aggressive tyre wear then...Maybe this is the key...not pushing so hard...but then I won't be fast enough...:ouch:
 
Laszlo! (corrected)

You now are now starting to see the light!

It is ultimately faster to drive smoother and make sure of your apexes, keeping the car under control, than it is to drive the sh;t out of it and ruin the tyres!

Getting that one or two extra laps out of a tyre-set by driving SMOOTHER (especially on the first lap), allows you then to drive more aggressively on a softer set and improve your overall time.

Eg a 10 lap race!

You do 5 furious laps on medium tyres, but on the 4th lap the tyres are orange and on the 5th lap they are red hot, you pit, rinse, and repeat.
On the 4th lap with orange tyres you lose 3 seconds and start to miss your apexes by outbraking the fronts, on the 5th you are 5-6 seconds slower as the car now won't corner properly and the brakes are a lot worse.
So over 4th,5th,9th and final laps you drop 16-18 seconds total!

Now!

Same race, but you drive smoother on the same medium tyres. Drop your lap time by 1-1.5 seconds per lap for 6 laps - that's only 6 to 9 seconds dropped over 6 laps plus maybe another 1 on the last lap! AND your tyres that were red hot after 5 laps are now only orange after 6!
Pit,
and swap to softs, then drive more aggressively and actually gain some time back because of the softer compound, say 1 second a lap because you are still driving smooth, and that then gets you a -4 scond difference.

So overall - you lose say 10 secs in the first 6, gain 4 in the second 4, so you gain overall 10-12 seconds!

Method A'la Ballstothewall!

Smoother, and more controlled, does not mean slower. Especially in a semi-endurance race where you have pit-stops to do!

Neil
 
Okay,thanks a lot,you are right I think.
Oh,and something else.Here in Hungary the first name is the second.I am Laszlo or Leslie in your country.The family name is the first and it is Nemeth.When you call me Nemeth it sounds very official and I don't like this.
I'd like to think we are in closer connection like this...
 
Okay,thanks a lot,you are right I think.
Oh,and something else.Here in Hungary the first name is the second.I am Laszlo or Leslie in your country.The family name is the first and it is Nemeth.When you call me Nemeth it sounds very official and I don't like this.
I'd like to think we are in closer connection like this...

Sorry Laszlo, was going off what Andy (Drew) said your real name was!

Teaches me to trust a bloody Floridian! ;)

It is hard on here sometimes, as in your case the family name is before your first name. And there is no way to tell.

Again sorry, I did not mean to offend. 👍

Neil
 
Not at all,buddy.:)
Next time I will try this Bttw-method,Maybe this one won't be the Test Course.👍 It's not a normal track.Do we need to pit at this one too,don't we?
George,when will we get the results?
 
💡 George,can we give a name to our teams?It's gonna be a funny thing.
We can establish with my friend oldphart the H&B (Homer and Bart I mean)Simpson's Racing Team...:dopey:
 
Lol, go ahead, GTX, results up soon.
 
Oh God,thanks.The first real win.👍
Racefan,the qualifying lap is very cool,congratulations.👍
Hey oldphart we are coming up!!!:cool:
George what about my idea with the names?
 
Me
Lol, go ahead, GTX, results up soon.


Whatever, just give me a final name, I'll add it to the results etc. from Round 7 onwards.
 
Well,I need to ask my partner about the name.
Would you be so kind and write this possibility into the Round 7 thread?
 
👍 Lazlo - on the race win :bowdown: well done p :)

Neil is right about the method of driving with pits. He's the king of putting in quick laps and making the tyres last... been chasing his butt all season in JGTC :sly:

Glad at least I got a time in this week :banghead: even if I can't qual for a damn :grumpy: as I'm still working on the top speed adjustments and what this car likes and doesn't... as with JGTC, I don't qual that good, but I can run pretty consistant laps during the race.

I also like the idea for the team name... it beats the name I came up with... "Doh ! and Eat my shorts " LOL

J.R.
 
Back